Had Enough?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Personally...I'm so used to being lied to by politicians that I believe NSA abuses are rampant. I think it's being done for all sorts of reasons...Including personal financial gain. Being able to know dirt on everyone is a very powerful weapon. J Edgar Hoover used his secret files on all politicians to blackmail them into doing what he wanted....Including making sure he stayed in office. So yes...I am fairly convinced that abuses are running rampant with this NSA policy of intercepting everyones communications.

=========
    http://www.ibtimes.com/nsa-admits-r...s-some-employees-spied-love-interests-1398055

The National Security Agency, or NSA, on Friday( on August 24 2013 10:17 AM), admitted to some instances over the last decade when its officials deliberately exceeded the NSA's surveillance authority.

"Very rare instances of willful violations of NSA's authorities have been found," the NSA said in a statement, according to the Associated Press.

The agency said those “instances” did not involve violations of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, and those involved were disciplined.

The "NSA takes very seriously allegations of misconduct, and cooperates fully with any investigations -- responding as appropriate," the NSA statement said. "The NSA has zero tolerance for willful violations of the agency's authorities."

However, according to a Wall Street Journal report, the willful violations, which included cases where employees abused their power to spy on love interests, were not as rare as the NSA claims. Snooping on love interests was so prevalent, according to the report, employees gave the practice had a code name of its own.
    According to the U.S. officials, who were quoted by the Journal, the NSA employees referred to the practice as LOVEINT -- a short label for collecting intelligence from lovers. A handful of such cases, which involved NSA workers using the agency’s tracking systems to spy on their love interests, were reported in the last decade.

Earlier this week, the NSA's inspector general's office had briefed the Senate Intelligence Committee on the willful violations.

"The committee has learned that in isolated cases over the past decade, a very small number of NSA personnel have violated NSA procedures -- in roughly one case per year," Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the California Democrat who chairs the committee, said in a statement Friday.

Feinstein added that in most of these cases, the spying did not take place in the U.S., and the committee is reviewing the incidents.

"I have been informed by the NSA that disciplinary action has been taken, and I am reviewing each of these incidents in detail," Feinstein added.

Last week, officials admitted the NSA had violated privacy rules on nearly 3,000 occasions over a one-year period, and a secret FISA court ruling from 2001 that was declassified this week showed the agency had collected about 56,000 emails from Americans illegally.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    "I have been informed by the NSA that disciplinary action has been taken, and I am reviewing each of these incidents in detail," Feinstein added.

Well, there you go. All taken care of. Difi is going to look into each one. See, open the gubment back up, and things get taken care of for us. :eek3:

81HarleyRydr

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Maybe time to flip the flag boys and girls. It looks like this once great country is headed straight to hell in a oversized had basket.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Actually the NSA director came out admitting he lied about all that, and nothing has really been connected to any of their data mining and abuse.

Right; but THIS TIME, he said that his department didn't collect the 70 million French e-mails as reported/leaked like the last time. ;)

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Right; but THIS TIME, he said that his department didn't collect the 70 million French e-mails as reported/leaked like the last time. ;)
    You're responding to a post I made 7 days ago, and much has changed since then. You'll have to be more specific than "this time" - I'm not entirely sure I know what you're talking about right now.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know about the latest... I was just pointing out that you're bring a week-old comment into current context, which doesn't make sense, and it irrelevant.

Well thanks!

I suppose I could have made the words, "THIS TIME" a hot link to the latest accusation of abuse by the NSA?!? I guess I figured since they are in the news in what seems like every week with a new and different allegation; there would/will be more; "THIS TIMES" a'comin down the pike. ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Snowden is literally a hero. I cannot believe how much info he was able to gather....it's amazing.

Let's be honest! He broke the law! He broke his companies policies! And he may or may not be a traitor. What is amazing is these revelations continue to surge forward and there is still no major uproar by the American people to do something meaningful and immediately to address this.

Like everything else in this world, we have to decide for ourselves if he is a hero or a traitor, because everyone of any authority that falls on one side of the other has an agenda.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Let's be honest! He broke the law! He broke his companies policies! And he may or may not be a traitor. What is amazing is these revelations continue to surge forward and there is still no major uproar by the American people to do something meaningful and immediately to address this.

Like everything else in this world, we have to decide for ourselves if he is a hero or a traitor, because everyone of any authority that falls on one side of the other has an agenda.

May or may not be a traitor? What makes you think he's a traitor?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    "I'm a federal agent! You know what that means, you lowlife mother******? It means you've got no rights; your a** is mine! I could kick your teeth down your throat and yank 'em out your a******, and I'm not even violating your civil rights." - FBI Special Agent Wayne Tarrance, The Firm

Fortunately, Mitch McDeer was wearing a wire at the time. Feds hate that, if its not their wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom