fitness for police

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Where can I find good info on starting a better diet? Just the word makes me cringe. I'm a Cajun boy that loves some rice and gravy! I try and start eating healthier, but I don't ever know where to start and just end up giving up within a week. Even reading the back of the boxes is like looking at chinese.

Well like everything in life, it takes hard work. Fitness in today's world is indeed tough, the temptation and enablers are IN YOUR FACE with 36 foot long Hamburgers on Billboard signs. So it's tough and it requires knowledge. You have to educate yourself on HOW your diet affects your body. Learn WHAT bad foods actually do to the body when you consume them.

So it takes a lot of reading and researching to build up a good knowledge base on Diet and the Body.

You should also look here in the fitness section of this forum. Man, there is LOADS of info here. Even success stories of some of our own members.

Starting to live fit ALONE, sucks and is hard. Having a friend/teammate dramatically increases your chances of success.

You know what to do, most all of us KNOW what to do, but knowledge without wisdom is useless. Wisdom is not only knowing what to do, but having the mind power to be convinced that you have to.

Start off setting small goals like 'All water days'. Make Monday and Thursday your all water days where you don't drink Soda's or sweet tea or anything but water when you are thirsty. Then move on to giving up Soda for 30 days. Then maybe Half & Half Sweet Tea, then even less sugar than half & half. Stop eating food after 7:00p.m. WRITE THESE THINGS DOWN so you can see them. Post it on the FRIDGE so others will see them too and hold you accountable. Even if they might act like Hypocrites, so what, let them hold you accountable and then one day you'll thank them and they'll come to you and ask for help too.

If you jack it up on the weekend with Rice & Gravy and Gumbo, START OVER MONDAY! Heck start over the next morning, just don't give up on yourself. If Tuesday you forgot to bring your Chicken breast and Salad to work and you have to go to a Fast Food joint to eat Do it! Just don't get the damn Baconator lol BUT! If you MUST get it, drop the fries and soda and just eat the Burger. No matter what others may think, you made a good decision in a better direction. If you feel extra confident, get a garden salad and a mini Frosty. Still would a better choice than a Large Baconator with large fries and 32 oz of High Fructose Corn Syrup.

This is the problem with most of our Fitness changes. We want to GO BIG NOW! and most times we do only to return to a depressed unfit state of being now with failure on our mind.

"Rome wasn't built in a day" and that's just a simple fact of life. Make small goals and long term goals but write them down, keep up with them and don't stop making these goals. Don't let them get away from you.

Also there are some really good documentaries lately that will educate you on how your body process food.

One of the best one’s I have seen is > http://www.hungryforchange.tv/

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    But McDonalds is free when in uniform. :dunno:.... what I did, not the healthiest, NO carbs or fat AT ALL. Dropped a pound a day. After losing the weight (40 pounds for me), it gets you more motivated to move around more. After awhile, the junk food in the house won't be as tempting. It's hard at first but well worth the results. I'm lazy by nature, so not eating was just something else I didn't have to do.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    But McDonalds is free when in uniform. :dunno:.... what I did, not the healthiest, NO carbs or fat AT ALL. Dropped a pound a day. After losing the weight (40 pounds for me), it gets you more motivated to move around more. After awhile, the junk food in the house won't be as tempting. It's hard at first but well worth the results. I'm lazy by nature, so not eating was just something else I didn't have to do.

:mamoru: :hi5:

The thing about extreme dieting and the *WARNINGS* thereof, USUALLY are written in such a way that they are talking about folks who are 5-10 lbs overweight. So Dropping carbs & fat with only several pounds to lose could be harmful.

However now days, most folks are trying to lose 25-50+ lbs. So those same warnings about dropping carbs and fat for smaller folks, don't exactly apply in the same manner. Larger folks, have more to burn. Simple.

IMHO. If it works, it freaking works. It's your body, you know it and you own it. Sometimes it takes us to make extreme measures to get us off the couch and active again.

Good for you on the 40 lbs though! Congratulations!

Top Bottom