Hawthorne police kill dog while arresting dog's owner for video recording them

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    The officers were apparently upset because the music coming form Rosby’s car was too loud and he didn’t immediately turn the volume down.

*It’s distracting the officers. It’s interfering with what they are able to hear,* Hawthorne Police Lt. Scott Swain reportedly said. *It’s not just a party call. It’s an armed robbery call. The officers need to hear what’s going on with the people being called out of the residence. That music in his car is bleeding over and it’s distracting them.*

*Apparently this isn’t the first time that Rosby has had issues with the local police. His prior record includes convictions for resisting arrest, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, a black man, has filed six complaints alleging mistreatment and racial profiling by the Hawthorn Police,* the Daily Mail notes.
    *There’s been a pattern of harassment against him and other African-Americans in Hawthorne. Last July, the police responded to his home and beat him unnecessarily, then threw him in jail for no reason. We sued for that,* Gulden, Rosby’s attorney, said.
    "More to the story" you say? Say it ain't so...

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Another thing to remember here is there was a MF'N HOSTAGE STANDOFF WITH SWAT RIGHT BEHIND THIS...

This wasn't a random BS harrass some clown on the street call.

The police were not about to **** around with this guy and his damn dog.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    The important facts...the dude was interfering with a crime scene/investigation for no good reason. His arrest/detainment was completely warranted. Putting the dog in the car with the windows down is about the same as not putting him in the car at all. The dog was aggressive towards the officers. Even so the officer made attempts to get the dog under control. It didn't work so he put the dog down to prevent bodily harm to himself or other officers.

That's all that matters. Saying what could or should have been done without being there is silly. I bet looking back even the officer may have liked to do something differently, that's the beauty of hindsight. But at that moment, on that day, at that scene he did what he did based on his experience, training and instincts and I'd say all things considered it turned out as well as it could.

Thank you!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Seriously- I have no patience for this level of stupidity.

Should someone really have to be TOLD bringing a large dog- or THEMSELVES- in spitting distance of something like this IS A REALLY BAD IDEA??

Not exactly shocking that this guy seems to have "crummy luck" with the local authorities...:dogkeke:

Just more broken record BS...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He looked for trouble and it cost him. This irresponsible dog owner got his own dog killed.

-First thing the Shooting Officer did was quickly react to the situation by grabbing the other Officers GUN! while likely telling him not to shoot.
    -The Shooting Officer then attempted to grab the leash twice while 7 seconds passed. On his last attempt to grab the leash the dog lunged at his arm and he instinctively pulled the trigger. I think the dog actually made contact with his arm.

This guy should have never been out there. You have to be more responsible than that especially if you're toting a big ass Rot around. If you stop to film car crashes, police investigations etc etc, you put yourself in a situation all on your own accord. You raise the stakes when you stop what you'd otherwise would have been doing 'TO BE NOSEY'.

Would I have rathered the Taser been out? Of course.

Would I have rathered this guy be more responsible and properly restrain his dog? Absolutely.

He’s got a right to be nosey and to be somewhere he is legally allowed to be. But if your own ambitions get you in trouble, there’s no one to blame but the man in the mirror.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    SoHXZSH.png

Exactly! This^ is all that matters! :mamoru:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Another example- though not the same circumstances; a double dose. Was this guy for real??? What did he expect? He made no effort to restrain, whatsoever. Here is the result:

***SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC- DON'T WATCH IF A DOG GETTING SHOT OFFENDS YOU***

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    If I go to jail for shooting a barking dog, that cop needs to lose his badge. Clearly not justified. Clearly out of line.

Scared my ass, he did that to punish the dude. What goes around tends to come around though, he'll get his eventually.

When did you watch the video?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    If the skirt fits, you wear it. I guess some people just weren't cool in high school, so they feel they get a second chance here.

Is that why you're cheerleading? I just don't see the point, you came into a thread to cheer someone on about making fun of people who cheer people on. Are you trolling for confrontation on the Internet?

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    It's an animal, and it's instinct to protect their owner from a stranger goes beyond any form of logical thought. They don't know how to distinguish police officers from criminals, all they know is the negative feeling they are receiving from the person interfering with their space or owner. Ultimately as dog owners we should all know that and keep our animals responsibly out of these situations. I would have shot and killed every single dog in these situations.

We've killed plenty (with cans on of course) in country that give away our positions as we insert into objectives and hit houses.

Veed, all of that "uncool" and high school business is quite unnecessary.

Bang bang bang.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    It's an animal, and it's instinct to protect their owner from a stranger goes beyond any form of logical thought. They don't know how to distinguish police officers from criminals, all they know is the negative feeling they are receiving from the person interfering with their space or owner. Ultimately as dog owners we should all know that and keep our animals responsibly out of these situations. I would have shot and killed every single dog in these situations.

Yep. I know it's a cliche'- and I hate cliche's- but common sense isn't common, anymore. I think that phrase applies here....:dunno:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

I'm going to Hell for this one. :(

I may as well join you and help you run that red f**ker outta there. :dogkeke:

01:20 - 01:23 MUST BE AUTO-TUNED. And that's all I'm gonna say. :)

Paintball??? :D

Last edited:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    You know, when you contaminate a crime scene with stupidity...you get arrested. There is an actual charge for that.
    When you don't properly secure a potentially vicious animal such as a rottweiler and it attacks....others on the recieving end of the dog's tirate will react..and sometimes the way that cop did. Ever been chased by a rott? You don't want to. One can also get in trouble for not securing a potentially dangerous animal.....especially in that scenario. My dog is my buddy and not a trophy or means to intimidate or scare anyone. My dog will defend me if I'm being harmed. If I'm being rushed by an animal that can overpower me ten fold...and I'm armed.....I'm not going to hope its not gonna kill me. We all know when a dog like that means business. Just sayin.......

Top Bottom