Facilities at sherburne?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Seeing this thread depressed me. Due to the rising cost of ammunition as well as the lack of availability, I have not been to Sherburne in over a year. :( If I am going to shoot it, I replace it beforehand versus trying to find it afterward.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Weekdays your normally have the range to yourself...maybe one or two other people. Weekends there are normally three or four other guys out there.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    They are posting the range is closed July 6th-10th, so I would call before going this week to check if open. Hate to see you waste a trip.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    I was there Monday. The rifle range is closed. They are redoing the forms. They were letting rifles shoot on the pistol range. But only had two target stands there. The rest had been shoot to hell over the weekend.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was going to head out Thursday but work schedule changed, glad I didn't go. Heading over sometime this weekend with father in law. I'm anxious to see what changes they've made.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My son, wife and I were planning on going this morning when I got home from work. My wife called just to double check before driving all the way out there and both the rifle range and pistol ranges are closed till Tuesday. The guy recommended calling first in case something is not finished.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    The range is open I was out there on Monday. They poured some concrete sidewalks at 25, 50, and 100yds with holes to put the target posts in. I didn't look at the pistol range.

Hatch, Unfortunately it's not for sale but my dad has a type 38 Arisaka that my grandpa brought back that's a real dandy. It was made well before the war and clearly never saw much if any action.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom