Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Im guessing there HAVE to be more than 100 kits on their way to the US, they had a pre-order of 100. But description says they will sell after that for $219 so thats only a $20 difference over at Cope's.

Keepshooting claims they will also get kits so Im guessing my best bet is wait to see who will get them and at what price, I hope not only Cope's will get their hands on them.

:(

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I would like to know as well..anyone?

I hesitate to post that publicly as I do not know if #1bambam wants that done. You can contact him for the prices for his services.

hey jason (or anyone else who knows) what barrel/rec combination would you get if you were building one? Is the cost diff for the chrome barrel worth it in your opinion? I may not assemble all of mine right now but I'd like to go ahead and get all the right stuff for when I do.

#1bambam said they are standard as far as fitment so any barrel being sold for the crop of Romanian kits will be fine. I might go with one of the US made non-chrome ones from Cope's for $60. Chrome is only really needed if you shoot corrosive ammo and don't clean it right away. It also makes cleaning up a little easier but I'm not concerned with either of those things. Any new barrel will need to be fit/cut for the kit it is going into and #1bambam can do that.

So when is the build party.... I only ordered 5, I might need some help. I figure one for me, my wife, my son and a couple back up for future children if accidents happen.

That's up to the guys with the tools. I'd like to do another party at #1bambam's because I like to do at least something to the kit just for personal pride.

single hook or double hook compliance FCG?

That depends on the receiver you use but most will be single hook and I think a single hook will work in either receiver.

whats the significance of the arabic markings? novelty? rarity? equivalent to circle 10 or something?

I think it's just a cool factor.

I dunno, I guess I am not a snob. The side folder is $200 by itself, and I always wanted a AK with side folder, now I will have 5..... I'll either have to cast 7.62 bullets or figure out how to make and sell something made from leather for an AK. Maybe I will have to make leather slings....like I have so much extra time.

Casting the bullets is not the problem. It's that you have to put gas checks on each one. With the price of new ammo around $200/1k it probably doesn't make sense to reload that caliber unless you have some specific needs.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Im guessing there HAVE to be more than 100 kits on their way to the US, they had a pre-order of 100. But description says they will sell after that for $219 so thats only a $20 difference over at Cope's.

Keepshooting claims they will also get kits so Im guessing my best bet is wait to see who will get them and at what price, I hope not only Cope's will get their hands on them.

:(

They have better pictures at their mdshooters thread.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=1834890

maadi-ak-kit2.jpg

If this doesn't do anything for you you're in the wrong thread.

maadi-ak-kit3.jpg

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Casting the bullets is not the problem. It's that you have to put gas checks on each one. With the price of new ammo around $200/1k it probably doesn't make sense to reload that caliber unless you have some specific needs.

I don't need it for the ammo, oh and I have a gold coating coming that won't need gas checks, trying to figure out how to deduct 5 AK builds... Might do a limited run of AK slings from bridle leather...

Build party would be awesome, or I will see if I can get a bulk deal on the builds.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I don't need it for the ammo, oh and I have a gold coating coming that won't need gas checks, trying to figure out how to deduct 5 AK builds... Might do a limited run of AK slings from bridle leather...

Build party would be awesome, or I will see if I can get a bulk deal on the builds.

Deductions ? Easy, demo units. Can sell your product unless the customer can test drive them.

A romy barrel will work. Apex has some romy take offs. I wouldn't spend a dime on an American made barrel.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    Got 5 was going for 10 to set some back but then i found out more are coming in so no real need. Still a great deal for just the stock! Can't wait to so what others are coming that they are hinting about.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    There seem to be opinions on both sides there. Maybe if enough kits are purchased by BS members we can do a pseudo group buy on Romy barrels.

http://www.cogunsales.com/index.php...-Chrome-Lined-Barrels/flypage.pbv.v1.tpl.html
    It still seem like most people will say the non us barrels are more durable and thats probably where my extra 40 bucks will go. I'd kick myseld for saving 40 and then having to buy twice. What parts on the list for US recomend if not US barrel?

Last edited:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    if guate gets his way and there are 50 more crates being imported then the markets going to be flooded with crutch stocks and these kits. i dont think they will keep their value unless this is the last of them for a while.

at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter noob, which i am when it comes to AK kits, do these have to be made into ak47's or can i get a 74 barrel and call it a day? im not sure what all is different between the two other than the barrels

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    if guate gets his way and there are 50 more crates being imported then the markets going to be flooded with crutch stocks and these kits. i dont think they will keep their value unless this is the last of them for a while.

at the risk of sounding like a complete and utter noob, which i am when it comes to AK kits, do these have to be made into ak47's or can i get a 74 barrel and call it a day? im not sure what all is different between the two other than the barrels

No, the 47 kit cannot be made into a 74. If you want a 74 kit they also have a per order on those. Apex has kits with plum furniture.
    http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=184300

Here are some plum kits also.
    http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=184280

Last edited:

Xenon

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Metairie
    I'm sure interested in this if people will be assembling where I can watch and participate. Otherwise I'll have a bog o parts as I know nothing about Ak's

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    There seem to be opinions on both sides there. Maybe if enough kits are purchased by BS members we can do a pseudo group buy on Romy barrels.

http://www.cogunsales.com/index.php...-Chrome-Lined-Barrels/flypage.pbv.v1.tpl.html

I'm a player for this deal. Anyone else wants in post here or PM me.

3 - me
    1 - SGT_Kramer (PAID / PICKED UP)
    2 - stag0608 (PAID / MAILED)
    1 - bs875 (PAID / PICKED UP)
    1 - ppland (PAID / MAILED)
    4 - rockmup (PAID / PICKED UP)
    1 - oscar615 (PAID / PICKED UP)
    2 - rssxy
    1 - Poweboy

1 - Rakkasan (PAID / MAILED)
    1 - VeedUp (PAID / MAILED)
    2 - hunterjwm (PAID / PICKED UP)

that's 16, plus the 4 I'll try to add Monday. I've sent an inquiry about getting more than 10, and those will be discounted at the same price as the first ones.

THE BARRELS HAVE BEEN ORDERED. I'M TOLD THEY WILL SHIP MONDAY AROUND 2:00 PM MOUNTAIN TIME. IF YOU HAVEN'T SPOKEN UP YET AND STILL WANT ONE, I MAY STILL BE ABLE TO ADD TO THE ORDER, BUT NO PROMISES.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom