Has anyone heard anything about JBE making antigun exec orders?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I think that damage can be done surreptitiously and collaterally. Look at what that complete moron Marc Morial did in New Orleans. We had SHOT SHOW here in Louisiana! :awais: SHOT SHOW! :awais: And this imbecile made them leave because of his phony anti gun stance and lawsuit against the gun industry!

Other ways, tax ammo (he do love taxes!), discontinue 2nd amendment tax holiday's (which he probably will anyway because he is a tax parasite), and little gambits here and there in the name of public safety.

Didn't they almost do away with the last 2nd Amendment holiday but ended up changing their mind?

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I heard that he's eyeing the conceal carry laws, but only a rumor that I can't verify. Anyone hear this or know something for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    It must be remembered that a Gov cannot do anything without the Legislature. We have a lot of protection of our gun rights that was enacted by Jindel and the Legislature a couple years ago. It would take a heap of work to undo that piece of legislation.

Yes, JBE has flopped on virtually every position he took while campaigning. Yes, I feel he will be a one term gov. Yes, I regret voting for him but I still would not have voted for Vitter. A local DA and I went over his entire term of office. His no shows out numbered the days he was there. His lack of votes on critical issues out numbered the times he votes for anything. Vitter was a do nothing Senator and that is what cost him the election. People were not for JBE. They were against Vitter.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It must be remembered that a Gov cannot do anything without the Legislature. We have a lot of protection of our gun rights that was enacted by Jindel and the Legislature a couple years ago. It would take a heap of work to undo that piece of legislation.

Yes, JBE has flopped on virtually every position he took while campaigning. Yes, I feel he will be a one term gov. Yes, I regret voting for him but I still would not have voted for Vitter. A local DA and I went over his entire term of office. His no shows out numbered the days he was there. His lack of votes on critical issues out numbered the times he votes for anything. Vitter was a do nothing Senator and that is what cost him the election. People were not for JBE. They were against Vitter.

Lets hope JBE is a do nothing governor!

waffmaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    JBE was a precious gift to Obama, who just got some more validation with another Democratic governor under his tenure.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I hope all those Republicans that did not vote or voted for Edwards will enjoy giving an extra 1% of almost everything they purchase the rest of their lives to Edwards' social programs. One of his first acts was to increase the state sales tax 25%!! Louisiana is now 1st in the nation with average sales tax rates! http://thestc.com/STrates.stm

Who in their right mind would retire or relocate here now? Our downward spiral has just accelerated.

Last edited:

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I hope all those Republicans that did not vote or voted for Edwards will enjoy giving an extra 1% of almost everything they purchase the rest of their lives to Edwards' social programs. Louisiana is now 1st in the nation with average sales tax rates! http://thestc.com/STrates.stm

Who in their right mind would retire or relocate here now? Our downward spiral has just accelerated.

Couldn't agree more. I never thought that I would actually want to leave my beloved home state, but for what I pay in taxes, I don't get a fair return. My money can go much further in other southern states.

Top Bottom