Eighth-grader shot in head following argument.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    He does about as good as you can expect a politician to. Which is saying a lot compared to his predecessor and a certain US senator.

Look at Oklahoma, I think medical professional make a boatload of money there.

Yeah, I don't know a lot about LA's politicians except historically, but that one from my area, I am not a fan of...

I'm not really looking for a boat-load of cash, but a good place to live. I am pretty settled on Fayettville,AR. Check out the level of education, demographics, and scenary and the 5% unemployment and I think it looks pretty nice!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fayetteville,_Arkansas

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Asheville, NC is nice too.

I was there a few weeks ago, and yes, it is. The two towns looked almost identical to me, with Asheville being slightly larger. My reason for liking Fayetteville is that it is smaller, land should be easier to procure, and I have 2 very good friends that have already moved there and love it/plan on staying there permanently. I don't know anyone in Asheville.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    A 15 year old 8th grader.

With gang affiliations, of course....

Just your typical, all-American boy. Probably an Eagle Scout Candidate. The type of kid I run into everyday where I live, for sure. :)

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I had a patient who moved here from Illinois and said there was a night and day difference between Louisiana and Illinois. She said people here are friendly and happy. And there are jobs and opportunities unlike Illinois. (her words)

All it takes is to travel anywhere between FL and TX and you'll find a friendlier, polite type of like minded people who make urban types up here seem worse. The best squad I shot with was in MS for ICORE in '09 and never appreciated the memory as much as I do now. Our business is on the far northside of Chicago, and I hate it a little more every day I go to work, not because of the business but because of the people in the area. If you start a conversation about firearms in this area people look at you like a criminal. Tell them you like how your Grandfather used to cook squirrel and they call PETA on you. A person needs to live where they belong and after 40 years I know I don't belong here.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Man, your right about the hijack BUT JWG223, I'm not retired yet, maybe in about 12 years if I'm lucky. My two kids are 16 and 13 and doing extremely well in their respective grades and quite happy with the activities available to them both in and out of school. I drive 29 miles to go into BR to work. I don't know what your medical profession is but all that I know here in this area seem happy with what they are doing and have never heard any of them complain about their jobs. If your single or have a significant other w/o kids, the world is open and you don't have to worry about schools and things like that and I would suggest looking south. Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck in your move. Ascension has been great for us and many other will say the same about Livingston parish also. Things down here are absolutely different from the norther part of the state. I have some friends that are from your area and live in St. Tammany and will never go back north...they absolutely love it down here. Anyway, I've blabbed plenty....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    All it takes is to travel anywhere between FL and TX and you'll find a friendlier, polite type of like minded people who make urban types up here seem worse. The best squad I shot with was in MS for ICORE in '09 and never appreciated the memory as much as I do now. Our business is on the far northside of Chicago, and I hate it a little more every day I go to work, not because of the business but because of the people in the area. If you start a conversation about firearms in this area people look at you like a criminal. Tell them you like how your Grandfather used to cook squirrel and they call PETA on you. A person needs to live where they belong and after 40 years I know I don't belong here.

You won't have those problems down here; you'll be among friends.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

+1

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Man, your right about the hijack BUT JWG223, I'm not retired yet, maybe in about 12 years if I'm lucky. My two kids are 16 and 13 and doing extremely well in their respective grades and quite happy with the activities available to them both in and out of school. I drive 29 miles to go into BR to work. I don't know what your medical profession is but all that I know here in this area seem happy with what they are doing and have never heard any of them complain about their jobs. If your single or have a significant other w/o kids, the world is open and you don't have to worry about schools and things like that and I would suggest looking south. Whatever you decide to do I wish you luck in your move. Ascension has been great for us and many other will say the same about Livingston parish also. Things down here are absolutely different from the norther part of the state. I have some friends that are from your area and live in St. Tammany and will never go back north...they absolutely love it down here. Anyway, I've blabbed plenty....

Fair enough. I will be down in BR in a few months hopefully and check it out (again). Still, northern AR is my plan.
    Why is the northern part of LA so shitty? I mean, I know all the factors, but why is the southern part any better? I would think the southern part would actually be worse.

Last edited:

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    You won't have those problems down here; you'll be among friends.

Now you see that, Oleheat, that's what I mean, your post is the kind of welcome that few people up here look for but when they find it, there goes another "damn yankee" moving. I don't know how many people you know that came from above the Mason/Dixon line, but you have to give them credit for seeing the light.

I was just in my local gun shop showing off the new BS knife and one guy asked me why Bayou Shooter? We got into a long conversation about the difference in people (and food.) and how I'd move today. They all get it and one guy offered to drive.

had I have known 15 years ago, I'd have moved without a blink. Now I have to convince the wife.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom