HB494

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    The Criminal Justice Committee will have another hearing on this May 6 at 9:30am at the state capitol. Please show up and give your support if you can.

markwofford

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I believe this is an important bill to support and to help pass. Not having this, is one less freedom taken/ controlled by the Govt. Several States have "Constitutional Carry," some for a considerable amount of time. It has passed more recently in other States and I'm unaware of any major issues with it in any State, so why not here? Particularly, given the passage of our "strict scrutiny," of all possible States to have (not "allow," but to HAVE) "Constitutional Carry," it should be LA. The Govt. should not be an entity ALLOWING the citizens rights, it should be PROCTECTING their inalienable rights.

The issue of the State loosing $$$ over the passage should NEVER be a consideration. Is that what people want? Give up freedom for money that goes into the State fund???? Concealed carry should have nothing to do with being a revenue source/ profit generation. If anything, it should be budget neutral or the cost should be absorbed from other State funds! The representatives have a purpose of protecting the citizens and providing for them, but I don't believe it should be to collect money at the cost of freedom.

I work tomorrow and cannot possibly make it. However, I would strongly encourage anyone to go, if they can. As well, I hope everyone would support this. Why NOT have as much freedom as we can get? Gun laws are constantly put up to take away or control. This is another rare opportunity to gain back lost ground.

Freedom shouldn't be pick-and-choose.

Mark

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I am delighted to hear that this bill is up for further review.. Is there a particular reason why? Fingers crossed that it makes it to the polling station, let the citizens decide.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I believe this is an important bill to support and to help pass. Not having this, is one less freedom taken/ controlled by the Govt. Several States have "Constitutional Carry," some for a considerable amount of time. It has passed more recently in other States and I'm unaware of any major issues with it in any State, so why not here? Particularly, given the passage of our "strict scrutiny," of all possible States to have (not "allow," but to HAVE) "Constitutional Carry," it should be LA. The Govt. should not be an entity ALLOWING the citizens rights, it should be PROCTECTING their inalienable rights.

The issue of the State loosing $$$ over the passage should NEVER be a consideration. Is that what people want? Give up freedom for money that goes into the State fund???? Concealed carry should have nothing to do with being a revenue source/ profit generation. If anything, it should be budget neutral or the cost should be absorbed from other State funds! The representatives have a purpose of protecting the citizens and providing for them, but I don't believe it should be to collect money at the cost of freedom.

I work tomorrow and cannot possibly make it. However, I would strongly encourage anyone to go, if they can. As well, I hope everyone would support this. Why NOT have as much freedom as we can get? Gun laws are constantly put up to take away or control. This is another rare opportunity to gain back lost ground.

Freedom shouldn't be pick-and-choose.

Mark

+1
    Could not agree with you more!

markwofford

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm certain it has been mentioned elsewhere, but here is a list of the Louisiana Criminal Justice Committee (from NRA email):

They can be emailed or called directly. As well, messages can be left for all state Representatives at the state Capitol during the week by calling (225) 342-6945.

House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee:

Rep. Joe Lopinto (R-Metairie), Chairman
    504-838-5430
    Lopintoj@legis.la.gov

Rep. Helena Moreno (D-New Orleans), Vice-Chairman
    504-568-2740
    Morenoh@legis.la.gov

Rep. Bryan Adams (R-Gretna)
    504-361-6013
    Adamsb@legis.la.gov

Rep. Austin Badon (D-New Orleans)
    504-243-7783
    Larep100@legis.la.gov

Rep. Terry Brown (I-Colfax)
    855-261-6566
    Browntr@legis.la.gov

Rep. Roy Burrell (D-Shreveport)
    318-676-7137
    Larep002@legis.la.gov

Rep. Mickey Guillory (D-Eunice)
    337-457-0194
    Larep041@legis.la.gov

Rep. Chris Hazel (R-Pineville)
    318-767-6082
    Hazelc@legis.la.gov

Rep. Valarie Hodges (R-Denham Springs)
    225-791-2199
    Hodgesv@legis.la.gov

Rep. Dalton Honore (D-Baton Rouge)
    225-771-5674
    Honored@legis.la.gov

Rep. Frank Howard (R-Many)
    318-256-4135
    Howardf@legis.la.gov

Rep. Terry Landry (D-New Iberia)
    337-373-9380
    Landryt@legis.la.gov

Rep. Sherman Mack (R-Livingston)
    225-686-3887
    Macks@legis.la.gov

Rep. Barbara Norton (D-Shreveport)
    318-632-5887
    Nortonb@legis.la.gov

Rep. Steven Pylant (R-Winnsboro)
    318-435-7313
    Pylants@legis.la.gov

Rep. Ebony Woodruff (D-Harvey)
    504-361-6972
    Woodruffe@legis.la.gov

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Do you all typically email each rep. individually or blind copy all at same time with a generic statement such as:

Dear Representative,

Statement about why you are in favor of hb494.

It seems like you could forward a good generic statement to other people you know that support the 2nd Amendment with the list of rep. email addresses so more people could send it out to them since not everyone has the time to call or send out personal emails, but I'm not sure if the reps. would just start instantly deleting them if they received the same generic message from many people.

Thoughts?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Both. Sometimes I like them to SEE that I've also e-mailed all their peers.

We also create templates as needed, but nothing official.

The main thing is to keep it respectful but relay the message that you ARE watching
    and you ARE paying attention.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why doesn't anyone state the obvious for this being passed out of this committee?

The question to go before the state's voters should not be decided by 16 Legislators!

Top Bottom