Disgusting article from the Huffington Post

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Josh Sugarmann Executive director, Violence Policy Center writes;
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-sugarmann/norway-shooters-mini-14-t_b_911155.html

The attack in Norway by Anders Behring Breivik, apparently involving a Ruger Mini-14 assault rifle, is only the most horrific of the mass shootings involving the company's products.

Founded in 1949, the "corporate motto" of Sturm, Ruger & Co. is "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens." But Sturm, Ruger firearms are also often found in the hands of mass shooters: last year's attack at a Connecticut beer distributor, leaving eight victims dead and two wounded; the 1999 shooting at Wedgewood Baptist Church in Texas, leaving seven victims dead and seven wounded; Oregon's Thurston High School in 1998, leaving four dead and 22 wounded; the 1993 Long Island Railroad shooting, leaving six dead and 19 wounded; the 1991 Luby's massacre, leaving 23 victims dead and 20 wounded; and, a 1987 shootout at a Florida shopping center, leaving six dead, including two police officers.

and as Jonn Lilyea from - http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=26047 points out;

Ya know, that’s funny because I have a Ruger Mini-14, with several high capacity magazines. I bought the rifle in 1984, and to the best of my knowledge, it’s never shot anyone. I also have three Ruger handguns, none of them have ever shot at anyone either. So, somehow, I must’ve got the duds – the weapons that don’t work because they haven’t shot anyone like Ruger apparently designed and programmed the guns to do.

If you go to Violence Policy Center’s website, they also have a report that tells how mass murderers prefer Glocks (.pdf). Oh, goodness, I own a Glock that hasn’t shot anyone, either. What are the odds that I would have five guns all known for committing mass murders and none of mine have shot even a single person in almost thirty years in my possession? I even owned the Mini-14 though the “scary-looking rifle ban” of the ’90s and it didn’t even point itself at anyone. And it has a pistol grip AND a flash suppressor!!!

Just another attempt to blame mispelt words on pencils! :zombie: :doh:

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    He called MW2 a military simulator.:rofl:

andersnorwayshootingsle.jpg

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    :puke:"Josh Sugarmann"

You could have just stopped right there, Hitman. That's plenty enough "disgusting" even without whatever he scribbled down in the "article". :thumbsdown::madfawk:

Top Bottom