Homemade protein drinks??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbo

La CHP Instructor #468
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Alexandria
    Was wondering if anyone has a good recipe for a protein drink. The one's I've bought so far taste like crap. I'm 51 and about to go into the police academy in August and need to continue my effort to drop some weight (10-15 pounds) before then. I don't want to die in the first week. It's hard to cut down on the diet and would like to replace some of it with meal replacement. Also, was thinking about PX90. I'm no whipper snapper so if any of you older guys have used it and had luck (or not) give me a moment. Thanks.

mdluca1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    best bang for your buck is 52g gram protien from walmart. choclate add a spoon full of peanut butter its high in protien and low cal. quick easy diet 8 egg whites one yellow and oatmeal, protien shake, 8oz of chicken, protein shake, steamed veggies u can get from walmart steamables with chicken, than fish and veggie and than protien shake

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    best bang for your buck is 52g gram protien from walmart. choclate add a spoon full of peanut butter its high in protien and low cal. quick easy diet 8 egg whites one yellow and oatmeal, protien shake, 8oz of chicken, protein shake, steamed veggies u can get from walmart steamables with chicken, than fish and veggie and than protien shake

Actually that is not the best band for your buck. Your body can only motabolize about 30 MABY 40 grams of protien at a time so you are actually wasting 22-12grams of protien. The rest that is not metabelized is excreted out.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    If you have a headache, whatever you do, don't throw in a couple of advil liqui-gels. Then you'll have a headache while drinking something that tastes like a bucket of crap and has little chunks of plastic in it.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    The amount protein that you can metabolize is a highly debatable subject. If that were true then no one would consume over 200g a day.

mrdbeau

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Slidell Area
    The amount protein that you can metabolize is a highly debatable subject. If that were true then no one would consume over 200g a day.

Indeed, that is what I've always heard.

If you're working out a lot and need more protein in your diet, I've heard that you can absorb anywhere in the neighborhood of 40-50g in one sitting (and I guess if you're a huge bodybuilder, you can probably hit up more).

General rule of thumb if you're going to be working out and/or cutting down on your fat intake is to eat 1-1.5g protein per day. Also keep in mind that eating foods with a lot of fiber in them is a great way to cut down on calories as they tend to be very filling foods.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston

Eggs, chicken, steamed vegtables in a shake?

I think I'll pass

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Lol, I think he layed out a days worth of meals there.
    I used to mix 1 cup of egg whites, 2 cups of milk, a scoop of whey and 1/2 cup of oatmeal for when I didnt have time to sit down and eat a meal at work. After the oats sit in the milk overnight they soften up and the whole thing actually tasted alright.

Vegasjay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Carencro, LA
    Lol, I think he layed out a days worth of meals there.
    I used to mix 1 cup of egg whites, 2 cups of milk, a scoop of whey and 1/2 cup of oatmeal for when I didnt have time to sit down and eat a meal at work. After the oats sit in the milk overnight they soften up and the whole thing actually tasted alright.

You can always buy a coffee grinder and throw the oats in there to make it into a powder. It mixes much better.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    The dietician at my health club told me 40g of protien is it at a time. Of course lots of people take in more of a lot of things they can't metabolize every day. What your body can't use it just passes through.

Top Bottom