Dreams of malfunction

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    These are common dreams among police officers and soldiers. Some vary on the exact details. Mine for instance were that the gun would only misfire or I would miss every shot, bullets would not stop it, etc. Talking to others prove it to be common, even among those who have pulled the trigger and taken a life in real life. I dont think one has to do with the other.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I have these sorts of dreams, only in mine the gun usually goes bang but the bullets don't seem to do anything, like they're blanks. Generally the BG just looks at me confused while I unload into him, like the bullets only have the effect of slightly dazing the BG.

Oddly enough, though, the dreams often end with me ditching the useless gun and attacking savagely bare-handed or with a knife, and thus far in all the dreams knives and fists work just fine. I mean there was one where the gun did nothing but I was severing limbs with ease with a kukri knife.

Maybe something about the human subconscious doubts what they really can't see, even though you know it is there. Like the frustration in real life when there is no hole in the target even though you pointed the gun right at it and it went bang. I don't think my mind can deny the ability of a knife to stick people, though.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    About once a month I dream that I'm in a situation where I need to use my gun. Unfortunately I get clicks and no bangs.
    Most recently, I had to chamber a round, click, decock, cycle, click. And then bang.
    Anyone else have this dream problem?

Can't say I have every dreamed about anything to do with guns. Now a scantly dressed 19 year old cheerleader... That might be different....:rofl:

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I just had my first malfunction dream the other night. It wasn't a regular malfunction though. I pulled out my G27 and fired one round into one of the 2 BG's forehead. As soon as that happened, the slide locked back and the magazine spit out the other 9 rounds. Quite odd and quite scary since the other BG was still after me.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Nope......never happens, I'm 100% confident in my abilities with a gun and I carry GeeLock

My fear is the legal stuff, but then I have felt that first hand, and I don't know if I could survive financially if I had to defend my self again

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    About once a month I dream that I'm in a situation where I need to use my gun. Unfortunately I get clicks and no bangs.
    Most recently, I had to chamber a round, click, decock, cycle, click. And then bang.

Yes, every time I have this dream, I wake up surrounded by body parts.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Get something that will never require a de cock to re engage....or anything that has a manual safety....get it down to point and click, maybe the dreams will get better

It worked for me....I carried Ruger P 90 and Taurus Millineum Pro...had problems with gadgets

Same with any thing that don't point and shoot

Just 1 Dawgs facts tho

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dawg just dreams about oil-filled tsunami's and giant methane clouds. :p

Honestly, I don't think the dreams have anything to do with insecurity about our abilities, firearms or even willingness to use them against a threat. I think Pangris gives us the best example of the most likely cause of these dreams... A lot of us simply don't get to enhance/exercise our skills. Nor do we come anywhere close to the realism offered by good training and competition. As someone else pointed out, our brains have trouble reconciling the realities of a gunfight, so the guns just don't work.

I'd like to hear an "expert's" take on this whole thing-- someone "qualified" to analyze the meaning of dreams. Somehow, I think our collective love of firearms and dreams of them failing would end up in some erectile disfunction prognosis. And I don't know about you all, but... mine works just fine.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods

Honestly, I don't think the dreams have anything to do with insecurity about our abilities, firearms or even willingness to use them against a threat. I think Pangris gives us the best example of the most likely cause of these dreams... A lot of us simply don't get to enhance/exercise our skills. Nor do we come anywhere close to the realism offered by good training and competition. As someone else pointed out, our brains have trouble reconciling the realities of a gunfight, so the guns just don't work.

I'd like to hear an "expert's" take on this whole thing-- someone "qualified" to analyze the meaning of dreams. Somehow, I think our collective love of firearms and dreams of them failing would end up in some erectile disfunction prognosis. And I don't know about you all, but... mine works just fine.

SEE ABOVE POST

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I've never had that dream...but very similar is a recurring dream I have where I'm punching someone as hard as I can and it just doesn't even phase them. Feels like when you punch underwater, there's just no power. And I just get angrier and angrier. I usually wake up pissed!

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.

Its your spirit telling you you need to practice clearing malfs more.And you need to clean your gun also.:D

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Get something that will never require a de cock to re engage....or anything that has a manual safety....get it down to point and click, maybe the dreams will get better

It worked for me....I carried Ruger P 90 and Taurus Millineum Pro...had problems with gadgets

Same with any thing that don't point and shoot

Just 1 Dawgs facts tho

don't need to decock to re-engage, da/sa. probably just something i reverted to in dream land.

KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans

(probably shouldve done a multi-quote.) feel you on the lack of situational experience and +1 to Pangris' analysis.
    as far as physical functionality, all systems go.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    This is crazy, I thought I was the only one...

I always get the heavy trigger dream. Occasionally I get the one where you have no power behind your punches and kicks. Another is not being able to run fast. It's so aggravating :mad:

Top Bottom