Hamas says long-term truce with Israel imminent

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Born4spd, cool! Good to see man.
    Was there something about those scriptures that you wanted to discuss or was questioning?

By the way, if you search on the internet the same way you did to try to find bible contradictions, you can easily find the explanations of all those verses and how they are being taken out of context to make them appear to contradict. You can also search and find the explanation of the verses taken in context the way they were meant to be.

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    So me posting a few bible scripture gets under your skin. What harm am I doing by posting such things. If my beliefs were in any way going to harm another then sure, shut me up. If it's meant to help someone (if that's not you then use your mouse to move on) the what's so wrong with it.

Have you ever seen me complain on any thread about the foul language or especially the using of Gods name in vain? That tends to offend me, but I don't complain about it on the thread, I just move on to another thread.
    See how easy that can be, but you (like most of the world) want to silence a Christian. That also tells me what you stand for. ;)

Help = recruit

recruit= convince weak or weakened people that they are too weak to carry the burdens of their lives and that a magical man whom is all good and all powerful and all knowing can help them with those burdens. But that thing/man/woman/god has a special set of rules you must follow or he will cast you into eternal damnation for eternity for your "sins". That this thing gives you free will to choose what path you want, but knows what path you will take before you take it, and creates you knowing which choice you will make. Therefore, he creates you with that free will that you will exercise (and he know it) and then you will be punished for eternity for the decisions that you make that he knew you would, by the way he loves you ;) Since he is "perfect" when things don't go your way you can claim that it wasn't gods will, and when things go your way you have been "blessed". It's a win win for the invisible, infallible, unprovable, all powerful, perfect guy. I really feel anger toward those who feel it is their duty to spread this societal disease called religion to more people. You take advantage of the weak, you unite them in a chorus of ignorance singing the praises of something you think you understand, but if you were correct in your belief you couldn't possibly.

Exodus 7:22 and Pharaoh's heart was hardened

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Was there something about those scriptures that you wanted to discuss or was questioning?

By the way, if you search on the internet the same way you did to try to find bible contradictions, you can easily find the explanations of all those verses and how they are being taken out of context to make them appear to contradict. You can also search and find the explanation of the verses taken in context the way they were meant to be.

Duh, if the bible appears to contradict itself you're reading it wrong.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Help = recruit

recruit= convince weak or weakened people that they are too weak to carry the burdens of their lives and that a magical man whom is all good and all powerful and all knowing can help them with those burdens. But that thing/man/woman/god has a special set of rules you must follow or he will cast you into eternal damnation for eternity for your "sins". That this thing gives you free will to choose what path you want, but knows what path you will take before you take it, and creates you knowing which choice you will make. Therefore, he creates you with that free will that you will exercise (and he know it) and then you will be punished for eternity for the decisions that you make that he knew you would, by the way he loves you ;) Since he is "perfect" when things don't go your way you can claim that it wasn't gods will, and when things go your way you have been "blessed". It's a win win for the invisible, infallible, unprovable, all powerful, perfect guy. I really feel anger toward those who feel it is their duty to spread this societal disease called religion to more people. You take advantage of the weak, you unite them in a chorus of ignorance singing the praises of something you think you understand, but if you were correct in your belief you couldn't possibly.

Exodus 7:22 and Pharaoh's heart was hardened

Beings I have free will and I make my own choices in life, I don't blame God for the troubles that come in my life. I realize He doesn't want me to make some of the free will choices I make/have made, But they were my choice and I have to deal with the consequences (not blame God) ;) It's not Gods will for someone to take a large amount of drugs, but if that person does it they have to deal with the end result. No possible way to see God as the blame for such, unless one is trying to fault God for their choice. Happens alot in this country, "It wasn't my Fault", and this country believes them.
    Coming from someone that has said all catholics are Christians, I don't take any of what you say for anything more than a laugh.

Good, I don't care much for those who spread religion also. Jesus saves, not religion! ;)
    And look at the plagues that Pharaoh had to endure for that hard "unrepentant" heart! Bet he wished he had a 2nd go at it, too late.

I see you don't have that same discipline as I do when I'm offended by a thread.
    And by the way, i'm not trying to recruit anyone, Just informing who ever chooses to read it. Unlike some "religions", Christianity doesn't condone or practice "convert or die"! :)

Last edited:

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield

Oh i get it, we can only do that with the Koran, my bad :rolleyes:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Catholics ARE christians.

2 words.

Mental illness. How does free will work with that?

If you believe that what you are spreading isn't religion then you are very misguided

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Oh i get it, we can only do that with the Koran, my bad :rolleyes:

I personally don't read it. Not sure of many Christians that do. When a group says "You" have to convert to their beliefs or else they will kill you, I don't think people of any intelligence will have a problem understanding that it's not of God nor a good group to be a part of. ;)

2 words.

Mental illness. How does free will work with that?

1 word, Inbreed.
    And you don't think the parents choices in there lives have consequences on their children that are born. So if you play with lead for a good bit of your life, you think problems may be able to be passed to your children? Ever seen a new born crack baby? Yeah, blame God for human mistakes. No mother lives in a pure air bubble from the time they conceive till the time they give birth to a child.

If you believe that what you are spreading isn't religion then you are very misguided
    I'm spreaading Jesus and I'm guided by the one that'll judge me, I don't have a problem with that!

Not all of them. And not all Christians are catholic. Sounds like you may be misguided. It's not about being in a denomination that makes a person a Christian. If you don't realize that than you are misguided.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I personally don't read it. Not sure of many Christians that do. When a group says "You" have to convert to their beliefs or else they will kill you, I don't think people of any intelligence will have a problem understanding that it's not of God nor a good group to be a part of.

Nice play, Now if i were to find a quote from the bible or anywhere else about conversion by force, you would simply say that they are not true christians.

You play chess?

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Hitler had 5 million Jews exterminated. Don't worry it was all part of god's plan ;)

Hitler made a personal choice. It wasn't Gods choice. Hitler also "claimed" to be a Christian and associated himself with the catholic religion.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

How more clear can God be! ;) You're putting words in Gods mouth.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    I personally don't read it. Not sure of many Christians that do. When a group says "You" have to convert to their beliefs or else they will kill you, I don't think people of any intelligence will have a problem understanding that it's not of God nor a good group to be a part of.

Nice play, Now if i were to find a quote from the bible or anywhere else about conversion by force, you would simply say that they are not true christians.

You play chess?

Keep looking in the Bible, it's a good place for you to be in, but you want find that.
    So you think I should want to take the life of those that don't believe what I do? Now I clearly can see that that isn't at all in line with God or basic goodness. Not playing anything, Just have some people who don't understand much, so they turn to underhandedness and deception. :)

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I personally don't read it. Not sure of many Christians that do. When a group says "You" have to convert to their beliefs or else they will kill you, I don't think people of any intelligence will have a problem understanding that it's not of God nor a good group to be a part of. ;)

I'm spreaading Jesus and I'm guided by the one that'll judge me, I don't have a problem with that!

JESUS IS A RELIGIOUS FIGURE and you are preaching what you believe in WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE RELIGION. You claim to be guided by someone else, but didn't you just say you were responsible for your own actions? Which is it? Are you responsible for your actions or are you simply Gods little guided missal?

Not all of themincorrect. And not all Christians are catholicCorrect. Sounds like you may be misguided incorrect. It's not about being in a denomination that makes a person a Christian If a person is in a christian denomination and believes in it, then yes, it does.. If you don't realize that than you are misguided. (the pot can't call the stainless cookware black, it just doesn't work that way.)

I'm sure that in some ways I am misguided/ misinformed, but in calling catholics (who are christians by definition) "christians" I am not.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Originally Posted by Rainman

JESUS IS A RELIGIOUS FIGURE and you are preaching what you believe in WHICH JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE RELIGION. You claim to be guided by someone else, but didn't you just say you were responsible for your own actions? Which is it? Are you responsible for your actions or are you simply Gods little guided missal?

Jesus is God who came to earth as man, Jesus is the Savior, not a religious figure. The pope is a religious figure.
    I, like anyone, can make choices that God wouldn't want us to do. I have a choice to make when I know what God would want me to do. The choice isn't always easy, I've even delayed on doing things He's wanted me to do. He doesn't love me any less. God will get done what He want's done reguardless if one Christian misses doing it. He will have another Christian do it.

Not all of them. Correct And not all Christians are catholicCorrect. Glad you know this. Because Jesus is the door to Heaven, not a church group. Sounds like you are misguided. It's not about being in a denomination that makes a person a Christian If a person is in a Christian denomination and believes in it, then yes, it does.. If you don't realize that than you are misguided. (the pot can't call the stainless cookware black, it just doesn't work that way.)

The catholic religion started with the Romans (Roman catholic), not with Jesus and His Disciples. So you are correct, (pot can't call the s/s cookware black) you can't call Jesus and His 1st church (disciples/1st followers/Christians) Romans when they were clearly Jewish, which is what started Christianity, Jesus. And God's word clearly says He offers it to Gentiles (one who is not Jewish).

I'm sure that in some ways I am misguided/ misinformed, but in calling catholics (who are christians by definition) "christians" I am not.

I'm glad you are putting it out there for all to see your lack of knowledge.
    A Christian is a Jesus Christ follower, accepting Him and trusting in their salvation through what He has done for all.
    catholic is a member of a denomination. Christianity was started through Jesus Christ by God (by giving us all the free gift of eternal life by accepting Jesus for what He has done), catholic denomination wasn't started until several hundred years after Jesus' resurrection, by Romans no less. Jesus and His 1st church (the Disciples, Jesus followers) are Jewish, not Roman. ;)
    Romans actually murdered Christians for a long time. Sounds like a good group to start Christianity :rolleyes:
    So I guess deceived and misguided are the same meaning.

The thing that you should know is that satan often mimics what God/Jesus does to deceive people, partial truths. he's doing a good job at deception with many.
    If I were pointing anyone to a denomination group then you would have a good reason to want me to keep silent. But just like alot of the world, Jesus isn't liked! There's even proof here. Thanks

Last edited:

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    The thing that I get a laugh from is that the very one that has a problem with me posting scripture from Gods word in my threads, and also with me trying to offer Jesus to people... Is the very one who is "trying" to tell me what Christianity/a Christian is. That should sum it up. ;)

gb & B4s, anyone else also, just know that i'm not trying to offend anyone (just trying to help, if you don't feel you need/want it, someone else may), but I will defend my threads, especially against false info.

Last edited:

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    You are too wrapped up in your "truth" to even see your way to reason. This conversation is indeed fun. Can you whip out any more arguemnts as to why a religious group whose main tenant is that Jesus of Nazareth was the virgin born son of god, and believes in the same bible (yours does omit a chapter or two and has updated language) isn't a christian group? I never said they were first, I know Catholicism was established centuries after the death of The historic religious figure "JESUS".

YOU believe, I do not. You can not prove that JEsus was the son of god, you can not prove that your religion is the only way to heaven, you can't even prove that there is a heaven, you can't convince me that there is a god that loves us and would send us to a hell for an eternity for a mere lifetime of mistakes. Without your bible you can't prove anything but what you believe and feel, and in the end that is all that religion is. You sir, with or without realizing it have become a religious fanatic.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    YOU believe, I do not. You can not prove that JEsus was the son of god, you can not prove that your religion is the only way to heaven, you can't even prove that there is a heaven, you can't convince me that there is a god that loves us and would send us to a hell for an eternity for a mere lifetime of mistakes. Without your bible you can't prove anything but what you believe and feel, and in the end that is all that religion is. You sir, with or without realizing it have become a religious fanatic.

Burbon, just admit that you are a religious bigot and that you know nothing of what you speak and that will clear up a lot of this "conversation." Making a bunch of incorrect statements and then railing against them is really not serving a purpose for anyone.

Let's address the biggest ones first:
    1) God does not "send" anyone to Hell for "a mere lifetime of mistakes." Everyone is going to sin plenty often enough, and there isn't anyone who is going to get out of this life without racking up plenty of sins. It doesn't matter. You and I and everyone else is forgiven their sins by the death of Jesus Christ. The only way to get yourself to Hell is by accepting and then rejecting Jesus as your savior.

2) Christianity really isn't about "feeling" at all. It is much more about what is Right and Wrong and recognizing the difference between the two and then undergoing the never-ending pursuit to do the Right thing to better both yourself and those around you. Belief is not exclusive to religion by any means. Many things in science are based on "belief" in the sense that they cannot be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. Most of physics is based on things which we believe, but cannot definitely show to be true. And you have a belief in something as the absolute highest "power" you answer to, whether it be money, your family, or your own arrogance to believe that you have any significance in the greater scheme of things.

3) You likely classify anyone with any religious belief as a "religious fanatic." Again, you are a "fanatic" yourself; it's just that you may not even know what it is, and I would not presume to tell you. There is something in your life that you work towards above everything else, and you are, by definition, "fanatical" towards that thing.

Maybe one day you will come to the realization that there are quite a number of things much more powerful and important than yourself, perhaps not. Until then, be careful to demean people who you have so much in common with. ;)

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    You are too wrapped up in your "truth" to even see your way to reason. This conversation is indeed fun. Can you whip out any more arguemnts as to why a religious group whose main tenant is that Jesus of Nazareth was the virgin born son of god, and believes in the same bible (yours does omit a chapter or two and has updated language) isn't a christian group? I never said they were first, I know Catholicism was established centuries after the death of The historic religious figure "JESUS".

So am I trying to tell anyone that "I" am the one to follow, NO. Follow Jesus. It's not my truth, it's Gods. Why would I want to see your reasoning? I'm gonna follow God's reasoning. And look at what He says on the matter, Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Simple enough for you? If you have a problem believing God you'll have to take that up with Him. I don't have a problem believing God on what His word says.

It's not "my" religion, it's Jesus Christ the Savior and look at what He says on the matter, John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. All the proof a person needs, but some don't believe Gods word. God has made a way and wishes that NONE should perish, but all would come to repentance and have eternal life. Some don't believe Him.
    Gods word is all I need, I certainly wouldn't listen to you for my eternal well being. I have become a Holy Spirit filled Christian, and wish you understood and had that also. Wasn't very long ago that I didn't feel the need for God in my life and didn't understand the Gospel of Jesus. Only trying to spread what i've found out.

One thing that i've learned is that no one or no deception can ever come up against Gods word, it quickly finds them/it out.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008

Bourbon is not the only person I have some disagreements with on this subject.

However, I also 'slightly' agree with some of his thoughts too.

Let me clarify something.

all catholics are christians. all christians are not catholics. all all Catholics are christians and Christians, but not all catholics are Christians. On that note as well though, not all christians are Christians.

I won't lie. I am a catholic, but I am not a Catholic. There are many things that I do and how I live my life that the Church disagrees with me on, I am a christian, but I am not a Christian. I am in the sense that I accept Jesus and God's teaching, I have simply chosen not to follow all of them.....not exactly a good thing, but I am working on it.

I hope that you noticed the accentuation there. you have christians, and then you have Christians. You have catholics, and then you have Catholics.

How can I prove that God exists? I cannot, nor can anyone, truelly prove to someone who does not feel his presence in their heart the existance of God.

But what I can do is utilize science. Please explain, (and trust me, sorry, but you cannot) how we evolved, unless you choose to utilize the idea of intelligent design.

We should all understand by now the differance between micro evolution and macro evolution. Micro is a fish with usable eyes going into a cave, and generations later, whenever that fishes great grandchildren have baby fry, they don't have eyes that work. Macro evolution is when a gorilla gives birth to a homo-sapien.

So, we have no proof of macro evolution, but, even if we could prove it (and I am not saying that it does not exists, I do believe that it does but it takes and extremely long period of observation of the right species in the right climate and the right circumstances), the entire idea of macro evolution defies the very laws of physics and nature that we rely on to prove evolution, the big bang, string theory etc.

The major law that most scientists try to ignore in these theories, even though they can NEVER be ignored for any scientific experiment. (try to solve a thermodynamic or combustion, or chemical reaction problem without it) is entropy. Entropy is the force or idea behind all things that requires work in order for something to increase to a higher level. Without it, all things will de-evolve to a lower level state. That is, unstable compounds will break apart to form stable compounds, hydrocarbons burn to form more stable O2, CO2, and other simple compounds (hydrocarbons are complex) rivers flow downhill,

the entire idea of evolution directly contradicts this fundamental law of physics and nature. If we also try and abide by other laws of physics, such as energy neither being created or destroyed, only transformed, and with evolution creating a more complex and higher level organism (which means less chaos and thus more energy)....then something is not adding up here......If you have no life, then without the outside introduction of energy to create life, you will not have life spontaneously created.

Top Bottom