"Grid Down" Would Be Unthinkable!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyway, regarding the topic of this thread, I'd venture to say that nearly 100% of our members would not make it past a true 'grid down' situation due to age, health, and fitness constraints.

I read Vince Flynn's (Kyle Mills) book "Total Power" last fall (#19 in the Mitch Rapp series) and it prompted me to do a bit of digging into what would actually happen if a large section of the United States had a true, continuous blackout. In summary, it's a pretty bleak situation. Most estimates put between 80% and 90% of people dying within a year. It would be absolutely catastrophic.

Very quickly, millions would die from a lack of fresh water and depending on the location and the time of the year, the weather. After that, lack of food is going to become problematic. Disease will spread quickly with dehydrated and underfed people. Crime is going to massively spike as people fight over resources.

Small groups will quickly come together and utilize force to take supplies. Many "preppers" will have their 'preps' taken from them, at best, and at worst will be killed over it.

It really doesn't matter how "hard" or "soft" people are. Geographic location is going to matter as will the ability to grow crops and keep fresh water long term. But in the end, nearly 100% of people are going to be completely screwed and will perish.

Preparing for a true long-term grid down situation isn't really feasible for most people, but maybe for some who live in pretty remote places.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Really? The last time someone tried to post your address you sure did want it deleted...

Besides, plenty of folks have come to the site staff about you who have done deals with you. I can confirm that the address that was found from that photo that you took was indeed your current address. That being said, as much as I don't care for you, I'm not going to let people post it because that's not cool, even if you're a pest.

If you want to live out your internet tough-guy persona, I fully support it. Keep it up and keep calling everyone weak. It's funny.

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't threatened to press charges yet. Mike has been banned from BayouShooter maybe 10 times now. I'm absolutely not a betting man, but I'd put a considerable amount on you taking him in a fight (or him not showing up). But he's a habitual liar who comes on here solely to troll people. Whatever, some people live off of making up a persona online and touting it.

Im 31 years old and have been lifting weights, doing cardio, and boxing (for cardio)consistently since I was 14 years old. The longest gap I’ve taken out of the gym was a six month period when I got out of the Navy. I have no desire whatsoever to beat up on some old man who has either mental health issues or is just the worst pathological liar anyone has seen. I agree, like I said in a previous post he would absolutely be the one to try to arrange something like this and then press charges. I doubt he would show up in person and again I have no desire to anyway. If I had to guess I would bet he would arrange it and then try calling the police and telling them the location and that I was threatening him.

all I ask is please don’t ban him because this truly is entertaining.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Im 31 years old and have been lifting weights, doing cardio, and boxing consistently since I was 14 years old. The longest gap I’ve taken out of the gym was a six month period when I got out of the Navy. I have no desire whatsoever to beat up on some old man who has either mental health issues or is just the worst pathological liar anyone has seen. I agree, like I said in a previous post he would absolutely be the one to try to arrange something like this and then press charges. I doubt he would show up in person and again I have no desire to anyway. If I had to guess I would bet he would arrange it and then try calling the police and telling them the location and that I was threatening him.

all I ask is please don’t ban him because this truly is entertaining.
    Ban him? That's no fun! Besides, he'll be back within a week on a new account. I'm just interested to see his counter at this point.

A humble, "yeah I'm just messing, I don't want to fight any of y'all" would be nice. But I'm guessing we get something like "you don't know who my wife is" or "apple sauce is nice on a Thursday afternoon."

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Is he the 6 figure wife 3 spots removed from CEO guy?

I watch a lot of food traveling shows, and many times they are going to remote parts of Asia and Africa, Whether its a guy living off a floating fish farm/house in Vietnam, or some houses in remote parts of Laos or Cambodia where there is zero electricity, their house on stilts have holes all over every wall/floor/ceiling and they live just fine. They never knew any better and that's just life. We can learn a lot from them.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Is he the 6 figure wife 3 spots removed from CEO guy?

I watch a lot of food traveling shows, and many times they are going to remote parts of Asia and Africa, Whether its a guy living off a floating fish farm/house in Vietnam, or some houses in remote parts of Laos or Cambodia where there is zero electricity, their house on stilts have holes all over every wall/floor/ceiling and they live just fine. They never knew any better and that's just life. We can learn a lot from them.
    The one and only.

We can certainly learn from them, but they didnt just wake up and survive in that environment. They grew into it.

Going into it overnight would be very bad.

I highly recommend that book I referenced earlier. It explains a lot of the things that would happen.

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    If it really does go down long term. Since there will be safety in numbers, I wanna be on Jstudz’ team. After all I am on the Westbank! :hi5:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    well-that-escalated-quickly-.jpg

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Ban him? That's no fun! Besides, he'll be back within a week on a new account. I'm just interested to see his counter at this point.

A humble, "yeah I'm just messing, I don't want to fight any of y'all" would be nice. But I'm guessing we get something like "you don't know who my wife is" or "apple sauce is nice on a Thursday afternoon."

hahaha the apple sauce part made me lol!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If it really does go down long term. Since there will be safety in numbers, I wanna be on Jstudz’ team. After all I am on the Westbank! :hi5:

hey I was just talking to WhereIsIt? About strength in numbers in a situation like that. He’s Also a Westbanker. Well we have a crew of three so far let’s keep the recruiting up. Although we will certainly have to have a vetting process in place.
    I certainly wouldn’t want anyone unwanted fly ing in.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    hey I was just talking to WhereIsIt? About strength in numbers in a situation like that. He’s Also a Westbanker. Well we have a crew of three so far let’s keep the recruiting up. Although we will certainly have to have a vetting process in place.
    I certainly wouldn’t want anyone unwanted fly ing in.

Another Westbanker here! And in the fallen grid situation I would have access to drugs with knowledge of what it's used for and proper dosing!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had no power til yesterday afternoon and I was just fine, but I prolly have something you guys don’t. I have a detailed map of all the preppers in the area…so…

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    It's worth noting that we can't get through a simple discussion as to what it would take to survive, or what is needed to survive, from the comfort of our airconditioned homes or offices without bickering and fighting. You guys really think you will be able to navigate through a living hell like the world has never seen and magically everybody will come together?

Yea right.

This is the point, a really hard honest look needs to be given if you even want a slim chance at survival.

Some folks mention surviving in a group and I'm not so sure about that. I think you might be better alone. I think perhaps if you did survive 6 months or 12 months, whomever is still surviving might be a worthy teammate as by that time the individual ability to survive has been proven.

Top Bottom