Explosion at the Boston Marathon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Approximate locations of detonations.

boston-explosion-1.png

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Seeing lots of lower leg injuries. Seems like it is most likely a street level bomb. Suitcase/Bag etc.

At the moment, the reports are stating it was a bomb contained in a backpack with ball bearings/shot. Supposedly, Federal LEO have a suspect in custody at the hospital; supposedly he (she?) was injured in one of the blasts. This person is also supposedly on video placing the backpacks.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Police have video of a man bringing multiple backpacks to scene of explosions and are asking for anyone with additional video to come forward....

(what Capt said)

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Police have video of a man bringing multiple backpacks to scene of explosions and are asking for anyone with additional video to come forward....

(what Capt said)

Links?

Man... for guys with a medical background, is an injury like what that poor dude had even survivable? How long would he have before he bled out without immediate attention?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    This is an incident where EMTs and first responders were on hand in the near-immediate vicinity. I'm sure they had plenty of EMTs on hand to take care of people who pushed themselves too hard, dehydrated, overheated, etc. In the same vein, I've seen a couple pictures where plains-clothes people were the ones administering first aid.

What would/could you personally do if something like this happened and first responders weren't on hand? What if you're badly wounded, a loved one is, and you're not high-enough on the triage-priority list to get attention yet. Do you want to be a 'compromise' wounded-person?

Not to be the nutty prepper, but as shock and remorse passes, my next thoughts go to "what if I was there?" and medical training is about all you got. You can't shoot your guns at that enemy. There's no caliber that solves that emergency threat to life. Even James Yeager, famed for his brash aggressive nature and loquaciousness of violence has often declared vehemently that you're far, far more likely to ever save a life with a med kit than you ever will with a gun. Here's a good example of how that could be true.

pecka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    Montz
    Theres not a drop of blood on the ground under him or behind him. Must have gotten immediate help. Hes VERY lucky to have made it that far. I pray for him, others like him and the people working on them.

Top Bottom