Glock Price Gouging

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DumpsterJuice

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Most of us qualify and purchase our Glocks on the Military, LEO, Firefighter, Judge, Pilot, GSSF program. These new Glocks are new w/3mags for $398. Why do I see most of the used Glocks listed for $475-$550 for used Glocks? Im sure it's against the program rules to purchase these at $398 and turn around and sell them after using them for inflated prices. I believe anyone caught purchasing these Blue Label Glocks on the priveleged program and flipping them for a profit should face some type of penalty. I know there is no oversight of this program, but this topic has bugged me for awhile now. Thoughts?

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I know a couple of cops that do it all the time. They "Replace" their old Glock with a new one of the exact same Glock and sell the used Glock for profit. Wash, Rinse, Repeat in a perpetual fashion.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I believe that it is not legal for someone to buy and sell guns for profit on a regular basis without a FFL.

Other than that supply/demand.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I believe that it is not legal for someone to buy and sell guns for profit on a regular basis without a FFL.

Other than that supply/demand.

only illegal if you're making a livelihood from it. Its ok to do it as a hobby.

Glock is obviously making enough on the products to not care about it. The program has been around for quite a while, and we all know that people have bought and resold their blue labels since it started. Bartering, trading, and supply and demand are normalities that I dont see seizing to exist any time soon. Its all about what someone wants for their product and what you're willing to pay for it. If I dont like the price, I move on.

Glock doesn't mention anything on their site about not reselling their product.

http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I don't qualify for jack squat. My thoughts are the following: stay out of people's business. If you don't want to pay a certain amount for a Glock or any gun, all you have to do is not give someone that amount. It's easy enough that any slobbering imbecile should be able to grasp without government assistance, therefore no need to regulate it.

The terms for what's considered a "dealer" are on ATF's site; they can deal with it. Penalty, my alabaster ass. There's enough of that nanny crap already.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    only illegal if you're making a livelihood from it. Its ok to do it as a hobby.

Not necessarily true.

(21) The term "engaged in the business" means (C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section
    921(a)(11)(A), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;

(22) The term "with the principal objective of livelihood and profit" means that the intent underlying the sale or disposition of firearms is predominantly one of obtaining livelihood and pecuniary gain, as opposed to other intents, such as improving or liquidating
    a personal firearms collection

There's a lot of subjective terms in there, left up to the discretion of the BATFE. What's occasional? What's the line between personal sales and obtaining livelihood? There's a lot of grey area in there, and grey area is not a place you want to be. The way I interpret it, buying any gun with the sole intention of flipping it for profit is toeing the line. Doing it a couple times a year could probably be excused. More than that is asking for trouble.

As for the Glocks, demand drives price. It's that simple. I definitely wouldn't say "the majority" are discounted blue label guns. I've bought/sold/traded several Glocks and I've never even seen a blue label. So...that's a lofty assumption to make.

DumpsterJuice

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    When I say "blue label" I'm speaking in generality. When the program Kicked off all of these weapons were affixed with the blue label. I believe that practice has since ceased and there are no outward signs of which are civilian purchase and which are program purchased.

Last edited:

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    If this is all you have to worry about, I highly recommend that you seek the services of a psychoanalyst.......:owned:

No I'm sorry, but you are in fact owned. I don't have a correct rhetoric on the subject, but I do believe that gouging exists. Kinda the same way we all despise gas price gouging but refuse to admit the fact tha glocks on this website experience the same thing.

And this isn't meant to be inflammatory, and the reason I now usually stay out of these discussions since I just peterb folks on accident.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    When I say "blue label" I'm speaking in generality. When the program Kicked off all of these weapons were affixed with the blue label. I believe that practice has since ceased and there are no outward signs of which are civilian purchase and which are program purchased.

They still come red label/blue label-- at least the last 3 dozen that I've seen.

And from what I've always been told-- yes, it's very much frowned upon to sell them off at profit. In fact, supposedly blue labels are not supposed to go to "red label" hands...

Frankly, Glock's business practices across the board have gotten on my last nerve recently. They can pound sand for all I care-- and I applaud every penny they lose out on. :mamoru:

VERY few companies "make (or sell) 'em like they used to" these days, it would seem.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I can get blue label Glocks all day long. Once I own it, Glock can't say ****. Neither can anyone else for that matter. I'm free to do with my property whatever I want so long as it doesn't violate a law.

Who's really the one to blame, the guy SELLING a $400 gun for $500 or the idiot buying it???

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    I can get blue label Glocks all day long. Once I own it, Glock can't say ****. Neither can anyone else for that matter. I'm free to do with my property whatever I want so long as it doesn't violate a law.

Who's really the one to blame, the guy SELLING a $400 gun for $500 or the idiot buying it???

The guy ripping off his fellow man.

DumpsterJuice

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    New Orleans, Louisiana

So... You think it's appropriate for a police officer to purchase a Blue Label Glock at $398 and turn around the next day and sell it to a plumber for $500?

Top Bottom