Daughter's First Deer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Congratulations to both you and your daughter! Definitely both a notable and memorable accomplishment :)

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Congrats to both father and daughter... Now be careful because you may have created a monster that one day soon she just might harvest a much larger deer than you have ever seen. .... drill sgt.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    7mm-08 is a great round. I purchased a Remington 700 youth model, in the same cartridge, for my son when he was 11. Took his first deer (doe) with it on his first hunt.

Good luck with the grocery bill!

Deo volente

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2016
    Grove OK
    Congrats! Thats awesome! These kids will make the sport continue to grow. Not too many kids even want to get off there phone any more. Awesome job dad!

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Congratulations to you both. Great memories. My oldest daughter got her first a small doe 80lbs at 11, and has killed several now. Unfortunatly for me she doesnt want to hunt in the stand with dad anymore. When she turned 14 she did hunters safety online and scheduled the in person. So the last 2 years she has hunted alone. It seems to be paying off she killed a 7pt and then 8pt last year. All taken with 7mm-08 and 140 corelokts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231110_070357_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231110_070357_Gallery.jpg
      169.7 KB · Views: 32
    • Screenshot_20231110_070405_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231110_070405_Gallery.jpg
      273.5 KB · Views: 34
    • Screenshot_20231110_070802_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231110_070802_Gallery.jpg
      458.3 KB · Views: 39
    • Screenshot_20231110_071027_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231110_071027_Gallery.jpg
      337.6 KB · Views: 32
    • Screenshot_20231110_071323_Gallery.jpg
      Screenshot_20231110_071323_Gallery.jpg
      228.2 KB · Views: 30
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2023
    Lake Charles
    My daughter has been hunting with me for years but has never wanted to shoot anything herself. Over the summer she told me she wanted to kill a deer. Game on. Shot plenty over the summer with the .22, then moved her to the deer rifle. Saturday morning, we had 4 large does feed in about 650. Legal to shoot but still dark plus foggy. Watched them eat for about 15 minutes. Put the barrel out the window had her look thru scope to make sure it wasn't fogged up, it was good. Next problem was they were all 4 bunched up at feeder. So we waited. 2 of them were getting skittish, stomping their hoof at something in the woods (not us). One finally separates from the other 3, daughter is trying to line up shot, and she fed behind a tree. About that time, out waddles a FAT A$$ RACCOON between us and them. He promptly hisses at the deer and they all 4 throw flags and bolt. They ran all the way to the road we come in on. He went about 15 feet up the tree. I gave serious consideration to murdering him, but common sense prevailed. Every now and then you'd see a hoof or ear or tail. Too far for her to shoot and way too many trees between us for that. About 20 minutes go by and they finally start feeding back towards us. I look up as they are making their way through the woods and see a spike and another doe has joined the original 4. Told daughter, all 6 are the same size, buck \ doe doesn't matter to me, first one that gives you a clear shot is the one. 3 of the does stayed clumped up as well as the other 2 a lil ways away. That spike probably wishes he would have had a body guard too. She squeezed one off, he kicked his hind legs up at the shot and adrenaline carried him about 15 yards, I watched him pile up at the base of a cypress tree. She says, "Did I hit him, daddy?" I said "oh yeah, you knocked out both his fronts" The corner of the blind hid the deer from her sight, so I watch him for a minute then we got out and started celebrating.
    Sweet to make good memories with your daughter.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    Congratulations to you both. Great memories. My oldest daughter got her first a small doe 80lbs at 11, and has killed several now. Unfortunatly for me she doesnt want to hunt in the stand with dad anymore. When she turned 14 she did hunters safety online and scheduled the in person. So the last 2 years she has hunted alone. It seems to be paying off she killed a 7pt and then 8pt last year. All taken with 7mm-08 and 140 corelokts
    Doesn't get any better, huh?

Congrats to your daughter, she is absolutely killing it!!!!

RUSSELLJAUCOIN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    florien, La.
    My daughter has been hunting with me for years but has never wanted to shoot anything herself. Over the summer she told me she wanted to kill a deer. Game on. Shot plenty over the summer with the .22, then moved her to the deer rifle. Saturday morning, we had 4 large does feed in about 650. Legal to shoot but still dark plus foggy. Watched them eat for about 15 minutes. Put the barrel out the window had her look thru scope to make sure it wasn't fogged up, it was good. Next problem was they were all 4 bunched up at feeder. So we waited. 2 of them were getting skittish, stomping their hoof at something in the woods (not us). One finally separates from the other 3, daughter is trying to line up shot, and she fed behind a tree. About that time, out waddles a FAT A$$ RACCOON between us and them. He promptly hisses at the deer and they all 4 throw flags and bolt. They ran all the way to the road we come in on. He went about 15 feet up the tree. I gave serious consideration to murdering him, but common sense prevailed. Every now and then you'd see a hoof or ear or tail. Too far for her to shoot and way too many trees between us for that. About 20 minutes go by and they finally start feeding back towards us. I look up as they are making their way through the woods and see a spike and another doe has joined the original 4. Told daughter, all 6 are the same size, buck \ doe doesn't matter to me, first one that gives you a clear shot is the one. 3 of the does stayed clumped up as well as the other 2 a lil ways away. That spike probably wishes he would have had a body guard too. She squeezed one off, he kicked his hind legs up at the shot and adrenaline carried him about 15 yards, I watched him pile up at the base of a cypress tree. She says, "Did I hit him, daddy?" I said "oh yeah, you knocked out both his fronts" The corner of the blind hid the deer from her sight, so I watch him for a minute then we got out and started celebrating.
    That's awesome wish to see more young ladies/young men hunting. Took my young granddaughter hunting for years now she is expecting my first Great Grandson and can't wait to start him hunting. You go girl.
    Rev. Russell

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Man that is awesome, she will remember that long after we’re gone!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom