HB494

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Is there a list of how each member voted? Curious which members voted for/against this, especially ones that count on my vote next time around...

Just a heads up on Lopinto's vote. After he voted yes everyone laughed and he said something to the effect of I just had to do it while laughing himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Now you guys tell me; does this vote look like they wanted to seriously and fairly consider ending that cash cow?

Remember: Gun on hip in plain view = No formal training, no money to government! Gun under shirt = Several hundred dollars, Formal training, live fire exercise, finger prints, mug shot, data base, NICS background, No DUI offense, no mental health issue, can be taken for several reasons, etc.

(Constitutional Amendment) Provides that the right to keep and bear arms includes the right to carry a concealed
    handgun without a permit or license
    Motion made by:
    Motion:
    Vote:
    Vote Date:
    Adams, Bryan
    Favorably
    1-12
    5/6/2014 12:54:59 PM
    Lopinto, Joseph P. Yea
    Adams, Bryan Nay
    Badon, Austin Nay
    Brown, Terry R. Nay
    Burrell, Roy Nay
    Guillory, Mickey J. Nay
    Hazel, Lowell C. "Chris" Nay
    Honoré, Dalton Nay
    Landry, Terry Nay
    Mack, Sherman Q. Nay
    Norton, Barbara M. Nay
    Pylant, Steve E. Nay
    Woodruff, Ebony Nay

Can you say; pre-determined fate?

Last edited:

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Empty holsters? Come on guys, really?
    The empty holsters were worn by the La Open Carry Advocates who drove down from Monroe. La Open Carry Awareness League was there, without holsters and dressed the part. Just saying.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Were the empty holster people the same ones as the ones that were sloppily dressed? Was it all one group that showed up, or a bunch of individuals?

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Remember: Gun on hip in plain view = No formal training, no money to government! Gun under shirt = Several hundred dollars, Formal training, live fire exercise, finger prints, mug shot, data base, NICS background, No DUI offense, no mental health issue, can be taken for several reasons, etc.

I'd be weary of pointing that out to them or else they'll want to make a permit for that as well....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'd be weary of pointing that out to them or else they'll want to make a permit for that as well....

I think they know that open carry is really unpopular now, and not many partake. I also think they (as political grubs), want to keep the power of having the citizenry jump though their bureaucratic hoops of ********, and retain that data base.

They did pass the Bill that would allow THEM to carry places where us; the obviously incompetent citizenry trash bags, cannot. No elitism there!

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    It would be interesting to see how much the state actually makes off of concealed carry fees. I just can't imagine it they are making much from this "cash cow" after paying the workers who process these items.

If they are concerned about money, HB494 should have been looked at in a more serious manner, rather than laughed off like a joke. The passage of constitutional carry could actually have attracted more gun-related businesses (many of which are leaving states that are enforcing tougher gun laws) and 2nd amendment supporting citizens to the state. More business and people= much more money for the state.

It would also be helpful if one of the moderators could sticky a thread that keeps track of how our elected officials are voting in regard to 2nd amendment issues, so come voting time we can email the names and voting history of these individuals to other gun owners/supporters and decrease their chances of being re-elected.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It would be interesting to see how much the state actually makes off of concealed carry fees. I just can't imagine it they are making much from this "cash cow" after paying the workers who process these items.

No one said they cared about making a profit! In government; Surplus = Squander! ;)

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Who do you think is going to stop it?

That's my point. I was really wondering who you meant by NAME that is going to NOT vote for it to pass?

With the recent Pro 2A RTKBA Politicians we have now, and as seen in recent years with MANY Pro-Gun laws being passed,
    I find it hard to see where this will get stalled.

I'm really waiting to see the individual (STATE) restrictions for Class III items
    being dropped like our neighbors in Texas.

Now you guys tell me; does this vote look like they wanted to seriously and fairly consider ending that cash cow?

(Constitutional Amendment) Provides that the right to keep and bear arms includes the right to carry a concealed
    handgun without a permit or license
    Motion made by:
    Motion:
    Vote:
    Vote Date:
    Adams, Bryan
    Favorably
    1-12
    5/6/2014 12:54:59 PM
    Lopinto, Joseph P. Yea
    Adams, Bryan Nay
    Badon, Austin Nay
    Brown, Terry R. Nay
    Burrell, Roy Nay
    Guillory, Mickey J. Nay
    Hazel, Lowell C. "Chris" Nay
    Honoré, Dalton Nay
    Landry, Terry Nay
    Mack, Sherman Q. Nay
    Norton, Barbara M. Nay
    Pylant, Steve E. Nay
    Woodruff, Ebony Nay

Can you say; pre-determined fate?

Now we have a list.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Damn, if only everyone there would have gone to Joseph A Banks!
    http://www.josbank.com/menswear/sho...+h+banks&CAPCID=4675502551&CA_6C15C=686043673

Even Badon would have voted for it. Perhaps they would have mistaken us for legislators.

I think these guys skipped the Jos. A. Banks shopping trip.

qm2sqlau4e5isgfkv2s.jpg

markwofford

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Baton Rouge

If they are concerned about money, HB494 should have been looked at in a more serious manner, rather than laughed off like a joke. The passage of constitutional carry could actually have attracted more gun-related businesses (many of which are leaving states that are enforcing tougher gun laws) and 2nd amendment supporting citizens to the state. More business and people= much more money for the state.

It would also be helpful if one of the moderators could sticky a thread that keeps track of how our elected officials are voting in regard to 2nd amendment issues, so come voting time we can email the names and voting history of these individuals to other gun owners/supporters and decrease their chances of being re-elected.

This does not absolutely tell you what it cost the State, but the HB494 Fiscal Note (listed under "Notes") on the below page explains some:

https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/BillInfo.aspx?s=14RS&b=HB494&sbi=y

Here is a direct link to the document:

https://www.legis.la.gov/Legis/ViewDocument.aspx?d=884940&n=Fiscal Note - HB494 Original

As was stated in this document (if it passed), "Provides for submission of the proposed amendment to the voters at the statewide election to be held Nov. 4, 2014." So, instead of letting the WHOLE population of voters decide, a few committee members got to make this decision.

As stated by others in this thread... THIS committee wouldn't let it out to the voters, for fear of loosing a cash cow!

My question is... How did it pass in other States?

To me, this was a very important bill regarding firearms freedom. Louisiana SHOULD be one of the SEVERAL "Constitutional Carry States!"

Top Bottom