Group Buy??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I need in on 2 kits if it isn't too late! I can paypal funds whenever you say go!

It is, in fact too late. I placed the order yesterday, and I'm awaiting confirmation from my rep. We'll have another buy as long as Century has kits in stock, and guys want them. From the responses I've heard, if the kits are good there are already people who want to place another order.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    OK I got confirmation yesterday. The order went in, and the merchandise is in stock and will be processed at Century's usual snail's pace. We should have the package sometime in 2009. Just kidding. It usually takes 1 - 2 weeks.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    My pleasure guys. This is why we have a forum like this.

I think the next group buy is going to be 5.45mm ammunition. I can get the stuff for $120 per case of 1080 rounds. I know AIM sells it for the same price, but if we do it together shipping will be free. If anyone is up for it, let me know.

Of course the inventory list at the top of this thread is all still available too.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    My pleasure guys. This is why we have a forum like this.

I think the next group buy is going to be 5.45mm ammunition. I can get the stuff for $120 per case of 1080 rounds. I know AIM sells it for the same price, but if we do it together shipping will be free. If anyone is up for it, let me know.

Of course the inventory list at the top of this thread is all still available too.

If you order 25 cases from Century you get a price break.
    I got mine for $108, AND since it's over $500 shipping's free.

AIM has a price break at 5 cases but it's usually not as much, and no free shipping.

Someone send me a PM/Call if you are a couple cases short.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    You bought 25 cases of 5.45 ammo? I mean I have a lot of cases, but I can't think of how I would go about concealing that kind of expenditure from my wife. She'd bust my chops for sure.

Thanks for the info though. If we can get enough people to go in on it we might be able to get that price. Wouldn't that be ****?

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Vermiform and Spanky. With the two of you we have four kits spoken for. As soon as we can get a few more kits lined up I'll place the next order.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    You bought 25 cases of 5.45 ammo? I mean I have] a lot of cases, but I can't think of how I would go about concealing that kind of expenditure from my wife. She'd bust my chops for sure.

Thanks for the info though. If we can get enough people to go in on it we might be able to get that price. Wouldn't that be ****?
    Nomad answers to no woman!LOL

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    You bought 25 cases of 5.45 ammo? I mean I have a lot of cases, but I can't think of how I would go about concealing that kind of expenditure from my wife. She'd bust my chops for sure.

No, I bought 66,000 rounds.

I bought 15,000 rounds of South African .308 back when it was under $21 per battle pack delivered... at the time I thought it was alot.

Now I wish I had emptied my Mutual Fund!

I resolved not to make that mistake again.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    One day we'll be saying the same thing about 5.45mm ammo.

7.62x39mm will be around forever, but I don't know about the 5.45mm. I just ordered another 1080 rounds, so I won't have to touch the household stash.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    One day we'll be saying the same thing about 5.45mm ammo.

7.62x39mm will be around forever, but I don't know about the 5.45mm. I just ordered another 1080 rounds, so I won't have to touch the household stash.

Wolf is importing 5.45, so it'll be around just like 7.62x39. Untill Clintoon 2 bans Russian imports like Klintoon 1 did Chinese ammo...

Vermiform: So I won't tell you how much .308 I have put back...:( :mamoru: only problem is, with it costing so much I don't want to shoot it!
    about all I shoot is 9mm (Blazer brass at Chinamart is actually cheaper than AL Blazer at Academy) and 5.45x39.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    No word yet. I keep going out to the front porch and looking around to see if the 150 pounds of kits might be tucked behind a potted plant or under a wicker chair, but nothing yet.

Top Bottom