Donavon's in Metairie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buck3050

May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    Has anyone done business with this shop? Went there the other day looking for some #10 percussion caps and the guy was very rude and thought his sh---t didn't stink. Will never go back. He said they quit making them 5 years ago. Went to another retailer and they had all i needed.

Last edited:

jslj11244

Big John
    Aug 10, 2009
    Jefferson Parish
    Donavon's

Has anyone done business with this shop? Went there the other day looking for some #10 percussion caps and the guy was very rude and thought his sh---t didn't stink. Will never go back. He said they quit making them 5 years ago. Went to another retailer and they had all i needed.

had the same attitude when I went there 8 years ago. Haven't been back

Request Dust Off

Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I dealt with him a little. I went in to check the place out. Prices are high. I don't think he knows much about reloading. He was OK. Hours of operation require me to go during working hours.

He did order something for me without prepaying but it turned out to be kind of a pain.

I called on the phone 1 time and he got shitty with me. I "went off" right back to him and he changed his tune.

If I am desparate I'll go. I try not to get desparate.

I think he does a good bit of getting parts for guns. I don't know if he sells them or only does the repairs.

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    The only reason I still go there occasionally is because I went to high school with his son, and know the family, but I know exactly where you are coming from.

Dave328

Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    LOL @ Rummel!!!!

picture.php

JR1572

Premium Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    You know he was a deputy and was shot while in a shootout in the 80's. I have never been in his store, but I have seen the signs as I passed it.

JR1572

Last edited:

Frnchyse

Will work for ammo!
    Mar 23, 2009
    Metairie
    Man when I went he really wasn't an a hole although he was mainly fooling with something in the back, but when I talked to him he was nice. Also at the time he had the cheapest XD's when I was looking for mine.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom