G3 / HK91 Barreled Receiver $SPF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    Actually, on HK 9X builds you don't have to press and pin the barrel if it is already in a good trunnion. On those Al FA-91 builds they just installed barrel and trunnion as a unit. But, pinning the trunnion in the AL receiver instead of welding it into a steel receiver makes it practically unusable. Also, if you reinstall a barrel in a trunnion you should rotate it to a new location and drill a new pin hole. When you do that you have to re-align and repin the front sight triple frame.
    Sorry for digressing on your for sale thread. If anyone has questions I'll be happy to answer them in PM or another thread.
    Lastly I'll say that even if you aren't carried away with the Aluminum receiver that FMP barrel has value as no more will be imported without being de-milled and most of the domestic barrels are lacking in one area or another, either they work well and cost a fortune or they aren't made correctly and the fluted chambers on those barrels are critical to proper function. And, that flash hider can be removed without too much trouble with a torch. I've personally done it before.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom