Glock Wins New FBI Contract.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just wait HK will redesign that grip angle soon and get it right.

HK DID have the grip angle right....a while back.

zd6JVUo.jpg

...With that being said I like the HK P7 series and Glock! BOOM...We need a polymer P7 model to be made.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That will get really expensive for me!! If I were a tier one operator like most around here I would already be in the club but I'm good with the old Glock ugly duckling. It's abilities are far beyond what I'm capable of at this point in my life.

My HK VP9 shoots circles around even my G17L.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    So let me understand this: HK is better because they have to keep working on new designs to get it right? And Glock is not as good because they got it right the 1st time and cost less?

Oh yes the round count before needing replacement parts: I think we would need to look at the cost, availability and amount of labor to replace the parts on each gun before we can call that a advantage or not.

No, HK takes the time to perfectly engineer their new models every time.
    Glock does not always get it right the first time. There were problems with early runs of Gen4 guns. Even the G42 has problems with some of the self-defense rounds currently sold at retail. The G43 at The Shooters Club had the slide stop fall off during a rental. Glock perfection?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I have a gen1 17L....i need to put it up against my P7 and my CZ Shadow Target I.

At least the P7 and the 17L gen1 would be closr to being the same age/era.

That's always fun to do those tests, but the P7 will win outright! The CZ might come close though!
    Be sure to post the results in another thread!

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    And Glock is not as good because they got it right the 1st time and cost less?

Got what right the first time? The extractor? Guess they changed it FOUR times just for fun.

The trigger bar? Changed it a couple of times in several different Glock pistols; must have been fun again.

The dual recoil spring system in the Gen4 Glocks... guess they were just killing time and loosing some profit with that, just for kicks.

Curious... have YOU ever had an HK? Like, owned one, shot it awhile, etc.?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Got what right the first time? The extractor? Guess they changed it FOUR times just for fun.

The trigger bar? Changed it a couple of times in several different Glock pistols; must have been fun again.

The dual recoil spring system in the Gen4 Glocks... guess they were just killing time and loosing some profit with that, just for kicks.

The ultimate question is "Why should anyone buy an HK over a Glock?"

I like both.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I don't consider tweaking parts and changing spring weights a major design change "but ok".

My handguns are tools I judge them by how well they perform and Glock has served me well.

Out of the 2 HKs I've owned I had no problems with them at all. But did they do anything better than my Glocks NOPE.

At the end of the day I advise everyone to buy 40cal HKs "more 9mm ammo and Glock mags available for me".

I run 4boxes of crap ammo every Sunday though my G19 dropping my mags on concrete and haven't cleaned it in over a year "could be longer" and can count malfunction on one hand and those were when using steel cased ammo with very hard primers.

I'm sure there are more LEAs in the US with HKs tho.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The ultimate question is "Why should anyone buy an HK over a Glock?"

I like both.

I own both as well, but I see my HK pistols as higher quality guns. I find the VP9 to be more fun to shoot than the G17. I would bet my life on either one. I love both guns and do not see praise for HK as denigrating Glock.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I own both as well, but I see my HK pistols as higher quality guns. I find the VP9 to be more fun to shoot than the G17. I would bet my life on either one. I love both guns and do not see praise for HK as denigrating Glock.

1. Quality is relative.
    2. The VP9 being more enjoyable to shoot is opinionated, not factual.
    Thus leaving the question unanswered once again.

If you don't understand my point, ask the local LE agencies why they chose Glock.

Just remember, what's best for you isn't what's best for me, and vice versa. I recommend Glock pistols because they are cheap and reliable. They are a better solution than someone looking at a S&W Sigma or Taurus Millennium. If they told me they had $1,000 to spend and wanted something nice, of course I would suggest something other than a Glock. However, we're debating semantics and why the FBI chose Glock, not what you would buy or think is better.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    HK pistols will shoot longer before any replacement parts are needed. HK spends more time on new designs in order to get it right. Overall, the HK is better engineered than any other service pistols out there. The problem is that they are more expensive.
    Yes, Glock gets into a lot of LE holsters by being the lowest bidder. They are still very good guns for protection.

Perhaps to you... but I asked the guy what (if any) use he had with HKs, because his earlier thread suggested that HK kept changing "stuff" trying to get it right. That's nonsense.

I quoted what 323MAR said you may wanna correct him lol.

Edit to add: I did not say they keep changing "stuff". I said working on new designs to get it right? (With a question mark)lol.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Okay, but I didn't say any parts were being "tweaked"... they were CHANGED... and the Gen4 recoil spring assembly IS a "major design change".

I thought HKs were to help with sensitive hands not feelings.

Be strong I'm sure HKs will start winning more contracts one day lol.

Top Bottom