Holy Crap....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Typically those guys hang out in damp, dark places. If it had bit you, you would KNOWN. You'd be in a world of pain and your centeal nervous system would be shutting down in time. They're as nasty as they come.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    No, I'm mostly just screwing with your head.;)

Mom's exboyfriend was bitten one year. He knew it immediately. No question.

On a serious note, I'd grab a flashlight and check under the desk at the corners though. Just to be sure.

LOL.....well I have checked under my desk and took everything off of it and checked around.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Typically those guys hang out in damp, dark places. If it had bit you, you would KNOWN. You'd be in a world of pain and your centeal nervous system would be shutting down in time. They're as nasty as they come.

I was bitten by a spider on my cheek one night when I was younger. I never knew it but the Dr. said it was a spider bite. I thought it was like some kind of pimple or something but it was sore. Not sure what kind it was but def not one that made my face rot off. It just had a sore blemish for a while.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Do you have the dead carcass?

Flip it on your bosses desk and demand an exterminator. :)

I work for myself and my father. I did take it down there and we looked at the dead thing. I put it in his garbage can under his desk and told him I was putting it there in case it decided to come back to life. :D

Bug man has been called.

Should we have called Billy the Exterminator? lol

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Do you have the dead carcass?

Flip it on your bosses desk and demand an exterminator. :)

A dealership I worked for a few years ago was infested with black and brown widows. Nobody believed us in the shop when we told them they were everywhere. That is until I stunned one big mutha with brake cleaner, put it in a ziploc bag and tossed it on the GM's desk, ALIVE! They had to fumigate the entire lot of new and used cars twice! They had been selling cars literally crawling with dozens of widows for weeks. :eek:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    A dealership I worked for a few years ago was infested with black and brown widows. Nobody believed us in the shop when we told them they were everywhere. That is until I stunned one big mutha with brake cleaner, put it in a ziploc bag and tossed it on the GM's desk, ALIVE! They had to fumigate the entire lot of new and used cars twice! They had been selling cars literally crawling with dozens of widows for weeks. :eek:

LOL, we ran out of wasp spray one day and I had to go in our shop banzai! style with brake cleaner. It'll knock em right out the air. :D

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    We have some pretty decent wasp spray at work . It'll kill a spider for sure . BUT , we have some spray degreaser called FORCE 100 . That **** will stop anything . One of the foremen killed a snake with it !!

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I work for myself and my father. I did take it down there and we looked at the dead thing. I put it in his garbage can under his desk and told him I was putting it there in case it decided to come back to life. :D

Bug man has been called.

Should we have called Billy the Exterminator? lol

You do know that killing a spider makes it rain....

:D

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We have some pretty decent wasp spray at work . It'll kill a spider for sure . BUT , we have some spray degreaser called FORCE 100 . That **** will stop anything . One of the foremen killed a snake with it !!

I would say I want to get some of that, but it will probably eat through my concrete foundation if I use it in the house....:mamoru:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I do not like spiders.
    Black%20Widow%20Spider%20lg.gif

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that. The thing that looks unorganized and schizophrenic is my wife's car. It's probably just as dangerous too.

I have always heard it, and I had to look it up to be sure...

cut and past..The black widow spider is a cobweb builder whose silk is very strong. The female constructs a web of crisscrossed silk threads with no recognizable pattern and with a dense area of silk, usually to one side, that serves as the spider�s daytime retreat.

taken from.. http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061A.html

bvfd920

Lost and confused....
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    37 posts in 3 hours. There are a lot of spider haters out there.

Now don't feel bad, cause I'm one too. As a matter of fact, I feel itchy now.

Yep....i'm just a hater of all things with more than 4 legs....gonna be extra careful when i uncover the grill tonight....will be performing a dynamic entry on the grill! Might be a full blown 3 gun match on my back patio if I see another black widow!! :D

Top Bottom