Daves gun shop raided by atf in lafayette la

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    Coppied this off old facespace

Tried searching on here but i kept getting nothing. Wonder what happened.

You've likely heard that our home and Dave's Gun Shop were raided by the ATF last week. Unfortunately, the agents that did so chose not to present us with all of the information and they are stonewalling our attorneys.

As Jeremiah told Bernadette Lee no arrests were made.

If you have questions about your items or how to get them back, please call the ATF satellite office in Lafayette at 504-312-7000.

This status is public, please share it.

I am very seriously asking - if you are friends with me, Jeremiah, have shopped at Dave's Gun Shop, or are against severe government oversteps - please read and share my previous status.

We do not have a full copy of the warrant. The agents only presented us a few pages of it, none of which stated what the actual probable cause was to justify the warrant/search and seizure.

The cameras were on in the shop until 11:17 that night; they were unplugged after the realization that we had an attorney & the warrant listed a partial address.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m not surprised in the least by anything I’ve read here because it’s the ATF. I hope you get things ironed out and that it won’t cost you the bank. I’m expecting this agency to completely run amok under the current nazi regime. Good luck brother.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    They were always cool people to deal with. I have bought things there a few times. The most recent was a Springfield 1911 I bought a few years back.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just left one of the gunsmiths I deal with TODAY. The ATF had stopped by his place last week, and informed him that he had to keep a record of every customer, their address , and gun that was repaired.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I just left one of the gunsmiths I deal with TODAY. The ATF had stopped by his place last week, and informed him that he had to keep a record of every customer, their address , and gun that was repaired.

Wait???

The gunsmith wasn't keeping an A&D book, and the ATF let him off with a warning ? Gee, those bad bad guys.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    According to the owner’s wife on social media, the ATF raided the shop and their home. When the owner’s wife and their attorney showed up, the ATF cut the feed to the security cameras and would not let them in. She also said the judge would not provide a copy of the warrant. From what I’ve been reading, this is possibly due to an ex-employee sending a tip to the ATF that they were selling without a license. The owner’s wife made a comment about not needing a license to sell personal property.

Sounds like a lawsuit.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    According to the owner’s wife on social media, the ATF raided the shop and their home. When the owner’s wife and their attorney showed up, the ATF cut the feed to the security cameras and would not let them in. She also said the judge would not provide a copy of the warrant. From what I’ve been reading, this is possibly due to an ex-employee sending a tip to the ATF that they were selling without a license. The owner’s wife made a comment about not needing a license to sell personal property.

Sounds like a lawsuit.

Well, She's right you know?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Sounds about right to me?, To bad the money doesn't come out the ABC goons check?

should be where if they loose the case they gotta foot the bill... bet they wouldnt be doing all theys hair brain, fly by night cases they know they cannot win just to slow and degrade the character or business

Top Bottom