Homemade deer attractant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I mix some sweet feed in with the corn. Also maple syrup attracts them.
    Grape and red soda along with some old beers in a bucket of corn and water and allowed to ferment for about 2 weeks till it smells like the back of a garbage truck will really bring the hogs in. That and the sweetfeed and corn mixture. I've heard you can pour diesel over corn and the hogs will be attracted to it but the coons will leave it alone.
    The peanut butter trick works good too but it also attracts coons and 'possums.
    I had a huge hog beating the top off my hanging feeder butting its head on the bottom when I had the sweetfeed and corn mixture in there.

I have a buddy that swears he can pee in a deer scrape and the bucks will come running.
    I told him we will bottle his pee and sell it on the market. Should have a steady supply with all the beer he drinks.

Last edited:

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    Here is a mineral mix I picked up a couple of years ago . Works just the same as the big name mineral mixes for a little less cost . Prices may have changed a little . Feel free to use and distribute to friends .

WHITETAIL DEER HOMEMADE MINERAL MIX RECIPE
    1 Part Di-calcium phosphate, this is a dairy feed additive bought at feed stores.
    Comes in 50-lb bags at around $23.00 a bag. You need 1 bag.
    2 Parts A/D/E minerals . This is essential minerals with Vitamins, A, D, & E.
    Comes in 50-lb bags at $22.00 a bag. You need 2 bags.
    1 Part stock salt, ice cream salt, rock salt.
    Comes in 50-lb bags at $5.00 a bag. You need 1 bag.
    You can also add dried or granulated molasses for extra attractant power.
    Comes in 50-lb bags at $12.00 a bag. You need 1 bag.

Use a 3-lb coffee can or similar to use as a measure for each part of the mix.
    Mix altogether well but not until ready to use, keep ingredients separate until ready to put to use.
    Dig or tear up a circle in the soil about 36 inches in diameter and 6 inches deep.
    Mix your mineral mixture with the soil.
    Maintenance:
    Replenish in 6 months with fresh supply of mineral mixture, and then each year there after

Top Bottom