Here's your chance to get a motorcycle from St. Helena parish.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10shotgroup

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I know one letter being written to the Advocate letters to the editor asking them why they allowed the reporter to gloss over the fact the guy is completely wrong about his belief. And/or why they just left that fact hanging?

Now unlike a news story about a guy who believes that if he waits outside on his roof long enough a space ship will come and get him, this is an article or report that speaks to the governance or protection by an elected official over the citizenry he has made and oath to serve. When the news report omits the fact that the Sheriffs' belief is wrong to the letter of the law, they are misleading the public interest in that reporting. Thus, by not refuting the assinine claim made by the sheriff they are implying that it is so or backing his claim as the way it is or should be.

By printing his words, they outed his stupidity. They showed everyone the joke that he is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    By printing his words, they outed his stupidity. They showed everyone the joke that he is.

Do you realize how many average people don't know what the gun laws are in their own backyard, much worse 2 or 3 or more Parishes away? I would bet you the majority of people who read this article will probably go away thinking that what he is saying is the law. At least there in St. Helena

And that is because the report conveniently or negligently left that rebuttle out. Wrong message no matter how you slice it!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    They're just trying to be impartial to the truth when it comes to the gun issue. :hahano:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Stay on Hwy 37 (Greenwell Springs Road) & drive all the way to LA Hwy 10 in Greensburg. Take a right on 10, and it's on the right about a block or so down on the right- @ Hwy 10 & Sitman Street.

I'm speechless that this man is actually a SHERIFF IN THE STATE OF LOUISIANA. But I guess this is what happens in a moron-majority society.....:dunno::dunno:

At any rate- I hope he gets sued into resignation over this crap. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

edit: Sorry Sniper....I see you're in NOLA. Just take I-55 north to the LA 10 exit, and head West right into the heart of Greensburg (about 8 miles, I think). :D

Yep head west and look for the folks washing cars on the left side of the street, you're there.

10shotgroup

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Do you realize how many average people don't know what the gun laws are in their own backyard, much worse 2 or 3 or more Parishes away? I would bet you the majority of people who read this article will probably go away thinking that what he is saying is the law. At least there in St. Helena

And that is because the report conveniently or negligently left that rebuttle out. Wrong message no matter how you slice it!

My point is, if I were a reporter and was told this stupidity by a public official, I couldn't wait to print it. That's the only way to win this argument. With his own words. This is exactly the reaction the reporter wanted. This stor only outrages voters. The portion of people that are indifferent to this story aren't usually s. La. Voters

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    “If somebody is out riding around with an assault weapon, that’s not protecting the neighborhood, that’s terrorizing the neighborhood,” Williams said.

That sums up the entire condition of our country. Nuff said

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    He does not "make up the law", he is the law! Just you remember that.

I got to tell you, as most of you know I am not generally a big fan of LEOs. My last bastion of hope for the LEO community was the sheriffs dept, hell I make it a point to waive to every one I see. This article is very discouraging to me. I am beginning to think a badge is like a drug, it goes straight to your head and makes you think you can do things you really can't.

Gunnut80

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Livingston
    "Assault rifle" in vehicle = jail!! WTH!!!!

St. Helena sheriff says arrests made

By FAIMON A. ROBERTS
    Advocate Florida parishes bureau
    Published: Jun 22, 2011 - Page: 1A

Comments (99)

Page 1 of 2
    SINGLE PAGE VIEW

Any residents of St. Helena Parish caught riding around the parish with assault weapons will be arrested, Sheriff Nat Williams warned Tuesday.

“As far as them riding around with an assault rifle, it will not be tolerated,” he said. “Somebody with an assault weapon is no different from a criminal and will be treated the same way.”

Some residents of the parish’s 6th Ward, angered by a rash of recent break-ins, have conducted informal patrols, sometimes while armed with AR-15 semiautomatic rifles, the civilian version of the U.S. military’s M-16.

“If somebody is out riding around with an assault weapon, that’s not protecting the neighborhood, that’s terrorizing the neighborhood,” Williams said.

“Anybody want to ride around their own community, that’s fine, call us,” Williams said. “But any assault weapons, they’re going to jail.”

Williams and other officials met with leaders of the ward’s newly formed Community Watch on Tuesday morning to let them know that those doing the patrolling did not need to be heavily armed.

“The meeting went well,” Williams said.

In a written statement, Williams said the meeting had “cleared up some misunderstanding and agreed on some policy matters that will guarantee a better working relationship.”

As for residents riding around with assault weapons, “We nipped that in the bud,” Williams said.

At least one of the patrollers, Alton Travis, said he had not heard that yet.

“Nobody’s told me anything about an assault rifle,” he said.

However, Travis said that calling the deputies was always the plan of those on patrol, and the guns were just for protection.

Calls to other leaders of the Community Watch program were not returned.

Top Bottom