Dumbest thing heard in a "gun shop"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I walked into Clarks in Bossier City one time; the salesman was helping a lady pick out a pistol as she had just gotten her concealed permit. She was looking at the Kel-tec .32 and she couldn’t understand why it comes in different colors; they had a black and a blue one. Sensing the salesman’s frustration, I walked over and said, “It’s simple. One is for formal and one is for casual.” The lady replied, “Then I really need to buy two guns?” Then she proceeded to buy both pistols. I damn near bit my tongue off!

cookiemonster

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Vidalia, La
    "You got clips for dat HiPernt fo' nickels?"
    "We've got... some, for a few different calibers-- but they cost more than just a few nickels."
    "Word, how much dey cost?"
    "What caliber-- let me see if I have it."
    "Fo' nickels."
    "Fo... What?"
    "Fo' nickels-- that fo'-five, y'heard me?"
    "GTFO of the shop."

Okay, that last line was made up-- but it's what I hoped to hear...

That's funny, I have a new term I can use now. Lol

Pace

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Новый Орлеан.
    I had to share this....

I was in a store in Metairie one time, and the clerk was showing a new LEO recruit (not sure which department, probably JP) the different pistols that were approved for duty. He picked up a glock, and showed it to her. When she handed it back to him, he racked the slide, stuck his palm directly in front the barrel, and pulled the trigger. :confused: I walked out, don't think I've been back since.

I was browsing at academy one time, and the clerk was showing a mother with her teenage son several different pistols. He pulled out a 1911 and said something inaccurate about it (can't remember what), then he grabbed a glock and proceeded to say that it wasn't a safe gun to have because it didn't have any kind of safety on it.

WOW! 2 funnies in one post! (racked the slide, stuck his palm directly in front the barrel, and pulled the trigger). :noes: Good grief!
    As far as the 1911 platform versus the Glock "safe action", I prefer the 3 internal safeties of the Glock that requires no user intervention. :)

Top Bottom