Escape from CA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Welcome!
    I've never been to Kali, and was well on my way of completing my mission of living my entire life with never having set foot on the left coast, until my work decides I need to go to school just outside of LA. :doh: :D As far as training goes, search VATA on here. They're local too!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Welcome aboard, Steven! Glad you found your way over- and to the BS!

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Congrats! I escaped from CA about 11 years ago after a 10 year sentence. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

Hum...11 years ago. Is that because on 01/01/2000, CA completely banned all ARs? I still remember how I was pounding my chest for not be able to get enough money to buy an AR-15 before the deadline. As I remember it was $500 back 1992 when I arrived to the U.S. and $1500 for an AR-15 in December 1999.

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the escape. I did 2yrs hard time in San Diego a couple decades ago. Hope you made it here relatively unscathed. I didn't.

Everyone here usually jumps at the chance to answer some questions, but in the meantime, do some reading and get a feel for the place. There's tons of good info already posted....

Thanks for the advice. I will take time to search the forum for answers instead of just pop up a question which has been answered millions of time already. Actually quite enjoy just read different posts for some good information and education.

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Welcome, I left the OC about four years ago and I am NEVER going back. :)

you are going to love BS.

The only bad thing is your start to lose friends, lose sleep, fight with your wife, lose money. Alot of the commmon problems accociated with heavy drug use.

be careful and good luck,

Joker

OC is better than L.A., at least you can still have possibility to obtain a conceal carry permit which is impossible in L.A.

Start to lose friends...maybe...but also start to gain friends here :)
    lose sleep...no difference...wherever I go...I always lose sleep.
    fight with wife...well I'm lucky on that...I'm still single and ended a relationship about a year ago...I'm free to move...and hope to find a pretty chick like to shoot as well :D
    lose money...definitely yes...because will spend a lot of money here on tons of stuffs that I can't buy in CA...like true AR-15, AK-47, Galil, FN FAL,...:D to do my share to stimulate economy.
    Drug use...:confused:...never done that back in CA, and won't do that here as well...don't want to be self-destructive and have my guns taken away.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Congrats on you're parole. You may find adjusting to normal life difficult at first but if you hang tough and stay focused you will realize the error in you're previous choices in life. We are all here to help in you're rehabiltation. If you ever find yourself missing the passiveness life style of all the broke hippies in you're previous cell block all you need to do is take a trip to the nearest gun range and all will be forgotten. Most importantly, rehab is a day by day process but soon normality will feel.........well it will just feel normal;)

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Bienvenu,

Take your time, slow down, be very polite, make "small talk" with those you meet during your day. You will be rewarded in many ways.

If you behave and treat police with some respect, you won't have any trouble.

The only firearm problem we have seen lately is that our laws and constitution allow for open carry of loaded firearms in most (not all) places and some of our politicians and police can't seem to accept this. Therefore, most of us are very careful when we exercise this RIGHT.

Welcome to the DEEP South; "Dixie" !

leVieux

Thanks for the advice. I respect police officer. I got some tactical training from police officers in CA and some of those training instructors are very friendly. Actually I've already rewarded for my good behavior. I was pulled over by a Slidell motorcycle police officer for not having brake sticker (right spelling???) on my car. I explained to him politely that I just moved from CA, got my LA driver's license and registered my car but no one in Slidell DMV told me that I need a tag...maybe my car just got inspected when renewed registration back in CA??? I don't know. I asked him where I can get the inspection done so that I can be in compliance with the law. He told me couple of places and let me go without a ticket after verified my info over his radio. I went to get my car inspected and the sticker right away.

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    i was stationed in San Diego for a couple years not so long ago. I went to L.A. frequently to visit a girl i was seeing out there. some of the craziest things(outside of mardi gras) I saw on the streets of L.A.

Stationed in San Diego...Miramar or Pendellton? Miramar Airshow is my favorite back in CA.
    Craziest things on streets if L.A.??? You are talk about gay parade in West Hollywood, or street fight in East L.A. or riots in downtown L.A. after Laker won games? Luckily never been in any of those events back in CA.

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Welcome!
    I've never been to Kali, and was well on my way of completing my mission of living my entire life with never having set foot on the left coast, until my work decides I need to go to school just outside of LA. :doh: :D As far as training goes, search VATA on here. They're local too!
    Thanks for the tip on training...definitely will check out VATA.

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Congrats on you're parole. You may find adjusting to normal life difficult at first but if you hang tough and stay focused you will realize the error in you're previous choices in life. We are all here to help in you're rehabiltation. If you ever find yourself missing the passiveness life style of all the broke hippies in you're previous cell block all you need to do is take a trip to the nearest gun range and all will be forgotten. Most importantly, rehab is a day by day process but soon normality will feel.........well it will just feel normal;)

I've already started rehab and went to Slidell show last month to find out how I was mistreated and ripped off back in CA for reduced capacity mag and phony AR with pin hole push mag release while the people in great states like this and TX are treated fairly well with standard mag and true AR. Will go to Kenner 03/20 to get more rehab time. :D

Escape from CA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    Where are you originally from?

China...Red China. Seems like I keep escaping from red state. Or is that because I came to CA then CA becomes red???:rolleyes: But when I was born in China, China is already red. Most likely, when I arrived in CA in 1992, CA is already red. Not my fault I guess ;) Hopefully, I don't have to escape again.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Welcome to Louisiana. We are a little more laid back around here. I have met quite a few people from China and all have been really nice people. What brought you to Slidell from L.A.?

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    China...Red China. Seems like I keep escaping from red state. Or is that because I came to CA then CA becomes red???:rolleyes: But when I was born in China, China is already red. Most likely, when I arrived in CA in 1992, CA is already red. Not my fault I guess ;) Hopefully, I don't have to escape again.

Yes, it was Red when you got there.

Im also an import from Calif. N.Calif though. The good half

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    squidnutz06
    Top Bottom