Glock -vs- M&P

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Shot both and liked the feel of the M&P over the Glock. I shoot the Glock much better and I don't have to put $100 into it like you would with the M&P. That said, I own all Glock's.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What is everyone's thoughts on Glocks in comparison to the S&W M&P?
    M&P have metal sights, as opposed to standard Glock sights. I think that's of consequence. Also, I do like the feel of the new M&P. Cycling is supposedly no issue.

What is everyone's experience, or thoughts.
    Thank you.

Pointless thread is pointless. You'll get about a 50/50 split on answers. Shoot both and buy the one that works better for you.

The same to me, I prefer Glock just for the feel.

That being said, which is better 9mm, .40, or .45?

The 10MM.
    With all of that in mind I think the clear winner is an H&K. Also...everyone knows that the .338 lapua is better than the 10mm...

And while we are on the subject of pointless threads, why don't y'all reply with your favorite use of brass knuckles. Obviously I am referring to the legitimate uses of them such as paperweights, belt buckles, bottle openers, and etc. I am personally a fan of brass knuckle tie clips. They work well.

:beer:

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    M&P: don't let the trigger talk scare you . It is not near as bad as folks will tell you. Is the trigger as good as a quality 1911 or competition gun- no. Is the trigger as good some very expensive guns -no. But then again if you are talking self defense and if the SHTF it will come down to training and confidence. I have had both Glocks and Smiths and have gravitated to the M&P because of feel in my hand. I no longer own a Glock not because it is not a great gun but because i felt the M&P fit me better and I am confident with them as i own 3 M&P .40 in the full size , Compact and Shield. I love the Shield as it is a great CCW and it goes bang every time no matter what the hell kind of ammo I run in it . And by the way if you get the M&P Shield you wont need a trigger job as it come from the factory with a very good trigger.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    What is everyone's thoughts on Glocks in comparison to the S&W M&P?
    M&P have metal sights, as opposed to standard Glock sights. I think that's of consequence. Also, I do like the feel of the new M&P. Cycling is supposedly no issue.

What is everyone's experience, or thoughts.
    Thank you.

:doh:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If forced to pick, I prefer Glock- but I own M&Ps, as well. Why? Because I like guns. :)

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    One reason to lean glock over M&P is that you can actually buy extra magazines.

Smith and Wesson is currently selling so many more guns then it had been in 2012 that they stopped selling magazines (individually/retail) so that they are able to have to inventory required to package them with new firearms.

I heard that S&W just recently started to allow customers to call and put their name on a backorder/waiting list for when magazines become available.

Top Bottom