Drunk driver killed 6 maybe 7th tonight... UPDATE well he killed #7

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I've thought that the law will always have a lot of slack in DUI's b/c so many people involved in making the laws are DUI'n. Noone wants to be next.

OTOH the DUI law is much tougher now than when I grew up. Thinkin when I was 21 it was a 125.00 fine and no jail, but noone got that ...they were always dropped to reckless and 75.00. NObody went to jail over it though.

Better now. I really have no patience with driving drunk. A guy flipped his pickup last week missed a curve coming at me . He was flying and I was doing 60. I got stopped in time he went upended into ditch. While I was walking to the truck he was climbing out the passenger window with a 12 pack. He wasn't hurt and he was alone. Started running his mouth so I left him there.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I am in Ky so can't follow this first hand, but a friend told me WAFB asked the DA in E Feliciana about it, and when he waffled on the answer, presented him with what happened and the DA did not look good.

Apparently, MAAD is on the case.

Here in Ky, a retired trooper tells me that it is treated as a homicide regardless of whether the driver at fault was impaired or not.
    :ohreally:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    2 "expunged" DUI's, then another one, this one makes his 4th. Some speculate it may actually be his 5th.

Kill him today! Bankrupt every judge and attorney that had anything to do with his priors, set aside said monies for victims families.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Prayers for the family....this is absolutely a nightmare for anyone...horrible actually.....this a$$hole needs to be executed..No reason for this to be happening..the system has FAILED this family..

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Prayers for the family....this is absolutely a nightmare for anyone...horrible actually.....this a$$hole needs to be executed..No reason for this to be happening..the system has FAILED this family..

I found out his full name today. Brett Gaston Gerald. Interesting.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ok gotcha. Not being from the BR area originally I didn't get the connection.....I thought we in the NOLA area had the only crooks in the state back in the 70's and 80's!! Thanks for the information. Someone at work had mentioned this dudes grandfather being a crook but it didn't click till reading your post. Thanks!

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Ok gotcha. Not being from the BR area originally I didn't get the connection.....I thought we in the NOLA area had the only crooks in the state back in the 70's and 80's!! Thanks for the information. Someone at work had mentioned this dudes grandfather being a crook but it didn't click till reading your post. Thanks!

Do a google on Dixie Mafia

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    So apples don't fall far from the plant ??? ( quote from Ziva )

Looks like same ole is trying to carry on.
    Not necessarily, I don't know Brett but I do know his brother really good and from what I can tell they are total opposites. Besides beind kinda goofy but very intelligent he is really a great guy, I am pretty sure he doesn't drink a drop and would do anything in the world for you. As if this family hasent been through enough they might lose the 7th one.... just terrible! I sure hope they make an example out of ole Brett and give the drunks an eye opener.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Not necessarily, I don't know Brett but I do know his brother really good and from what I can tell they are total opposites. Besides beind kinda goofy but very intelligent he is really a great guy, I am pretty sure he doesn't drink a drop and would do anything in the world for you. As if this family hasent been through enough they might lose the 7th one.... just terrible! I sure hope they make an example out of ole Brett and give the drunks an eye opener.
    I know his brother too...via my ham radio club. Great guy dealing with his own personal problems at the moment and then he has to deal with his brother killing a car load of people. Tough for everyone involved.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I understand from a friend of the family that an attorney specializing in high profile DWI cases has been retained.

What sort of defense would be used? Seven persons are dead and he was responsible for the accident. The seven are dead whether he was drunk or not.

Inquiring minds want to know.
    :squint:

Top Bottom