From Obama, the Tax Cut Nobody Heard Of

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    How is WITHHOLDING less cutting taxes? Unless the percentage owed when you file is actually cut this is NOT a tax cut... it is as someone stated earlier... smoke and mirrors.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    What happened?

Several co workers noticed that their deducts were lower, they contacted payroll and were told it was new tax law, they had to pay less...then at W2 time they found they owed a noticeable amount more than previous years

I don't know past that

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i always owe with state, and usually get a respectable amount back from federal.
    not last year, my income didnt raise, but i paid $4k more in taxes.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I pay over $2k per month in taxes and didn't even notice the $400 they gave me last year. Even if I were to notice it, I am certain that the inflation for groceries, gas, utilities, etc. went up by more than the $400 that the Obama administration graciously put back in our pockets.

Also, when it comes to taxes, I have a little game that will make most of you sick. Add up what you pay on your payroll check, property, sales, fuel, utilities, and any other tax tacked on to what you normally pay for. You'd be shocked at what your effective tax rate is when compared to your gross salary after doing so.

pjprokop

NRA Benefactor Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Tax Cut - Not!

People probably don't remember getting a tax cut because they didn't get one.

They reduced the withholding requirements.

You paid the same taxes when you filed at the end of the year.

Paul

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I absolutely agree with what other have said on here- We did not even notice the extra $7/week that the federal government "gave us" (what a joke). It just rolled into our budget without making any impact whatsoever. We didn't go eat out more, or save more, or anything. It was inconsequential. If they had "given" it all in one $800 check, then we probably would have spent it on something. Probably either a weekend getaway, or a new gun if I had my way.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    This is a pure BS story; just propaganda from the leftist 0sama-a$$-kissing media released to try and get his minions some sympathy votes prior to the upcoming November 2 bloodbath. These so-called "tax cuts" were adjustments to withholding and some tax credits for the ultra-poor who pay NO taxes!

To those currently running the country, tax cuts are evil, and diametrically opposite of their Marxist agenda. No way they'd put forth a real tax cut. Just look at how much time they've spent vociferously fighting and arguing against renewing the Bush tax cuts. Those were genuine, not some withholding /welfare sleight of hand crap.

With the Bush cuts gone, get ready for some real shock come next year, and on April 15, 2012.

Top Bottom