Fantasy Sniper Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    No, you're right, but it comes with the advanced ballistics calculator that does the work for you
    :D

A ballistic calc. will crunch the math but it won't call the wind or shoot the rifle for you. That gun may be up to par to do it, but I don't have the skill yet to shoot 1/2moa at 600yds consistently much less 1760 and further! At 1800yds 1/2 moa is 9.5".

My dream rifle is still a M200 Intervention .408ct though. Pretty much what the op is. All my others I either have or are being built right now.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Ritten is out with a Black Ops unit trying out some super secret prototype long range rifle equipment, he cant talk about it or post or he will have to , ,,,, well you know, all I know is the projectiles are not affected by gravity or the earth's magnetism, he'll be back with us shortly

Man!! Don't say crap like that! You know I wasn't good enough to qualify for Longrange's (Plinky's) team of super secret covert ops team! Granted, that may have been the description of the rifle that he gave, but it ended up being a Weatherby Vanguard in .270......with a BSA scope.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Charlie113 stop watching movies with Marky-Mark posing as a sniper.

:mamoru:

wahlberg.jpg

Last edited:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    A ballistic calc. will crunch the math but it won't call the wind or shoot the rifle for you. That gun may be up to par to do it, but I don't have the skill yet to shoot 1/2moa at 600yds consistently much less 1760 and further! At 1800yds 1/2 moa is 9.5".

My dream rifle is still a M200 Intervention .408ct though. Pretty much what the op is. All my others I either have or are being built right now.
    I hate to drag things off topic,buuttt..
    Speaking of ballistic calculators, what is the best I phone app calculator?

sealthedeal

charliepapa jr.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    At 1800yds 1/2 moa is 9.5". ++1

yeah i was originally thinking about the M200 but i called the Manager of Sales for Cheytac/THOR and he said that most people that buy an M200 come back asking for the M60 bi-pod like on the XM so that's what i posted, but I'll take either:D

I'm a Cheytac dealer. Just saying ;)

No Fair +++1 :bowdown:

Last edited:

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    BASTARD!! I was much better off not knowing that! So....where's the demo?

I had a buddy with the 256 who has repeatedly depoohed. Himmand two other guys bought them. There three covered my stocking dealer buyin.

They are nice but I would do a custom build everytime when spending that much cash on a rifle.

Later

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2011
    Geez...there is so much wrong in this thread...

First off Cheytac and Thor are 2 different companies so you couldnt have called and talked to manager of Cheytac/Thor.

Second off Cheytac is financially restructing for the half dozenth time and really not expected to come out of this one.

Third off the Thor 408 is produced by EDM Arms exclusively for Knesek Guns and hence named Thor.

Forth off the 408CT cartridge itself has been surpassed for about 5 years now lol. The 375/408 (commonly known as the 375 Cheytac BUT in reality Cheytac had nothing to do with its conception--its just something else they put their name on..sorta like the M200 being it was designed and built by EDM Arms that Cheytac took for their own).

Fifth..The 375/408 has been surpassed for about 13 months now and that is by cartridge I been working on for about 3 years :)

There are LOTS of differences between the XM and the Cheytac M200 produced by Becker or the original batch produced by EDM Arms....ALL DIFFERENT ever so slightly..biggest difference that cannot be seen is the barrels. All barrels for either 408 or 375 or any cartridge shooting solid projectiles are not the same. It actually depends on what projectile you intend to shoot and make sure the barrel you have can obtain best results from that projectile.

Thanks

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom