Highpower Rifle clinic, may 25-26, Donaldsonville and Gonzales LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Ok, I have confirmed this date with those in power and it is a go for may, 24-25. I will post final details later today.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    You guys are in for a treat. Akajun knows his stuff and will no doubt put on an awesome clinic! If anyone going is on the bigger side (size +-52 coat), I have a shooting jacket/glove/ammo holder that you're welcome to borrow/trade/purchase.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Thanks ted, I'm going to get an official email notice to send out as well, if you , rick, and Mickey wouldn't mind

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I went to a clinic ages ago at Ft Polk, conducted by the USMC Rifle Team. The classroom part was outstanding, not to mention seeing the Marines "walk the walk" in the shooting stages. If I recall correctly, the classes included shooting positions (had each individual at the clinic get into the various positions, then the instructors offered improvements), use of the sling (found out I needed a longer sling than I currently had), contents of a shooter's kit ("what I bring to a match", and then alternatives [binoculars in place of scope, carpet scrap in place of shooting mat], and also how to properly clean and lubricate your weapon. The clinic I attended was time well spent and I urge everyone to take advantage of this offer.

That clinic was put on by Ken Roxborough, who was the commander of the team at the time. He has since retired and runs remington's shooting team and puts on a number of clinics still with Remington's team members, however they are more for mid level shooters looking to make the move to master and high master. I attended one at Camp Perry a few years ago and it really helped, soon after making master and going distinguished.
    You are correct, you can improvise and make due, buying a bit of equipment at a time. IN addition, the internet has really opened up the marketplace for used Shooting equipment, it used to be that if you outgrew your coat or stopped shooting, you were stuck with it, now its fairly easy to sell on sites like USrifleteams and Accurate shooter, which also helps new shooters starting out. In addition, most shooters will lend you things during the match days when they are in the pits or off relay, we are all about helping new guys and girls.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The cost will be free to LSA members, so 10$ To join if you are not already. Cost for adults 21 and up is 5$ for the use of the rifle and ammo will be available at a cost of $50 for 100 rds of .223 ammo. No other calibers will be provided so if you bring a garand or m1a you will need to provide your own ammo. The clinic and the match together will require 100 rds total. If you use an LSA rifle you can provide your own brass cased ammo , 55 gr or 62 gr ball ammo will suffice as we will only be shooting at 200 yds. It looks like we will be doing this may 24th and 25th.

Post #9 has it correct.
    Next is showing up at the right range on Sat. and Sunday.

Top Bottom