Followup on Todd Cheek of Tcustoms LLC in Greenwell Springs Louisiana suppressor sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Emperor, I think you have it wrong as far as my input mattering?? I dont know the guy who bought the can at all, and Todd and I do not pay one anothers bills. I said hes my brother not a dependent.. if we shared bills, or were married MAYBE.. but even then the wife and I after 10 years, still have seperate accounts..

I understand! Getting beat up about your business reputation is a rough deal. I just thought you might be able to compel him to act.

No problem if you can't or don't. :hi5:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Followup on Todd Cheek of Tcustoms LLC in Greenwell Springs Louisiana suppres...

mADWAND, Don't feel bad your not alone. He blamed vendors for my build also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    mADWAND, Don't feel bad your not alone. He blamed vendors for my build also.

Bro, it's an AR-15, some of them just don't work no matter what you do. :mamoru:

Seriously though, how did he blame vendors for an upper he put together?

Last edited:

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    This is a forum. You have to join so it's not totally public in my eyes. You have to be here to read it. No different than telling friends and neighbors to avoid xyz business because of xyz.

In my business it is MY responsibility to serve and protect my customers.

Why didn't the dealer pay for the item himself and then charge the customer when it was in his hand? Especially with a highly sought after item as this. No problem selling it.

Next, it can all be solved with the dealer producing the canceled check paid to the supplier and then have a three party conference call between these parties so nothing is misunderstood. No more he said she said. This should have been done months ago so all parties are on the same page.

If all of these unanswered calls were placed then produce you phone records. We had to do that with a customer that claimed we never called her for 3 months. We printed out the call list while she was in our office and showed her we called 13 times in 6 weeks. End of story.

This is very unprofessional on the part of the dealer and he should refund the customer's money and then get his from the supplier if he the dealer did pay them. Don't screw over your customer for $500 because word of mouth can make or brake you and since this has hit the fan I'm sure the dealer has potentially lost more than $500 in future business from members of the forum.

Last edited:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Why didn't the dealer pay for the item himself and then charge the customer when it was in his hand? Especially with a highly sought after item as this. No problem selling it.

This was an item he didn't have in stock and I had him order it for me. I don't have a problem with paying up front for a special order item. He wasn't trying to sell me anything, I approached him, I expect to pay up front.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    How about this . Swallow your pride , call Todd and speak to him in a civil tone . If he owes you money , ask for it . Next time don't muddy the waters by involving the BBB . They are useless .

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    My pride has nothing to do with it. How about this? He just sends my money back to me like he said he would on this forum? The implication that I've spoken to him in anything other than a civil tone is unwarranted. The fact that he told the BBB that he would not return my money speaks volumes.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    BBB is not useless. People (potential customers) check it all the time. Negative reports steer customers away from businesses with bad practices. They won't intervene but those reports will speak volumes.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My pride has nothing to do with it. How about this? He just sends my money back to me like he said he would on this forum? The implication that I've spoken to him in anything other than a civil tone is unwarranted. The fact that he told the BBB that he would not return my money speaks volumes.

That's the spirit!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I never implied that you spoke to him in anything other than a civil tone . My point is that right now you are pissed and it would be real easy for a shouting match to start up . Bitching on a public forum is not going to get your money back . Direct communication is the only way to resolve it . $500 is a lot of money to write off .

What has the BBB done to resolve this matter ? Nothing . Useless . And if you want to check out a business there are other ways that I put more faith in .

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    My goal here was not to get my money back. I knew I would not be getting it when he LIED to everyone in the last forum posting and said he would refund me. He has lied on multiple counts. I wrote off this money about 6 months ago when I never heard from him. If he had actually been swindled by Huntertown Arms as he claims, he would have shown proof of payment to them. He has not done so, which makes him a liar and a thief.

I didn't expect the BBB complaint to get my money back either. There is no point in talking to him, he has said he is not going to refund me. He is hostile to his customers and an unethical businessman as was demonstrated in the last post. My point here was to let people know what they are dealing with. I aired my grievance in the two places I thought would make the most difference.

I already have a can coming from a reputable dealer who is taking the necessary steps to ensure that I get what I paid for. The $500 I lost to an individual working out of his home was a valuable lesson in dealing with amateurs. The $500 he stole from me is not going to break me. If he needs to keep $500 he took from someone and did not earn, then I suppose he needs it more than I do.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    My goal here was not to get my money back. I knew I would not be getting it when he LIED to everyone in the last forum posting and said he would refund me. He has lied on multiple counts. I wrote off this money about 6 months ago when I never heard from him. If he had actually been swindled by Huntertown Arms as he claims, he would have shown proof of payment to them. He has not done so, which makes him a liar and a thief.

I didn't expect the BBB complaint to get my money back either. There is no point in talking to him, he has said he is not going to refund me. He is hostile to his customers and an unethical businessman as was demonstrated in the last post. My point here was to let people know what they are dealing with. I aired my grievance in the two places I thought would make the most difference.

I already have a can coming from a reputable dealer who is taking the necessary steps to ensure that I get what I paid for. The $500 I lost to an individual working out of his home was a valuable lesson in dealing with amateurs. The $500 he stole from me is not going to break me. If he needs to keep $500 he took from someone and did not earn, then I suppose he needs it more than I do.

You should take some satisfaction in the fact that your posting this will cost him 10 times more than you lost, in new business. No one reading this post will ever do business with him, except his BFF's.

Brandino

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2011
    I never post on here, but this thread called out a lurker. I found tcustoms on this site, he was highly recommended. He has done work for me, did it well and has even completed a job under what was estimated. Secondly, he was super nice and professional the entire time. Many others have done business and positively with him and I just thought tcustoms doesn't deserve the constant bashing he's getting in this thread. I don't know what happened with this suppressor, but I can vouch that tcustoms has done good work. That's all I have to say, I will retreat back to lurker status.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I never post on here, but this thread called out a lurker. I found tcustoms on this site, he was highly recommended. He has done work for me, did it well and has even completed a job under what was estimated. Secondly, he was super nice and professional the entire time. Many others have done business and positively with him and I just thought tcustoms doesn't deserve the constant bashing he's getting in this thread. I don't know what happened with this suppressor, but I can vouch that tcustoms has done good work. That's all I have to say, I will retreat back to lurker status.
    Sounds like the guy from TCustoms has done good work in past(?), but should make this situation right or it will come back/continue to haunt him. This appears to be pretty poorly handled situation on his part if everything posted is true.
    ETA- See you registered today...Welcome "Officially" to the forum.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Sounds like the guy from TCustoms has done good work in past(?), but should make this situation right or it will come back/continue to haunt him. This appears to be pretty poorly handled situation on his part if everything posted is true.
    ETA- See you registered today...Welcome "Officially" to the forum.

Exactly! How in hell do you move around in this forum without having to sign up? I've been here for years, and if I try to lurk (out of laziness), 4 clicks in I get Austin's message to sign up or login?

Now back to the matter at hand! I very rarely sign in on Sunday's but these type of threads are great fun for me; but for all you people involved; just make sure you have proof to backup your claims. Defamation is VERY easy to prove when you are printing the words like, "Liar" and "Thief".

That being said, let's get on with the hate! :D

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Working with the public for several years in the past has taught me a thing or two.

When you give someone great customer service, they will most likely tell no one. These are the people who when given the chance to fill out a comment card, will not take two minutes to complete it. I am guilty of this myself, although I have in the past two years actively tried to change this. I have gone online to compliment businesses when I have received great service. I have begun to fill out comment cards while waiting for my bill to arrive at restaurants and other places. I've even begun to complete online surveys when printed on my receipts. Most of the time I do this to get the promo code that entitles me to something free on my next visit - even though I lose the stupid code and receipt before I go back for whatever was promised to me.

When you give someone BAD service, that person is likely to tell everyone they can. Once again, I am also guilty of this myself. They will go to online forums, like this one, or review sites like Yelp and post about their bad experience.

Is it right? Maybe, maybe not. But that's the sad truth. Give someone great service, they tell one or two people. Give someone bad service, they tell everyone they can.

I view this thread kind of like a hotel review. There will be some with negative experiences and some with positive experiences. The reader will have to decide for themselves if they are willing to deal with this business or not. Only advice I can offer is to look for other reviews from other people and do not base your decision solely on what you have read here on Bayou Shooter. I'm sure if you search around the internet, you can find TCustoms discussed elsewhere.

That is all. Thanks.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge

I take offense to this statement. I work out of my home and my Gunsmith business has NEVER been involved in anything that could be associated with"AMATEUR" work. If you decide to keep up with your complaints and issues with TCustoms to try and hurt his business then I would appreciate that you leave out other professionals that work out of their homes.
    I have done business with TCustoms many times and he has always treated my business like a professional. I will do business with him in the future. Rant over.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I take offense to this statement. I work out of my home and my Gunsmith business has NEVER been involved in anything that could be associated with"AMATEUR" work. If you decide to keep up with your complaints and issues with TCustoms to try and hurt his business then I would appreciate that you leave out other professionals that work out of their homes.
    I have done business with TCustoms many times and he has always treated my business like a professional. I will do business with him in the future. Rant over.

1) If you ordered a product for a customer and the manufacture stuck you. Would you stick it to your customer or call it a lost and refund him?

2) If you paid the manufacture and they stuck you. Would you show your customer proof of payment?

Top Bottom