Does anyone here use Amsoil?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Just curious because I'm seriously considering buying an ad here on BS.

Just wondering if there is enough interest even though it's not gun related.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Just curious because I'm seriously considering buying an ad here on BS.

Just wondering if there is enough interest even though it's not gun related.

Quality Synthetic motor oil and Dextron ATF are both great lubricants for firearms.
    I have used both for years with great results.

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I use to be a dealer at one time. The price just kept going up and it was hard to compete once mobile one came out with there 15k and 25k mile synthetics, but amsoil is better than mobile one, castrol syntec is also very good oil for the price. But I could talk all day about oils. Redline, royal purple, schaffers..

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I think any good motor oil will work fine if you change it regularly when it needs to be changed. I run OEM Mobil 1 in my LS7, and whatever is cheapest in my SR20.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I think any good motor oil will work fine if you change it regularly when it needs to be changed. I run OEM Mobil 1 in my LS7, and whatever is cheapest in my SR20.

+100000000 All oils get dirty you have to change it. I use Motorcraft 5-20 in my girlfriends truck and it has 430,000 miles on it. I use Havoline in mine with 320,000 miles. I don't see the need for the over priced stuff if you change your oil. My friends with race engines use Mobil 1 with no oiling problems.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.

What do you have an LS7 in, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    +100000000 All oils get dirty you have to change it. I use Motorcraft 5-20 in my girlfriends truck and it has 430,000 miles on it. I use Havoline in mine with 320,000 miles. I don't see the need for the over priced stuff if you change your oil. My friends with race engines use Mobil 1 with no oiling problems.

I've seen plenty of independent test on off the shelf lubricants, and from what I've seen with my own eyes is synthetic oil is greater than any of the Dino oils, and Mobil 1 has a lot of burn off because of the trashy fillers they use in there base. I haven't seen any test since 2004, but I would use syn over Dino oil. I seen first hand what can happen with brand new Dino oil out the bottle have issues and break down immediately under stress. So I put syn in everything, even the lawn mower. And motocraft 5w-20 is a synthetic blend.

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

Dependent on both the quality of the filter and how the oil and additives package reacts to contaminates. Plus as I mentioned your 3000 miles vs my 25,000 miles. :p

Top Bottom