Freakin' headlights!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    aja2vRx.jpg

Haha. DIESELPOWER BRRRRROOO.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I like their vehicle inspection system better - it kept many unsafe cars off the road. I don't have a problem paying for something if I can see a service being performed -- call it what it is, it is a $10/year license and insurance check, has nothing to do with keeping our streets safer.
    Unsafe cars I can agree with. But screwing over every one else is something I can't stand. I drive a diesel and it's more efficient and gets better fuel economy than every other truck owner I know. With emissions gear not involved.

I also have proper HID conversions which aren't obnoxious to oncoming traffic.

I see more regular vehicles driving with their freaking brights on than any one else.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CBlack - yes, I see your point on the emissions side but for everything else -- and it is the folks like the d-bag in the pic that give the other diesel drivers a bad rap. I understand and this was not a bash at all about that - it is about the bizzillion watt light bulbs and the light arrays that are as bright as a welding torch!!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    They all drive with there fog lights on all the time also.

+1000000000000000 After many years of driving all night delivering newspaper I would love to shoot out those damn fog lights and blue tinted head and fog lights.
    And I don't think anybody dims headlights anymore. I wish they would start busting them.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I despise blue headlights and LED bars used as running lights. LED bars are meant to see not be seen, blue headlights and foglights (or the green ones) are super annoying in the rain or fog.

I use HID retrofits on my truck, with actual HID projectors. I have a lightbar nicely mounted to my Setina. I don't blind anyone unless of course they're a tool running their high beams, even then the requirement is that no innocent drivers get shelled too.

I hate tinted brake lights. They're indistinguishable from running lights. Not to mention invisible to any moron using a cell phone.

I judge effective brake lights to be when the amount of red light on a person's face equals or exceeds the amount of white light from their iPhone running full bright 8" away. No, I don't particularly feel bad about illuminating every road reflector 1000' back, either. My center high brake light is integrated into my traffic advisor, many times over the past month has it saved me from being rear-ended on I-10 when traffic came to a stop (plus it makes the cars far back hit the brakes early). Considering it's supposed to be hidden behind 15% tint, it does a really good job of borrowing retinas from iPhones. (yes, I pun)

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1241/Q4RrHt.jpg

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I despise blue headlights and LED bars used as running lights. LED bars are meant to see not be seen, blue headlights and foglights (or the green ones) are super annoying in the rain or fog.

I use HID retrofits on my truck, with actual HID projectors. I have a lightbar nicely mounted to my Setina. I don't blind anyone unless of course they're a tool running their high beams, even then the requirement is that no innocent drivers get shelled too.

I hate tinted brake lights. They're indistinguishable from running lights. Not to mention invisible to any moron using a cell phone.

I judge effective brake lights to be when the amount of red light on a person's face equals or exceeds the amount of white light from their iPhone running full bright 8" away. No, I don't particularly feel bad about illuminating every road reflector 1000' back, either. My center high brake light is integrated into my traffic advisor, many times over the past month has it saved me from being rear-ended on I-10 when traffic came to a stop (plus it makes the cars far back hit the brakes early). Considering it's supposed to be hidden behind 15% tint, it does a really good job of borrowing retinas from iPhones. (yes, I pun)

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1241/Q4RrHt.jpg

Why do you have push bars and directional traffic bar on your suv?

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Because I do roadside(way) assistance/mobile mechanic work. Bumper is for pushing breakdowns, TA so I'm hopefully not squished.

Since I'm on the road a lot I give a hand when I see see a breakdown..for free. Usually involves stalled vehicles in traffic or bad spots.

I don't service anyone I don't feel comfortable stopping for, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom