Dont sell USGI marked magazines.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joel.L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    They are considering all items stolen. If you dont have a paper receipt through DRMO you fall into that category.

Joel.L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I know people that have been contacted by military police investigators.
    they all are being investigated for magazine with LE/ govt. issue only. the old usgi ones that are everywhere.

Joel.L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    So don't be a dickhead, just look at the vagueness of the article.

During these times of fiscal restraint, we can’t afford to continue to buy equipment to replace that which is stolen and sold by others,* Burrell said.

*Most of the items that are sold are high-demand items that are expensive and easy to sell on the open market. It has an adverse affect on readiness and it’s a crime.*

Read more: Fort Polk Guardian - Selling government property could land Soldiers in ‘bookoo’ trouble don’t do it

What is high demand right now? 30 rnd mags.

Last edited:

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    5367.755776_2D00_lol_5F00_que_5F00_large.jpg

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    This is because of troops stealing them and selling them on Polk bookoo. Needs to stop happening as we don't have any more money. I imagine it's a really big problem right now with them high price in civilian market.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So don't be a dickhead, just look at the vagueness of the article.

During these times of fiscal restraint, we can’t afford to continue to buy equipment to replace that which is stolen and sold by others,* Burrell said.

*Most of the items that are sold are high-demand items that are expensive and easy to sell on the open market. It has an adverse affect on readiness and it’s a crime.*

Read more: Fort Polk Guardian - Selling government property could land Soldiers in ‘bookoo’ trouble don’t do it

What is high demand right now? 30 rnd mags.

You said, and I quote: "Military wants to take your magazines."

Again, what does that article have to do with the linked story?

Also, what does that story have to do with my magazines?
    I don't buy surplus.

And to the moron that wrote the story, you're in Louisiana learn to spell beaucoup!

Last edited:

Joel.L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I can under stand them wanting to stop the scenario. But they are hitting up people who have legitimately bought usgi mags from gun shows, military surplus, ect. That decided to sell some off at this particular political moment.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Oh Please! :noes: All they have to do is go 2 miles from the Front Gate of Camp Lejune where the Marine soldiers buy them with their own money along with other essential gear before they deploy for combat because our "Fu ed Up" government only issues them 2............:draw: Such a joke!:bowrofl:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well color me suprised,They just admitted to doing this ?
    We are not alone !
    DES military police investigator Torrence Williams said his office keeps track of military property being sold on the Internet.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Oh Please! :noes: All they have to do is go 2 miles from the Front Gate of Camp Lejune where the Marine soldiers buy them with their own money along with other essential gear before they deploy for combat because our "Fu ed Up" government only issues them 2............:draw: Such a joke!:bowrofl:

Nobody going to combat is sent to war with 2 magazines. They may not receive their basic load until they arrive in country but they aren't going in harms way with 2 mags.

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    My favorite incident of this type of things was a missing ejection seat was discovered during an inventory. Because they are serial number controlled items the serial number was well recorded. It was found on ebay in short order.... Idiot wasn't even smart enough to cover up the pictures showing the serial number.... LOL

But ya, ive seen these investigations with guys selling mags and ammo before. Its not as common as you would think. Ammo stockpiles are controlled, and magazines are considered pilferable and under lock and key with tightly controlled access at all times (at least in the AF). Ya guys still try it, but only the stupid ones as you have to sign in and out of the cage/vault, and because they are inventoried frequently its easy to see discrepancies. It happens, but trust me, its a lot harder to just steal stuff out of a stockpile without someone knowing. As for getting caught buying stolen mags, I really wouldn't worry about it unless the guy actually says he stole them.

Top Bottom