DoubleStar Group Buy Drama

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    :oBrief update.....

Doublestar is wanting to increase my price $8 each which means I lose several thousand dollars on the deal. I allready called Lisa today and she is having Jesse call me. The price increase is per Theresa. I will give a detailed explination tonight.

Work with me here folks....

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19928&page=78

Let me know if you want your money back. Other than that standby and possibly expect to pay an additional $8per. Simply let me know if you are in or out and I will see how fast I can get you your money if you opt out.

Thanks

Next time I try to do a group buy point me to these threads.;)

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Wow!

Do they realize the format of the purchase? Are they just dicks?

I guess I'll stay in it. Or whatever the majority wants to do or is easiest for you.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Seems like there's drama around every corner with the buy. If the price goes up, I'd like to get out.

I understand, it has not been a relaxing time with this buy. I know you have been in since the beginning and appreciate it. I have done my best to keep everyone informed so that way no one comes to me and says they were blind sided by any information as I am getting it out to ya'll as soon as I can. At least this way we get blind sided together.

Patience is a virtue well I utilize that enough in my life to where I shouldnt have to while trying to enjoy my hobby:rofl:

Thanks everyone

If someone wants out it wont bother me, I have nothing to gain or lose from this. I will stay in with my 10(long story I didnt want that many but accepted payment then placed the order and found out someone was underage so I am purchasing those) until it really gets stupid, but hopefully cooler heads will prevail and we will et them in and soon.

I think what it is boiling down to is DS knows they can sell them at a higher price than these were locked in for and an extra 4,000 at $20 more per to others will pay someones salary. That is enough to pay mine and someone else too. SO I think they are taking on a bad business practice but it is supply and demand and hopefully they will honor their word. I have been disgusted with this since I read it this morning.

edman87k5

Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I will stay in so long as I am not the only one. Just let us know when we need to send the additional $.
    Thanks for all your trouble, I am sure this is very aggrivating for you.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I will stay in so long as I am not the only one. Just let us know when we need to send the additional $.
    Thanks for all your trouble, I am sure this is very aggrivating for you.

Hopefully they get it resolved and we dont have to send additional monies; but if/when that time comes I will let everyone know.

nikolai

Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    There was a valid point made on 191a4 about this increase. Someone on there contacted the supplier that provides DS with the lowers and they indicated that at that large of a quantity, the price would have gone down rather than up. The price we are paying is for a run of 100 lowers, rather than the 4000 ordered. If DS is shady now, who's to say they won't continue to delay the delivery so they can sell the supply to regular customers at twice the price.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA

Just coming to post that

There was a valid point made on 191a4 about this increase. Someone on there contacted the supplier that provides DS with the lowers and they indicated that at that large of a quantity, the price would have gone down rather than up. The price we are paying is for a run of 100 lowers, rather than the 4000 ordered. If DS is shady now, who's to say they won't continue to delay the delivery so they can sell the supply to regular customers at twice the price.

Who knows

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Honestly this is a lot of trouble for 2 little receivers I ordered. I'd HATE to back out of anything I've committed to, and $12-$16 extra isn't a huge deal to me. I'm more concerned with the time frame. I knew a couple of months was expected but now that I know I'll be leaving at the end of feb I'm feeling certain that they wont come in on time for me to even be able to pick them up. On top of that I'm sure I could've found 2 lowers somewhere else by now, even 1 in hand at double the price is better then 2 that I might see in a few more months. I'd also hate to give DS any of my money after all of this BS.

If he manages to find another manufacturer or keep the price from going up then I'll stick. But if he stays with DS and the price goes up I'm going to have to back out. Sorry if this causes you any problems.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Wouldnt put me in a bind at this point, if it takes longer and everyone want their money back at the same time then we will have to wait for him to send us a check as he has explained in the thread. So if you are contemplating backing out I would say go for it now as I expect the price to increase at this point.

Sorry again.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    BTT

Just wanting everyone involved to see this thread

Heading to bed will respond in the morning. This getting old stuff sucks. Ok maybe it is the 70 mile 1way to work when I have to be there for 7am.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Tim, just let me know if you need any extra for the two I have on order.

If you want someone to take two more off your excess that you accidentally got stuck with let me know, I'll take some more. After that I'm done with DoubleStar. Would it be legal to remove the manufacturer's logo from the receiver after I get it?

diat150

Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    glad I got out early. it just didnt seem organized on anyone above tim's part. tim did a great job, but he can only do so much.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom