Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Good news, they are shipping MONDAY, not in 3-4 weeks. Todd, BamBam, somebody, I'm gunna need help.

They told me Friday. I am waiting for more information to see if they are matching, if all Arabic marked, Arabic marked rear sight leaf. That will be the big deciding factor for me.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Got one. Should have done two but...

So does anyone have the proper tools to build these in the Slidell area? Maybe we could get together and build. I have never done an AK kit build. So I would love to learn.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Please excuse my AK ignorance but is there a certain type of receiver and barrel for this type of kit for it to be more correct looking or not really matter ? And if so where would you fine gents recomend purchasing from? I've owned and own several cheap AK's all ugly and like em but really wanna love this one and make it all purdy like some I've been seeing around here alot.
    images

I asked #1bambam that last night and he said they are standard kits that used standard receivers and barrels. Cope's has a US made ESS non-chrome barrel for $60. A standard flat can be used or a NoDak Spud receiver.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They told me Friday. I am waiting for more information to see if they are matching, if all Arabic marked, Arabic marked rear sight leaf. That will be the big deciding factor for me.

I'm with this guy. I'm sure they will be sold out by the time the info comes available, but such is the curse of being an AK snob.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Whats going rate for assembly of one of these provided you supply all the parts needed? Just curious because I don't plan on buying all the tools for one but I'd like to have something not assembled by century.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I asked #1bambam that last night and he said they are standard kits that used standard receivers and barrels. Cope's has a US made ESS non-chrome barrel for $60. A standard flat can be used or a NoDak Spud receiver.

hey jason (or anyone else who knows) what barrel/rec combination would you get if you were building one? Is the cost diff for the chrome barrel worth it in your opinion? I may not assemble all of mine right now but I'd like to go ahead and get all the right stuff for when I do.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    So when is the build party.... I only ordered 5, I might need some help. I figure one for me, my wife, my son and a couple back up for future children if accidents happen.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    hey jason (or anyone else who knows) what barrel/rec combination would you get if you were building one? Is the cost diff for the chrome barrel worth it in your opinion? I may not assemble all of mine right now but I'd like to go ahead and get all the right stuff for when I do.

NDS receiver, and I'd get a Romanian barrel from Apex.

Ya'll suck, I just ordered 2 (I SO did NOT need!)

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i told them i wanted 2 definitely and maybe a third down the line so they put me down for 3 and said i could cancel one or all of them at any time. im interested in a build party too if anyone wants to host one. i could compensate them with ammo, beer and/or a few mags or any combination thereof

whats the significance of the arabic markings? novelty? rarity? equivalent to circle 10 or something?

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    i told them i wanted 2 definitely and maybe a third down the line so they put me down for 3 and said i could cancel one or all of them at any time. im interested in a build party too if anyone wants to host one. i could compensate them with ammo, beer and/or a few mags or any combination thereof

whats the significance of the arabic markings? novelty? rarity? equivalent to circle 10 or something?

Here is the one I built last year with a kit from Apex. Everything was Arabic marked except the bolt and bolt carrier. They were non matching kits also.
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?60073-My-Egyptian

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I dunno, I guess I am not a snob. The side folder is $200 by itself, and I always wanted a AK with side folder, now I will have 5..... I'll either have to cast 7.62 bullets or figure out how to make and sell something made from leather for an AK. Maybe I will have to make leather slings....like I have so much extra time.

Top Bottom