G3 / HK91 Barreled Receiver $SPF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • corey8534

HK Guy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Berwick
    FAC barreled receiver for sale. It come with the USA made butt stock, cocking tube, and receiver. What you see in the pic is what you get for $SPF This is a FFL item so FTF pickup in Berwick, LA and you must be a LA resident. If you are thinking of building a HK G3 clone this is a great first build.

Contact me via email corey8534_delete_this_@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Corey.

CIMG4818.jpg

CIMG4819.jpg

CIMG4820.jpg

CIMG4821.jpg

CIMG4822.jpg

CIMG4823.jpg

Last edited:

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    British barrel? Please elaborate on that.
    It looks like a straight cocking tube FMP/Africa surplus parts kit on a Century receiver.
    Some of those were marketed by Springfield for a short time.

Last edited:

corey8534

HK Guy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Berwick
    After closer inspection the barrel is FMP. At first it looked like it had the British Enfield marking but it turned out to be Portuguese marking instead.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    No bolt in the pics.
    FMP made guns for an African country. That is where most of the parts kits came from. I've never seen a British made G3 barrel. Although there were some G3 types made in England, I have never seen parts from them in the US.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    OK, I sit corrected, but,

The barrels were demilled by drilling three holes in the barrel the size of the bore, one of the holes is in the chamber. This is the current ATF guideline for demil.

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    but the holes were drilled in the chamber....I can care less about a muzzle brake if theres holes where the powder explodes..... says its demilled with holes in the chamber....a bit scary to shoot I would think with those

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    but the holes were drilled in the chamber....I can care less about a muzzle brake if theres holes where the powder explodes..... says its demilled with holes in the chamber....a bit scary to shoot I would think with those

The holes are in the barrel of the parts kit he linked to. Obviously his barrel does not have holes or he wouldn't say the bore is in great condition.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    It is still unclear. Are there holes drilled in the barrel and/or chamber?

No holes in the chamber. That is a Century or Springfield build on Aluminum receiver. The muzzle brakes were usually silver soldered on but OP says that one is pinned. I don't see a pin in the pics but the OP probably knows more about his item than I do.
    Those receivers do require drilling and pinning of the trunnion, however which usually ruins the trunnion for subsequent builds.
    Original HK 9Xs and clones use steel receivers. You should do a little research on the differences between steel and Aluminum. IIRC, the collapsible stocks won't fit the Al receivers, for example.

corey8534

HK Guy
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Berwick
    No holes in the chamber. That is a Century or Springfield build on Aluminum receiver. The muzzle brakes were usually silver soldered on but OP says that one is pinned. I don't see a pin in the pics but the OP probably knows more about his item than I do.
    Those receivers do require drilling and pinning of the trunnion, however which usually ruins the trunnion for subsequent builds.
    Original HK 9Xs and clones use steel receivers. You should do a little research on the differences between steel and Aluminum. IIRC, the collapsible stocks won't fit the Al receivers, for example.

Thanks Derf. You are correct the brake is silver soldered on. It could be removed if you wanted to. The one good thing about these Al receivers are that they no not require any welding. One of the hardest parts would be to press and pin the barrel. This has already done on this one. The rear section is standard 2-hole G3 setup able to accept any stock. But, as you pointed out, a A3 retractable stock will not retract.

They're NO holes in this barrel. It's a FMP barrel in great shape.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom