final interview for st charles parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Once you're on the road please don't pull me over on river road (hwy 18) from the bridge to ADM grain elevator. I make that drive everyday I go to work. Just joking with you, but congrats on getting the job.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    St Charles Parish
    I am very pleased to hear of you getting the job here in St. Charles Parish. I hope you stay as one of the good guys. If you are wondering why I said it like that... There are a few officers in St Charles parish that has pissed off more than enough people with tough guy above the law attitudes. Though 90% of the department is respected with high regards, its those few that have caused some distrust between citizens and peace officers.

A fine example is this..

An St Charles parish officer went in to a store one day bragging about "I had a punk kid get lippy with me, so I roughed him up and showed him who was boss.".

Another has to do with me.....

I was going hunting one morning and stopped at the Country Corner to fill up and get some ice. Before i left the house, I had my hand gun holstered on my side as I open carry when going hunting. I went in to the store, grabbed 2 bags of ice and stood in line. The officer walked up to me and asked...

officer: Who do you work for?
    me: excuse me?
    officer: you don't need to be carrying that if you're not law enforcement
    me: I am going hunting and this is an open carry state as well as a firearm friendly location, I will pay for my ice and be on my way.
    officer: Now you're disturbing the peace
    me: officer, with all due respect... I am not disturbing anyone. No one has said anything except you, now please let me pay for my items and be on my way.

The officer then stepped back and I proceeded to check out. After check out, I went outside and the officer followed me.

officer: I am just making sure you are leaving
    me: I am sorry if you are offended in any way.
    officer: I am not offended, others are
    me: ok, I am sorry I offended people. But I do open carry when I go hunting and it is legal to do so. Now please let me be on my way.
    Officer: I know its legal, but I will arrest you for disturbing the peace and let the courts figure it out.

I just ignored him at that point, got in my SUV and proceeded to go hunting. I thought about contacting Greg over it, but I honestly don't think Greg would have done anything about it. I did let a few close friends on the force know what happened.

And again, I am very supportive of law enforcement.... But there are some out there such as the guy described above that I can't be supportive of. Congrats on the new job and I hope you enjoy it.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am very pleased to hear of you getting the job here in St. Charles Parish. I hope you stay as one of the good guys. If you are wondering why I said it like that... There are a few officers in St Charles parish that has pissed off more than enough people with tough guy above the law attitudes. Though 90% of the department is respected with high regards, its those few that have caused some distrust between citizens and peace officers.

A fine example is this..

An St Charles parish officer went in to a store one day bragging about "I had a punk kid get lippy with me, so I roughed him up and showed him who was boss.".

I was going hunting one morning and stopped at the Country Corner to fill up and get some ice. Before i left the house, I had my hand gun holstered on my side as I open carry when going hunting. I went in to the store, grabbed 2 bags of ice and stood in line. The officer walked up to me and asked...

me: I am going hunting and this is an open carry state as well as a firearm friendly location, I will pay for my ice and be on my way.
    me: officer, with all due respect... I am not disturbing anyone. No one has said anything except you, now please let me pay for my items and be on my way.

The officer then stepped back and I proceeded to check out. After check out, I went outside and the officer followed me.

me: ok, I am sorry I offended people. But I do open carry when I go hunting and it is legal to do so. Now please let me be on my way.
    Officer: I know its legal, but I will arrest you for disturbing the peace and let the courts figure it out.

I just ignored him at that point, got in my SUV and proceeded to go hunting. I thought about contacting Greg over it, but I honestly don't think Greg would have done anything about it. I did let a few close friends on the force know what happened.

And again, I am very supportive of law enforcement.... But there are some out there such as the guy described above that I can't be supportive of. Congrats on the new job and I hope you enjoy it.

251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Talking to Greg has no effect. Our PD has had some really big F ups as of late. I’ve even asked him repeatedly via Email to say yay or nay to the "Louisiana Preservation of Individual Gun Rights of Citizens Act"Nothing back.
    Recently he has defended his deputies even when they do some really far out crap (as is you’re case). We have a really low average age of patrol officers, and I think that is causing the "I’m super cop" vs "Protect and Serve" disconnect.

He has really pushed this unmarked/reg clothes patrols and traffic enforcement the past year too. Even with a string of robberies happening by a guy who used a black SUV and blue light to pull over women. And cops who aren’t in uniform seem to be more *macho* than normal. We do have many really good young cops though, I’ve seen many in action and they are top notch, it is a shame the other few make the department appear in a negative way.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA

A fine example is this..

You sir were a few moments away from a free motorcycle

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

A fine example is this..

I'm pretty sure that's not how the dialogue went since nobody ever talks that way. You may have been wronged or it's quite possible the Deputy was responding to the complaint of another citizen. Who's Greg?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

A fine example is this..

Or were you looking for an opportunity to push your MEM-worshipping, thinly veiled anti-cop, God-given right to open carry agenda?

Top Bottom