Flat top

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The model is carbon 16. OOPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was responding to this blanket statement by your buddy...which was proven wrong. He seems to be wrong frequently. Read the whole thread......LOL

DPMS doesn't make ANY "Panther" model rifles. The actual company is named DPMS Panther Arms.

You most likely have an Oracle, and it uses carbine length hand guards.

DPMS does indeed make a Pather carbine. http://www.dpmsinc.com/PANTHER-CARBINE-16-RFA3_ep_212-1.html. If this is the rifle you have it takes a carbine length handguard.

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I was responding to this blanket statement by your buddy...which was proven wrong. He seems to be wrong frequently. Read the whole thread......LOL

Good God your reading comprehension is awful.

Dpms Panther is the brand. Not dpms. Not Panther. Dpms Panther. Two words. One title.

Carbon 16 is the model. He is correct In saying there is no Panther model.
    If you're gonna call someone out, know what you're talking about first.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Dpms Panther is the brand. Not dpms. Not Panther. Dpms Panther. Two words. One title.

Ok, I see the error of my way. I was wrong on the Panther model deal.....LOL.

And I freakin own an DPMS Oracle. Bought it at Cabelas. Good grief. I was wrong.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was wrong.

56438302.jpg

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You are officially the new Whitebread.

You are still the same ole douche. Who happens to be 1/2 right 3/4 of the time. As mentioned the manufacture is dpms panther. Theirs a big ole panther on the box and in their logo. Model is an oracal. Also known as their optics ready carbine.

It seems to me you enjoy getting into these mindless pissing contest. Personally I think the problem is you feel you are the smartest man in any room but maybe thats only the case because everyone got tired of talking to you and went outside. Notice the things I argue about typically are less trivial. And notice I knew the answer to the op's question and also knew he was slightly inaccurate in the model but overlooked his failures and helped anyways. Food for thought.

Last edited:

Bayou Bubba

Bayou Blaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2015
    Belle Chasse, LA.
    Guys I'm sorry to have asked the question. I was just trying to learn which rail or hand guard I need to get or of it would be simpler to just get a low profile gas block and then it would not matter which one I got.

I am my brothers keeper

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Guys I'm sorry to have asked the question. I was just trying to learn which rail or hand guard I need to get or of it would be simpler to just get a low profile gas block and then it would not matter which one I got.

I am my brothers keeper

I put a drop in on mine but to do it all over I would have free floated it with a low pro. Or swap the the block for an a2 front post and a drop in. That goofy railed block makes back up sights or co-witness sights more expensive.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You are still the same ole douche. Who happens to be 1/2 right 3/4 of the time. As mentioned the manufacture is dpms panther. Theirs a big ole panther on the box and in their logo. Model is an oracal. Also known as their optics ready carbine.

It seems to me you enjoy getting into these mindless pissing contest. Personally I think the problem is you feel you are the smartest man in any room but maybe thats only the case because everyone got tired of talking to you and went outside. Notice the things I argue about typically are less trivial. And notice I knew the answer to the op's question and also knew he was slightly inaccurate in the model but overlooked his failures and helped anyways. Food for thought.

latest

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Looks like a Carbon 16 to me

So is it a Carbon 16 or a Carbine 16?

I know of the Carbon 15

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

I am my brothers keeper

No need for you to apologize whatsoever, you asked an honest question trying to learn. A couple of us just got carried away a bit.

Top Bottom