Followup on Todd Cheek of Tcustoms LLC in Greenwell Springs Louisiana suppressor sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I would make sure that it was taken care of. It would all have a paper trail. It would have been taken care of between me and the manufacturer. It sounds like Todd is in the process with Huntertown.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I would make sure that it was taken care of. It would all have a paper trail. It would have been taken care of between me and the manufacturer. It sounds like Todd is in the process with Huntertown.

Cool I've always been told you were a stand up person.

I'm also happy Todd takes good care of you. The facts of my deal with him was he was rude, sold me a non running gun, did indeed blame vendors for broken and missing parts and yes I have proof of everything I've just said.
    Do I think Todd is a thief NO I really don't. I hope this customer is made right because a $500.00 lost is a lot. At least I got a training prop outta my deal lol.

Also to add: I agree with the fact that working out of ones home doesn't prove anything. We can name many store front gun shops that stuck people over the years lol.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    So the last thread he told you to call him. You didn't and went thru bbb? I'd tell you to f off also.

Todds done 5 AKs for me and a 1911. It's been a pleasure to deal with him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Cool I've always been told you were a stand up person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the compliment. My reputation is very important to me as I'm sure it's important to the other business owners here on this site. As I'm sure you know, these NFA items are taking a LONG time to come thru on the paperwork end and I'm sure that when there is a problem with the verification of the funds sent and received it will take a while as well. I'm confident that this situation will get resolved one way or another. I also understand the guy with the $500 out there in limbo is concerned about his $ and his suppressor. From my dealings with Todd I am confident that he's been working to get this situation resolved. The two parties involved may not see eye to eye and the conversation may be cordial, at the most, but they'll need to talk this out between themselves if this is going to get resolved.

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Now back to the matter at hand! I very rarely sign in on Sunday's but these type of threads are great fun for me; but for all you people involved; just make sure you have proof to backup your claims. Defamation is VERY easy to prove when you are printing the words like, "Liar" and "Thief".

If a person tells you on a public forum, to save face, that he will refund you, then tells the BBB, in order to save face there, that he will not issue a refund, what do you call it? There is no defamation there, only easily verifiable facts.

When you give someone BAD service, that person is likely to tell everyone they can. Once again, I am also guilty of this myself. They will go to online forums, like this one, or review sites like Yelp and post about their bad experience.

Is it right? Maybe, maybe not. But that's the sad truth. Give someone great service, they tell one or two people. Give someone bad service, they tell everyone they can.

I view this thread kind of like a hotel review. There will be some with negative experiences and some with positive experiences. The reader will have to decide for themselves if they are willing to deal with this business or not. Only advice I can offer is to look for other reviews from other people and do not base your decision solely on what you have read here on Bayou Shooter. I'm sure if you search around the internet, you can find TCustoms discussed elsewhere.

Hotel reviews are usually written by people whom you cannot please and expect way more than what they paid for. I think you can determine how a business performs by the lack of negative comments they receive, understanding most happy people never comment.

I take offense to this statement. I work out of my home and my Gunsmith business has NEVER been involved in anything that could be associated with"AMATEUR" work. If you decide to keep up with your complaints and issues with TCustoms to try and hurt his business then I would appreciate that you leave out other professionals that work out of their homes.

My dealings with work out of home amateurs has been 100% negative. That's my opinion. Based on facts.

So the last thread he told you to call him. You didn't and went thru bbb? I'd tell you to f off also.

Why do I need to call him when he said he will refund me and in that same thread I gave him my mailing address to do so? What else is there to talk about? Do we have to whisper sweet nothings over the phone to make it happen? He said he was going to do it and he hasn't, conversely, he has now stated that he will not. You obviously have not read the thread that explains that I had gone to the BBB before that.

From my dealings with Todd I am confident that he's been working to get this situation resolved. The two parties involved may not see eye to eye and the conversation may be cordial, at the most, but they'll need to talk this out between themselves if this is going to get resolved.

This is what he's doing to get it resolved:
    I have contacted the BATFE about Huntertown Arms and am trying to get them to
    help me out. They are usually pretty good about helping so I'm hopeful they will
    help resolve this.​

Why is the BATF going to do anything if he has never paid the supplier?

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    You may want to consult an attorney as well as the district attorneys office. By him not returning your money could be considered larceny.

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Fixed it for you.^^*^^

If that's the case then you haven't dealt with many of us.

No, I haven't dealt with any professionals. Professionals don't display the behavior toward customers that has been shown here.

There's a story about a rat who ate some poisoned cheese. The poison made him sick but he didn't die. The rat never ate cheese again.

tl;dr - never buying from huntertown and spreading word likewise.

I don't believe Huntertown is at fault here. The only criticism I can attest to Huntertown is they do not return phone calls and they don't make enough cans to meet their demand. Which I suppose means they don't have enough employees. When I emailed them that I was told by Todd Cheek, "you screwed him" and never delivered the product, I heard back from them the next day. So I don't know if they selectively read/answer their mail or only answer things they disagree with.

They make a nice product for an affordable price. If you can find one for sale.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I never post on here, but this thread called out a lurker. I found tcustoms on this site, he was highly recommended. He has done work for me, did it well and has even completed a job under what was estimated. Secondly, he was super nice and professional the entire time. Many others have done business and positively with him and I just thought tcustoms doesn't deserve the constant bashing he's getting in this thread. I don't know what happened with this suppressor, but I can vouch that tcustoms has done good work. That's all I have to say, I will retreat back to lurker status.

Sounds like the guy from TCustoms has done good work in past(?), but should make this situation right or it will come back/continue to haunt him. This appears to be pretty poorly handled situation on his part if everything posted is true.
    ETA- See you registered today...Welcome "Officially" to the forum.

Exactly! How in hell do you move around in this forum without having to sign up? I've been here for years, and if I try to lurk (out of laziness), 4 clicks in I get Austin's message to sign up or login?

Now back to the matter at hand! I very rarely sign in on Sunday's but these type of threads are great fun for me; but for all you people involved; just make sure you have proof to backup your claims. Defamation is VERY easy to prove when you are printing the words like, "Liar" and "Thief".

That being said, let's get on with the hate! :D

Just a FYI, Brandino has been registered here since Mar 2011, the same month as Emp and almost two years before Jasarii.
    Click on "DETAILS" beside his name and it's all there in black and white.

Back to our regularly scheduled broadcasting.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Sounds like you bought a can. Maybe two of them. But buying a can isn't a simple item to purchase as buying a scope or some other product, your asking for your money back on something that is an NFA item, which I would think is not refundable if special ordered. Patience is a virtue, I'm sure you can read on the inter web about the problems others are having getting things lost with suppliers, it happens sounds like you approached this whole situation wrong from start. Did you call Huntertown after 4 months?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just a FYI, Brandino has been registered here since Mar 2011, the same month as Emp and almost two years before Jasarii.
    Click on "DETAILS" beside his name and it's all there in black and white.

Back to our regularly scheduled broadcasting.

I think he wants to be a regular poster! He's laying in wait! :D

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (6 members and 0 guests)
    Emperor*,
    Brandino,
    mADWAND,
    wiliermdb

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    If you get your stamp back by 6/27/14 I'll eat your fricken underwear!!!

I was hoping I could feed you some underwear, but I'm 17 days late. So it was ordered on 3/17/2014 and it's completed on 7/14/2014. It took 119 days.

And for those of you who think your buddy Todd Cheek is still working on it, 19 months later, go ahead and bring him some money...maybe he won't steal yours.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I was hoping I could feed you some underwear, but I'm 17 days late. So it was ordered on 3/17/2014 and it's completed on 7/14/2014. It took 119 days.

And for those of you who think your buddy Todd Cheek is still working on it, 19 months later, go ahead and bring him some money...maybe he won't steal yours.

That's not bad timing! I was actually kind of sweating the "eating of the underwear". Here in the last month and a half the folks at the ATF NFA branch have been drinking some extra cups of coffee. They're really starting to get some of these stamps out. You say "completed on 7/14/2014" did you get your stamp yet, or are you waiting on the mailman still? Either way, you should enjoy the can. I hope it's not the only one that you'll get. Stamp collecting can be a very rewarding hobby with some really awesome fringe benefits.

Top Bottom