Gun Sale Gone Bad!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I was thinking it was a drug deal but gun deal also makes sense. Someone tried the same thing to one of our members last year in a target parking lot.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Willing to bet the website they refer to is Armslist. I've dealt with some sketchy MFers through that site. Thank God I joined Bayou Shooter and wrote armslist off completely before something like this happened to me. This forum/community rocks and I have never had a bad experience or had to deal with anyone sketchy here.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Willing to bet the website they refer to is Armslist. I've dealt with some sketchy MFers through that site. Thank God I joined Bayou Shooter and wrote armslist off completely before something like this happened to me. This forum/community rocks and I have never had a bad experience or had to deal with anyone sketchy here.
    armslist is a cesspool of scumbags , I'll never use that site for a FTf.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    armslist is a cesspool of scumbags , I'll never use that site for a FTf.

I couldn't agree with you more. I used it a few times before I was told about Bayou Shooter. I've never looked back since. It doesn't even exist as far as I'm concerned.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    On the WB, If you are not meeting at the Acadamy then that's a red flag right there.

I wouldn't meet any body where he did.

Hmmmmm, show up to rob someone that you know for a FACT has a gun.
    This world gets weirder and weirder
    Audacity in crimes often works. Except when it gets the perp killed.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Good for the thievin bastid! Glad to read the good guy was unscathed. New Orleans is a cesspool, they murdered another armored truck attendant yesterday in a holdup.
    Never did catch anyone in connection with the guard murdered at Claiborne and Carrollton a few years back. Perps got away clean. All these low lifes now know the NOPD is overwhelmed and disheartened. Every single day now on NOLA somebody getting murdered...... children, teachers, gang bangers, dope dealers, and old ladies on their stoop.

Oh.....but wait, those evil statues are down. Surely the rancid natives will give up their lawless murderous and robbing criminal behaviors.

Little Moon gonna fix everything :)

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Police stations are a great place for FTF, and encouraged. Last year meet a guy on here to sell one of my AKs , we agreed to meet at the gas station on 434 in Lacombe, I got there early and happens to see two STPSO deputies parked , asked one if he could hang around for a few minutes so I could do a FTF transfer. He was more then happy to , was also into AKs so I had him check out the one I was selling in the back of my trunk.

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    On the WB, If you are not meeting at the Acadamy then that's a red flag right there.

I wouldn't meet any body where he did.

Audacity in crimes often works. Except when it gets the perp killed.

Even Academy is not always safe. Some years ago I met another long time member there and a crackhead rides up to us on a pedal bike.
    After telling him we're not giving him money and we're both armed, he still sticks around for a bit.
    But then he got the hint and moved on.
    Head on a swivel no matter where you are.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    The Target here in Slidell has some of the best cameras watching their parking lot area, if anyone needs a well covered/surveilled meeting place. I've had nothing but satisfactory experiences on meet-ups from this site. I've never gotten into anyone's car, though, nor would I have them get into mine. Strictly out in the open and above board. I'd much rather explain to police why a citizen saw me holding a gun by a car than what I was doing shooting someone inside a car.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Even Academy is not always safe. Some years ago I met another long time member there and a crackhead rides up to us on a pedal bike.
    After telling him we're not giving him money and we're both armed, he still sticks around for a bit.
    But then he got the hint and moved on.
    Head on a swivel no matter where you are.

It's a joke. Academy is the most common place to do the FTF on the WB.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oh wow so this was the reason for that shooting? I live not too far from this place and no way in hell I will meet someone in front of that store for a gun sale or trade....I made a thread about this a few weeks ago about knowing who to sell and trade with. I usually don't do business with people who don't have alot of fourm post or positive I Trader review..
    Also if I put my phone number on my forsale post and I get a call or text,that person better be willing to give me his user name on what ever fourm I'm on doing buisness or I'm ignoring him..I'll do some investigating and see what kind of threads and posts he's making lol..

I know for a fact that there are thugs who by law are not allowed to own firearms browse around the forsale sections on gun fourms..they buy and most likely sell there stolen Guns on fourms.. there is so much that the administrator can do so it is up to the buyer/seller to be very careful..

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Oh wow so this was the reason for that shooting? I live not too far from this place and no way in hell I will meet someone in front of that store for a gun sale or trade....I made a thread about this a few weeks ago about knowing who to sell and trade with. I usually don't do business with people who don't have alot of fourm post or positive I Trader review..
    Also if I put my phone number on my forsale post and I get a call or text,that person better be willing to give me his user name on what ever fourm I'm on doing buisness or I'm ignoring him..I'll do some investigating and see what kind of threads and posts he's making lol..

I know for a fact that there are thugs who by law are not allowed to own firearms browse around the forsale sections on gun fourms..they buy and most likely sell there stolen Guns on fourms.. there is so much that the administrator can do so it is up to the buyer/seller to be very careful..

I agree with you there! I have had one member here on this very forum who I will not name that only has about 12 posts so far contact me to purchase a rifle I had for sell some time back. I had bad vibes from his contacts and just decided not to deal with him at all for my own safety. Be aware, and be vigilant!

Top Bottom