Daves gun shop raided by atf in lafayette la

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I went in about a year ago to see what they would offer for a few guns. I had a psl, a model a uzi carbine, 2 ak 47's, a desert eagle, along with a few baby eagles and a few other things. They offered me 700 for everything. I said no thank you and left with everything never to return. I know they need to make a profit but the offer was so low ball that it was offending.

It’s sad when a pawn shop would give you more than an actual gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If I had to guess, and it's only a guess....The ATF may have been requesting documents on "Who" they sold the gun to, and "What type" of gun it was. They paid a visit to my gunsmith here in Baton Rouge a little over a week ago. They were giving him a heads up to make sure his records are in order.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I had to guess, and it's only a guess....The ATF may have been requesting documents on "Who" they sold the gun to, and "What type" of gun it was. They paid a visit to my gunsmith here in Baton Rouge a little over a week ago. They were giving him a heads up to make sure his records are in order.

I don’t think the ATF needs a warrant to check the records of an FFL holder.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don’t think the ATF needs a warrant to check the records of an FFL holder.

They don’t.

According to the social media accounts, this wasn’t even about the shop. It was about the owner. The full story doesn’t exist yet and I doubt it will. Sounds like the lawyered up and are getting stuff back that was seized, so who knows.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I believe they were personally buying ammo and reselling it bagged by the 100 of .223. I was their a few weeks back and at check out. I asked the price of the bags they told me $100 per bag. I said NOPE. HAHA the clerk said they were buying ammo that was the only way they could get ammo. The boxes they had on the shelf were all odd cal.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Like this listing?
    https://app.louisianasportsman.com/...ngle_ad&id=990842&cat_code=HU&subcat_code=HU3

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    First off, none of you know the whole story.

The ATF are not the bad guys here.

The two employees were not doing anything illegal and they were given an option of comply or be brought down for things they weren't involved in.

As for the bags of ammo, it was from damaged boxes and being sold as 100rd mixed lots. Not reloaded. Not illegal.

I cannot tell you everything as it will come out in due time, but one or two of the things discussed WERE part of the reasons for this.

Just tired of them running their mouth on FB.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    First off, none of you know the whole story.

The ATF are not the bad guys here.

The two employees were not doing anything illegal and they were given an option of comply or be brought down for things they weren't involved in.

As for the bags of ammo, it was from damaged boxes and being sold as 100rd mixed lots. Not reloaded. Not illegal.

I cannot tell you everything as it will come out in due time, but one or two of the things discussed WERE part of the reasons for this.

Just tired of them running their mouth on FB.

I didn't see them running their mouths. It's two posts on FB and an Instagram post. I agree that it would best not to post anything at all and wait for things to be over with.

I've only relayed what was stated online. Are you saying the two employees (or past employees) were blackmailed? I'm confused.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Thanks for the clarification wasn't aware of the 1year time and all Tks

I didn't see them running their mouths. It's two posts on FB and an Instagram post. I agree that it would best not to post anything at all and wait for things to be over with.

I've only relayed what was stated online. Are you saying the two employees (or past employees) were blackmailed? I'm confused.

I said nothing of blackmailed. The ATF gave them two options:
    1. Cooperate and not be brough in and charged for things they weren't doing.

Or

2. Be charged as well.

And since you have her/them on instagram/fb you've only seen part of what happened. And alot of it is just fluff.

I didn't mean to come off as rude in either of these posts, but too many people speculate about things without knowing the whole story. When friends don't even want to talk to you because of things said by the owner/wife, you kinda get tired of seeing it thrown around about the two employees being snitches or involved in illegal stuff.

It will all come out. Until then, know that until it does, you know only a fluffed up part told by one side. Believe me, I'd love to lay it all out, but I'll refrain from it and let it be from here.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I said nothing of blackmailed. The ATF gave them two options:
    1. Cooperate and not be brough in and charged for things they weren't doing.

Or

2. Be charged as well.

And since you have her/them on instagram/fb you've only seen part of what happened. And alot of it is just fluff.

I didn't mean to come off as rude in either of these posts, but too many people speculate about things without knowing the whole story. When friends don't even want to talk to you because of things said by the owner/wife, you kinda get tired of seeing it thrown around about the two employees being snitches or involved in illegal stuff.

It will all come out. Until then, know that until it does, you know only a fluffed up part told by one side. Believe me, I'd love to lay it all out, but I'll refrain from it and let it be from here.

So you’re an employee trying to squash rumors and promise to give us an exclusive when the court case is over?

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    So you’re an employee trying to squash rumors and promise to give us an exclusive when the court case is over?

Yes, I am one of the "two employees " they are talking about, so I do infact know the whole story and believe me they aren't telling it. So with all due respect, take what they post with a grain of salt at this point.

I am beyond tired of them messaging friends asking information on me and the other employee, as well as the rumors being spread.

One of our good customers seen this thread and contacted me because they didn't know about the raid yet. I haven't seen it because I stay in the Market place. I've met more than a few of the members and have never had a bad encounter.

He is a member here and when he reads this, he can verify I am one of the employees.

I HAVE seen the warrant. I held and read the warrant. I am the one that had to open the shop, turn off the alarm, and give them access to the 4473s. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with finding out who owns what. They were confiscated for other reasons.

This is all information the owner knows and has been telling everyone anyways. Hell he sent us a picture of us with the ATF in the shop (and I happen to be reading the warrant) and has posted it elsewhere from friends calling us about it.

Just be patient. PLEASE don't jump to conclusions, bash the ATF agents, start speculation that we (employees) were at fault or doing any illegal activities. That helps no one involved.
    This is not ATF "cowboys" or them doing what they want as others have said.

There ARE reasons. They WILL come out.

And yep, when everything is made public by both parties, I will happily discuss anything or answer any questions.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yes, I am one of the "two employees " they are talking about, so I do infact know the whole story and believe me they aren't telling it. So with all due respect, take what they post with a grain of salt at this point.

I am beyond tired of them messaging friends asking information on me and the other employee, as well as the rumors being spread.

One of our good customers seen this thread and contacted me because they didn't know about the raid yet. I haven't seen it because I stay in the Market place. I've met more than a few of the members and have never had a bad encounter.

He is a member here and when he reads this, he can verify I am one of the employees.

I HAVE seen the warrant. I held and read the warrant. I am the one that had to open the shop, turn off the alarm, and give them access to the 4473s. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with finding out who owns what. They were confiscated for other reasons.

This is all information the owner knows and has been telling everyone anyways. Hell he sent us a picture of us with the ATF in the shop (and I happen to be reading the warrant) and has posted it elsewhere from friends calling us about it.

Just be patient. PLEASE don't jump to conclusions, bash the ATF agents, start speculation that we (employees) were at fault or doing any illegal activities. That helps no one involved.
    This is not ATF "cowboys" or them doing what they want as others have said.

There ARE reasons. They WILL come out.

And yep, when everything is made public by both parties, I will happily discuss anything or answer any questions.

That sounds reasonable.

None of this affects any of the members here (hopefully), so this is just side bar banter for the most part.

I have only seen the owner’s wife’s posts and figured there was more to it.

Top Bottom