History Channel: TEOTWAWKI progam.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    For the ones out there that are not allegoric to Penicillin. You can acquire it at most Farm and Feed stores. I keep it on hand at all times for my Wolfs, and myself. The ones of us that live in the country and still have Water Well Windmills will have water. Have the two horses already and looking for a couple of Mules. Mules aren’t cheap.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA

Man I wouldn't be the right guy to ask you need to ask an actual doctor. I did however ask LeVieux for a list of general purpose antibiotics that have a long shelf life and are not temperature sensitive in a previous post and he supplied the info. You might want to look for it and if you don't have a doctor friend or if a doctor wouldn't be willing to actually write you a prescription for a request like that then you could always look up symptoms for what would warrant the prescribing of those meds and fake it. I however can't imagine you explaining your situation to a physician and asking for antibiotics and a dosing regiment if there was an emergency and him not obliging. Of course that wasn't covered in medical ethics first year and could be the topic of medical ethics in second year.

Hell I remember I casually stated that I was getting into competitive shooting and a physician asked if I wanted a prescription for Beta-Blockers. He then went on to inform me how they are utilized for olympic sharp shooter, archers, etc to damper sympathetic (fight or flight) response in competition. I in turn responded with I run around with 3 guns pretending the targets are zombies and release tension. He laughed and said well you don't need beta blockers for shooting zombies.

Last edited:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Man I wouldn't be the right guy to ask you need to ask an actual doctor. I did however ask LeVieux for a list of general purpose antibiotics that have a long shelf life and are not temperature sensitive in a previous post and he supplied the info. You might want to look for it and if you don't have a doctor friend or if a doctor wouldn't be willing to actually write you a prescription for a request like that then you could always look up symptoms for what would warrant the prescribing of those meds and fake it. I however can't imagine you explaining your situation to a physician and asking for antibiotics and a dosing regiment if there was an emergency and him not obliging. Of course that wasn't covered in medical ethics first year and could be the topic of medical ethics in second year.

Hell I remember I casually stated that I was getting into competitive shooting and a physician asked if I wanted a prescription for Beta-Blockers. He then went on to inform me how they are utilized for olympic sharp shooter, archers, etc to damper sympathetic (fight or flight) response in competition. I in turn responded with I run around with 3 guns pretending the targets are zombies and release tension. He laughed and said well you don't need beta blockers for shooting zombies.

You are royally screwing up your future with this post.

you could always look up symptoms for what would warrant the prescribing of those meds and fake it.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    You are royally screwing up your future with this post.

you could always look up symptoms for what would warrant the prescribing of those meds and fake it.

Well we all know people do it. I am not condoning it just stating if push comes to shove you have to do what you have to do. I think the important thing to consider is that drugs have many interactions that someone who isn't educated in that regard would not be aware of and possible deleterious effects.

So I guess I should have clarified that it is a better to be honest with your doctor and get what you need. However, if it comes down to taking penicillin for live stock or amoxicillin for fish just go to the doctor and do what you have to do.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    just saying,

you're the Med School student giving advice on how to falsify illness to get an Rx.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    just saying,

you're the Med School student giving advice on how to falsify illness to get an Rx.

LOL. Talk about inserting foot in mouth. I am not saying it in the sense that is something you should do. I just think it is a better idea than taking something made for fish or livestock.

In a hypothetical situation in which those were your only choices I would go with the first rather than the later. That was the problem it seemed I was presented with and out of those two choices I am sticking with my 1st answer.

From the perspective of a 1st year medical student, which is just above the hospital janitorial staff, if someone came to me in a perfectly calm state, not exhibiting paranoia or wearing a tin foil skull cap, and asked my opinion on the best general purpose antibiotic to have on them for an emergency situation and also wanted a prescription for that medication. I myself, with the current knowledge I have, which like previously stated isn't much, would write them the prescription.

However at this point I refer people to real doctors not wannabe bookworms.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom