Dpms Oracle good enough?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That's the nice way to put it :mamoru:

We're already past page 2, so it's ok if we go full retard and discuss magnified optics for home defense :rofl:

I thought he said he'd like to use the rifle for everything from close quarters to 200 yards. A 1-4x or 1-6x would work fine for that.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Lighten up, buddy.

You'd be A-OK with irons and you got your answer for a QD scope mount.
    You already know what you want to do, so I don't see why you're asking us.

Cause you aint the only person in the world with an opinion. I'm as light as I can get. I aint pissed off and I aint made my mind up.

I just cant see where you ard coming from as if there is some voodoo in never pulling a scope mount.

I asked questions cause I'm new to A/R's not new to the planet. And I want to try to put a system together that I can use up close and personal and feel confident in mid range applications.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I thought he said he'd like to use the rifle for everything from close quarters to 200 yards. A 1-4x or 1-6x would work fine for that.

The HD part got confused with another thread... whoops

Cause you aint the only person in the world with an opinion. I'm as light as I can get. I aint pissed off and I aint made my mind up.

I just cant see where you ard coming from as if there is some voodoo in never pulling a scope mount.

I asked questions cause I'm new to A/R's not new to the planet. And I want to try to put a system together that I can use up close and personal and feel confident in mid range applications.

Then you should be looking at a 1-4x/1-6x power optic like JCcypress mentioned.

You can find Vortex optics on sale every now and then. There was a sale recently with the Crossfire 2's a little over $100.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

The HD part got confused with another thread... whoops

Then you should be looking at a 1-4x/1-6x power optic like JCcypress mentioned.

You can find Vortex optics on sale every now and then. There was a sale recently with the Crossfire 2's a little over $100.

That could work. I will google later. They work good in low light or dark with a flashlight type situations?

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    My point is, if you wanted to save $50, you could have easily bought it at the same price, or cheaper, online and paid a $15 transfer. The $50 you saved, went towards paying taxes that you don't have to pay if you buy online...

You can zero the irons and add a scope, then zero the scope. A scope will not affect your irons.
    Wait What ? You don't have to pay taxes for on line purchases ? Careful There

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Ooops!!! :hs:

A few big box type outdoor stores charged me tax on my last few orders. They were all "FREE SHIPPING" then you get smacked with the tax.

Its because they have "physical presence" in the state. They have a store or a warehouse or a call center or headquarters, ect. Unfortunately I can claim to be an expert in sales and local taxes in something like 20 states. Technically if your vendor does not charge you, you are required by most states including here to accrue sales tax. But I dont expect them to come asking private citizens about this sort of thing. Figured this was all irrelevent to the conversation but what the heck y'all share knowledge with me so I shouldnt be stingy with mine.

Top Bottom