EAPS June 19 USPSA Match, Gonzales, LA - Stages posted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I have an uber "newbie to what may be my very first comp. shooting match" question.

If this shindig starts at 8:00 and wraps around 1:00, should I pack a lunch? Bring some water in an ice chest? Tell my family I love them and will miss them? Etc.,etc.?
    Lunch or snacks is optional. We don't take a "break" per say, most people pack a light snack or just eat lunch after.

YES to water. It's going to be HOT and there isn't much shade.

And that depends if you really love them and will miss them or not. ;)

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I never bring lunch. I just shoot down the street to Jack n the Box afterward, and make sure I eat breakfast before hand. I've seen many pack a power bar for a snack and such... your call.

Also, I typically go through a freaking gallon of water/gatorade, just about, through the day. Standing in the sun, no shade, occasionally getting the heart rate up for a few seconds... then going back to standing around in the sun. Yea. You need to stay hydrated.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I don't even think about leaving my house for a match without my Camelback and a towel or two, this time of year.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    OK I drink a lot of water in the heat so I will ask. What works best a small roll around ice chest or one of those soft side carry around ones?

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    the distance walked is less than a mile total and from the vehicle is less than 150 yards at any point in time.. it is flat ground.. so bring whatever you feel you can carry.. or store in car for refreshers.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    the distance walked is less than a mile total and from the vehicle is less than 150 yards at any point in time.. it is flat ground.. so bring whatever you feel you can carry.. or store in car for refreshers.

Thanks I was worried that the parking was gonna be a mile away lol. I will bring a small soft side ice chest with 3 or 4 bottles of water and have the big ice chest with more in the truck.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It just hit me that I am going with a gun that has NEVER been shot, gear that has never been
    used, I have NEVER shot from a holster and the only handgun shooting I have done in 2 years is about 200 rounds at 10 yards:eek3:. I may be ahead of myself lol.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    It just hit me that I am going with a gun that has NEVER been shot, gear that has never been
    used, I have NEVER shot from a holster and the only handgun shooting I have done in 2 years is about 200 rounds at 10 yards:eek3:. I may be ahead of myself lol.

There is a first time shooter orientation and we all look out for you.. just listen, and watch... the rules are simple.. dont handle ammo in the area where you can handle the gun and dont handle the gun where you load the ammo.... only load when a range officer is watching and take your time to be safe... we dont give a rats ass how fast you go as long as you are safe..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom