Do ranges....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buddy_fuentes

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Maurepas, LA (Diversion Canal)
    They don't care if you pick up your own brass or the guy's brass, next to you, that says help yourself. However, if you go in and start cleaning up the floors and taking brass......NO. That belongs to them and they sell it in bulk. At that point you are reaching in their pockets and taking something that doesn't belong to you.:thumbsdown:

Always put the shoe on the other foot...suppose you or your family owned the range and were trying to make a living.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    That is what Mike told me when he chewed my ass like a 14 year old. I was shooting 22, and there was some 9mm and 45 in my stall, so I just picked it up instead of sweeping, and he swooped in and berated me. When I tried to talk to him about his tone, which I have tolerated for quite a while, he basically took the ole' if you don't like it, go somewhere else. I think he is just a little special, so I give him some slack, but I have heard him yell at people on the phone and curse them out.

In his defense, there are some real knuckleheads that go in there. Democrats with double, I said double, pearl handled Taurus semi- in a nylon dual shoulder rig. If I would have been in the mood for a gun fght, I would have tried to get pictures. :eek3:
    :rofl: He definitely puts up with a lot of BS over there. I have had some convos with Mike and he always seemed like a real nice guy, but I have definitely seen him get angry a few times at people. He generally loves to make fun of the types you are referring to when they are in their lanes and away from where they can hear him.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    They don't care if you pick up your own brass or the guy's brass, next to you, that says help yourself. However, if you go in and start cleaning up the floors and taking brass......NO. That belongs to them and they sell it in bulk. At that point you are reaching in their pockets and taking something that doesn't belong to you.:thumbsdown:

Always put the shoe on the other foot...suppose you or your family owned the range and were trying to make a living.

I agree, but me and my students have left tens of thousands of rounds on the deck, so me picking up fifty because I want to start reloading is no reason to get retarded. But Ihave seen some brass whores who try to catch them before they even hit the deck

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Whether he's a "good guy" or not, yelling at me and treating me like a 14 year old is a quick way to lose my business forever.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Whether he's a "good guy" or not, yelling at me and treating me like a 14 year old is a quick way to lose my business forever.

Normally I would agree, but they have the ONLY range I can do CHP classes at. That is part of the problem, the owner does not like the fact that other instructors use his range, because they do classes also. To me, money is money. My last Saturday class brought himin over 500.00 in range fees and gear.

Trust me, if I could afford to open my own range.........

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    The guy Mike at Shooter's can be an ass, but he can be cool at times too. I asked him about picking up my brass when I started reloading and he said to mark all my brass so I knew which ones were mine:squint:

I said what if I just come with 100 rounds and leave with 100 brass that is just laying around, mine or another guy's and he said that was fine. Anyone know what Jefferson Gun charges for brass now? Last time I went there it was $30 for 1000 9mm brass.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    DO NOT DO IT AT SHOOTER'S CLUB IN METAIRIE.

I tried to pick up some brass that someone had obviously left, and Mike, the manager went plum batshit crazy.

That is what they pay the old man who sweeps the range with. He bird dogs me anytime I pick up brass now. He can really be an ass in the way hetalks to people sometimes, but he is a good dude.

If this is the case I will NEVER go there, even though it's right down the street from me,

Top Bottom