Dog breeder???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Does anyone know where I can find a Presa Canario or Malinois shephard?

Have a contractor buddy that is looking for one.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    He is going to have to travel for the Presa Canario.. i know of a couple breeders in GA.. dont think there are 2 many in LA.. i know a couple good Doberman breeders :p

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Go Dobe! Hey Bbolt, my baby just turned 11. She runs through this house jumping off of sofas like a bouncing board at full speed. She's my 2nd. I'm gonna be in bad shape when this one goes. Hope your big boy is dong good. Peace out.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    I have a buddy that got a Presa from a breeder in Georgia. She is a beast of a dog, about 170lbs of pure muscle. I am 6'4 and standing up on her hind legs we can almost see eye to eye.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    Get yourself an Alaskan Malamute. Very quiet, don’t bark. They love to let you in, but won’t let you leave, very sneaky. Some look just like Wolves and act like them also. 150 lb. range normal. In my business we call them OVERWEIGHT, HEAVYBONED, CURLY TAILED WOLF.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Go Dobe! Hey Bbolt, my baby just turned 11. She runs through this house jumping off of sofas like a bouncing board at full speed. She's my 2nd. I'm gonna be in bad shape when this one goes. Hope your big boy is dong good. Peace out.

Wow 11 thats awesome.. my big baby is only 10 but still acts like a lil pup. I love dobes, best dogs out there IMO... calm and content to be a big lazy lap dog but as soon as you start to play ITS ON!! smartest thing on 4 legs and the best guard dogs. i would trust my life with my dobe.

Later

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    No, but there is a world of difference between these two breeds.

The biggest difference is the training methods and personality traits of the canines. As for as job performance as "man stoppers" both have the traits to do such. Countries like Astan that have a huge moloser dog breed of their own are not intimidated by traditional working breeds that are popular but they are intimidated by breeds they have not seen much of.. presa, black russian terrier, south african boerbol, DDR Rotts, giant schnauzers, etc.

Get yourself an Alaskan Malamute. Very quiet, don’t bark. They love to let you in, but won’t let you leave, very sneaky. Some look just like Wolves and act like them also. 150 lb. range normal. In my business we call them OVERWEIGHT, HEAVYBONED, CURLY TAILED WOLF.

Alaskan Malamute would not last 2 weeks in the environments we work in, It would overheat instantly and letting people "in" in my world equals bad injured or killed buddies so your referal gets a huge negative.

Later

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Friend of mine in Leesville, LA has two Presa's.

I'll see if I can get in contact with him to find out where he got them.

Thank You, also as further information.. I am not looking for an "Americanized" version of the Presa but the proper working version.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Mutt's approaching fifteen and going down hill. Since it takes time to research a new breed I started off handedly looking. So far I'm leaning towards the American Alsatian.

K9CopSGT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Lutcher, LA
    K-9 Concepts Jack and Sheree Robichaux. Excellent trainers of Belgian Malinois.

The K-9 I worked with from there took first place in USPCA Narcotics detection competition the same year we got her.

They are a little expensive, but the K-9s from there are worth every penny, and the price includes your training with the dog you choose.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I know his mind is made up and he hasn't asked for breed recommendations but I'd choose a Working Strain Belgian Malinois or Dutch Shepherd. If more size and intimidation are required in a hot environment then I'd look for a Working Strain (Scott bloodline) American Bulldog - preferably from hog hunting stock. But that's just me.

I also have no issues with crossbreeds if done knowledgeably. An example: Catahoula + gamebred Pit Bull crossed into a Scott working American Bulldog (hog hunting strain). The result would be a lighter boned "bulldog" with a better nose and harder than the American Bulldog - not to mention more agile and with more endurance. Just an example for a hard, fast hunting/kill dog or farm dog.

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    There is a Malinois breeder who advertises on LS. He says they are "working" dogs - I've been curious to call because I'd like to know if he does schutzhund, s&r, etc. But, knowing myself, I'm afraid to call / go see pups - I am sure I couldn't resist taking one home. I grew up with 1950s era dobes but, I really like what I have seen with this breed - they're pretty impressive animals.

Top Bottom