Dont sell USGI marked magazines.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUSMC

Segreant
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Prairieville
    Oh Please! :noes: All they have to do is go 2 miles from the Front Gate of Camp Lejune where the Marine soldiers buy them with their own money along with other essential gear before they deploy for combat because our "Fu ed Up" government only issues them 2............:draw: Such a joke!:bowrofl:

Did you hear this story from a "Marine Soldier" or did you just make it up?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Working on Polk myself, I can tell you this is all about BooKoo and Soldiers. CID is actively selling and buying Government Equipment on there. Call it Entrapment or whatever but that's what is happening. Mags would be a stretch though considering none of them are marked GI. We find them everywhere. In the trash in the solid waste stream in warehouse quadcons....everywhere, especially after Rotational Unit Training. We turn them in to North Fort for re-issue

If I had to guess this is more about CIF Gear and deployment issue gear like SureFires, Duece Gear, Scopes and NVG mounts etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    It's the abundance of new members, all derping together. Eventually the ban hammer will rid many of them and the others will go back to the deep caverns of derpedness.

Go easy on them. Some will become productive members if given the chance. If you dig back though here a number of years, I have had had some derp moments of my own.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Go easy on them. Some will become productive members if given the chance. If you dig back though here a number of years, I have had had some derp moments of my own.

Oh not all of them. Just some. I have met some of the new members, good people. But some not so much. Hell I have a couple dumb moments lol I went through "initiation" so I am just passing the favor along :D

22lr

The Lost Hoosier
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Bossier City
    Working on Polk myself, I can tell you this is all about BooKoo and Soldiers. CID is actively selling and buying Government Equipment on there. Call it Entrapment or whatever but that's what is happening. Mags would be a stretch though considering none of them are marked GI. We find them everywhere. In the trash in the solid waste stream in warehouse quadcons....everywhere, especially after Rotational Unit Training. We turn them in to North Fort for re-issue

If I had to guess this is more about CIF Gear and deployment issue gear like SureFires, Duece Gear, Scopes and NVG mounts etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Explain this to a AF guy please.

Does the Army not hold soldiers accountable for there gear? Heck, the POS canteen and pistol belt I was issued from the AF are on my equipment account and are accountable items that I will have to pay for if I cant turn them in when the time comes. I just cant fathom how this is a problem for the Army. I guess I don't know much about how the other branches work, but how do they account for the gear?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Isn't it generally a good rule of thumb to not buy or sell stolen goods? :dogkeke:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, first of all, I've never been given only 2 mags in the Marine Corps, even for my pistol. At LEAST 4 rifle and 3 pistol mags, just for basic base security. Second, all mags made during the ban were marked, regardless of where they came from. I've bought brand new mags direct from the manufacturer that were marked. I'd love them to try something with all of my HK mags with build dates prior to the US military ever having them.

You don't have to PROVE that you bought them legally, they have to prove that you didn't. It's ironically called "Burden of Proof."

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Ok, first of all, I've never been given only 2 mags in the Marine Corps, even for my pistol. At LEAST 4 rifle and 3 pistol mags, just for basic base security. Second, all mags made during the ban were marked, regardless of where they came from. I've bought brand new mags direct from the manufacturer that were marked. I'd love them to try something with all of my HK mags with build dates prior to the US military ever having them.

You don't have to PROVE that you bought them legally, they have to prove that you didn't. It's ironically called "Burden of Proof."

The UK MoD and the US Army XM8 program were the original customer for those garbage mags so there are none that predate the US Mil having them.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Explain this to a AF guy please.

Does the Army not hold soldiers accountable for there gear?

Well I think the thing is like most gargantuan organizations that deal with hundreds of thousands of people and millions of pieces of gear and equipment, KEEPING UP WITH IT! is damn near impossible. So you do the best you can. All Branches deal with it of course but the Army has two major things going against it. A larger Budget to buy more ****, and MORE PEOPLE to deal with.

Fort Polk however is unique in that it's the JRTC(Joint Rediness Training Facility).

So Lots of Units flow in and out and they leave and lose lots of gear behind. This gear is collected and re-distributed as much as possible.

All of this will be slowing down for two reasons on Fort Polk.
    1 - Whenever they decide whatever they're going to do with Mags and Rifles
    2 - OP Tempo is ever decreasing with Iraq and Afghan coming to an End.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    You said, and I quote: "Military wants to take your magazines."

Again, what does that article have to do with the linked story?

Also, what does that story have to do with my magazines?
    I don't buy surplus.

And to the moron that wrote the story, you're in Louisiana learn to spell beaucoup!

+1 on the spelling

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    OH TEH NOES!!!! THIS IS INSANE! NEXT THEY WILL BE COMING FOR YOUR (MILITARY PROPERTY) AMMO CANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:run: :run: :run: :noes: :noes: :noes: :curse: :curse: :curse: :draw:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom